Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-22-2004, 12:56 PM Reply   
I just finished my system and it turned out pretty well. Total investment $1250 including CD player w/remote, 3 amps, 4 boat speakers, and good tower speakers. Click here for full details:

http://bierbower.net/diytower/Boat%20stereo%20system.doc
Old    whitechocolate            07-22-2004, 1:23 PM Reply   
Mike: Nice job. I read all your pages. Looks like you have a nice little system there. In my book Affordable and Stereo systems dont belong in the same sentance its way expencieve. It seems like everyone trys to build a bump-in system on a budjet, I havent found that you can make things realy happen for cheep. But its all what your used to, When it was all said and done it cost over $1400 for all the wire for Harolds SAN. So if you were able to build a sysytem for $1,250 "Rock It"
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       07-22-2004, 1:35 PM Reply   
When you say to run the tower speakers in parallel to a mono amp, what exactly do you mean and how do you wire it? Is a mono amp just a single channel amp? I am thinking about getting those same speakers and I would like to know how to get the best sound out of them. I don't know a whole lot about the specifics of wiring stereo components. Thanks for any help.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-22-2004, 2:34 PM Reply   
Justin,

Most amps can run in stereo or mono, typically in stereo they can push a 2 ohm load in mono they can push a 4 ohm load. The amps instructions usually show which terminals to use for a mono connection. If you run them with a traditional hookup you will be running a 8 ohm load on a 2 ohm source so you will be able to get about 25% of the power out of your amp (Grant helped me realize this). If you use the parallel/mono hookup you will get 100% of your amps expected output.

Parallel

Read the article attached to this link:
http://www.termpro.com/articles/spkrz.html

(Message edited by mikeski on July 22, 2004)
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-23-2004, 2:35 AM Reply   
Hey Grant did you ever finish your box and get to try out tose nx-97's....thanks again for the tip.
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-23-2004, 9:33 AM Reply   
Mike,
Hey nice job, looks/sounds great. Nice write up also (thanks for the mention).
D out
Old    whitechocolate            07-23-2004, 11:52 AM Reply   
"Hi-jack on"
Yes I finished the Tower box and the NX-97's are working great, you can see all the photos www.svtsupercharged.com/gallery
"Hi-jack off"
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-23-2004, 10:28 PM Reply   
Man that album has too many distractions...
Start here: http://svtsupercharged.com/gallery/album08/aey

Grant,
It looks great, truly in your Bling-Bling fashion. The finish looks awesome. I want to hear it when are you going to the Delta?
Mike