Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-27-2007, 2:08 PM Reply   
Just curious what other girls are riding, your skill level, and what they think of your set-up. Do you pay any attention to the graphics (girls vs guys) or is it more about performance for you? I'm in the market and leaning towards a Liquid Force Substance or Watson (which I haven't ridden yet) so just wanting some female perspective. Oh and for me it's more about performance and fit than what it looks like since I'm not into pastels, pink or purple.

Thanks,
-Kim
Old     (amber_nicole)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-28-2007, 10:47 AM Reply   
hey i got a lotus 131 and sage bindings and i like it alot it is pretty and awsome on preformance too!
Old     (aliw2w)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-28-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
I have the Angel with minx bindings. I love my board it was based off of performance.. The substance and the Watson are two really good board that you want to ride. The substance is kind of like the Watson but as aggressive.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-28-2007, 11:49 AM Reply   
TFD with Parks bindings. I absolutely don't care about looks. For me it is performance and demo-ing that makes my decision.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-28-2007, 2:05 PM Reply   
I ride the Jett with Transit bindings. To me its all about performance first, looks 2nd
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-29-2007, 3:16 PM Reply   
I used to ride a substance, which I loved, then I bought a PS3 which I think has a lot of similaritites, but is better in every way! It's not a fast board, but I prefer that - i'd rather do a big wake to wake jump than ride into the flats. The PS3 is really poppy, and has much softer landings than the substance! I used to get a lot of knee pain on the substance, but it's all good now.
Iwas lucky enough to get the pink PS3, but I definitely am after performance not looks. I have the Melissa bindings too. as Cris said in your other thread, make sure you try them on to get the right size. I'm still stuck with the 7-9s when I should have bought the 5-7s, but I didn't have a chance to try them first. They're still great boots, but i have a fair bit of side to side ankle movement because of the sizing issue...

(Message edited by aliwake on July 29, 2007)
Old     (alliecat0223)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-30-2007, 10:26 AM Reply   
144 motive with ronix rise bindings
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-30-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
ahh thanks for your responses. So many boards and bindings to choose from. I think I'm going to try and ride as much as I can then buy something end of season thinking that it may not be the perfect set-up as there will always be something new. i was going to buy a friend's son's byerly 2003 with cheaper hyperlite bindings just to have something but it's taking too long for him to decide on whether he wants to give it up. I don't blame the kid as it's his first board but I just want something consistant and that fits as until that happens I'm never going to be able to trust my gear to to step it up. and it's also nice just to talk to others that ride cause most of the girls in the boats i ride in never even get wet.
-Kim
Old     (wakegirl22)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-30-2007, 5:21 PM Reply   
I ride a Liquid Force 135 Omega with Liquid Force Exo Suction Bindings. The Exos are tight when they are on, so if you don't want to come out, they are perfect for that. I used to ride a LF Trip 133 but felt that it was too small, and decided to go to the Omega because of some reviews on it.
Old     (sskitebabe)      Join Date: May 2007       07-31-2007, 12:45 PM Reply   
132 ronix one with rise bindings

Performance, then looks

Skill Level: unsuccessfully working on a backroll;)
Old     (lexirunner)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-31-2007, 3:09 PM Reply   
'05 134 substance and '06 transit bindings. I'm thinking about a new board for next year but I need to improve my skills a little bit first. I don't really care about looks, although i prefer more subtle graphics as I am not a very flashy person.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-01-2007, 9:41 AM Reply   
I ride an '06 Watson 134 with Watson bindings...love both! I kind of like the black bindings vs. the white Ultras with the Orange substance I used to ride. Performance first, definitely!
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-01-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
So do people like the Watson more than the Substance? What are the main differences cause I rode the Substance without fins and loved the way it cut?

Thanks,
-Kim
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-01-2007, 11:40 AM Reply   
To me, the landings are a bit softer on the Watson than the Substance but they are both really good boards.
Old     (lexirunner)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-01-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
HA! I also used to ride the 04 substance 134 with ultras... nice! I recently took over my husband's '05 and got more stable bindings.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-01-2007, 3:00 PM Reply   
Yeah, I switched from the Ultras to the Watsons to get a little more support from the bindings too!
Old     (finleym)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-17-2007, 10:00 PM Reply   
'07 137 Ronix One with '06 Murray Bindings. I can clear heelside & toeside w2w, an indy grab and am working on some 180's.
Old     (sonironi)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-20-2007, 10:36 PM Reply   
Hey Kim,
you may have already decided on what may work best for you which is great. I also have the Angel. The bindings, can't remember what they said...their liquid force, white and all lace up in kids size...This is my 1st true season, so still a beginner. When 1st looking for a board, I was going to go w/the Lotus. Heard great reviews and I liked the graphics. I didn't know about all the specifics about performance at the time. W/advice from BF and his friends, went w/the Angel. The graphics are also great and have the femininity to it. Also, the performance, for me so far, is great and i'm very happy with the board. i'm very tiny and it's good to feel like I'm not overwhelmed by my board.
-I'm very impressed with all the tricks everyone can do and/or are learning. I hope may be next season i can start gaining more experience as well. Have fun Everyone and thanks for all your input as well!!!!
Old     (tcan)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-20-2007, 11:10 PM Reply   
syn 132 with rise bindings....just buss up my knee, ripped acl, love the bindings not sure if the board is right for me maybe too advanced already, then again it gets my butt out of the water...with my knee bust i can still hs w2w and ts w2w, surface spins blah blah really inconsistent right now...but i swore to myself that i am gonna show up to surgery dripping in salt water...tehehee the sickness is deep! rise is pricey but i swear by them!
Old     (hgaugh)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-21-2007, 7:53 AM Reply   
Originally Diva 134 with element bindings
then moved to the Atla with CWB Torque bindings...

then went back to (but new version) of the Diva 135 with my CWB torque bindings.

LOVE the bindings and the board...even though the bindings don't necessarily match...they serve their purpose. Can't say enough about my Diva...I really like the board.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-21-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
Substance 138 and Ronix Divide bindings. Love both.
Old     (beckywi)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-28-2007, 8:25 PM Reply   
Byerly Legacy 54 with CWB Faction bindings- I started out on an aggressive guy's board and I am just used to it- I love it! The only prob is that when a girl comes out on the water with a board like that the guys expect you to throw down!
Old     (finleym)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-03-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
Just got a new board I bought the 07 Jett and I love it. It has the smoothest landings and toeside is efortless. I still have the 06 Murray bindings.
Old     (reckless)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-14-2007, 8:57 PM Reply   
i ride a 132 gator boards desire and gatorboards fleet wood bindings. i like the performance alot real comfortable bindigns and the board has tons of pop
Old     (a1flowergirl)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-16-2007, 10:36 AM Reply   
137 gator harris with ronix one bindings. love them both . . . just got the bindings this season and enjoyed them all season.
Old     (aliw2w)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-16-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
I just got the gator desire and seville binding and about a mouth ago. It way different then the angle that I have. I like the desire a lot more.
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-18-2007, 12:51 PM Reply   
PS3 with Watsons...recently picked up a Syn with closed toe Shanes on close out. I like both boards but the Syn/Era shape seems to hold it's edge a little easier. Shane boots are just as comfy as the Watsons and the closed toe boot seems fine. I have put beginners on both boards with no problems. They actually prefer my boards as opposed to the beginner package set ups. Boots seem to be the biggest complaint.
Old     (lil_braswell)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-18-2007, 4:16 PM Reply   
Any reason no one is riding the obrien Skyla, Vixen, or Alta?
Old     (hgaugh)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-18-2007, 4:38 PM Reply   
I rode the Atla all last season, it was a GREAT board, but far beyond my talents. It was a fun, fast and aggressive board.

I just sold it to someone that will use it alot better than I was. :-)
Old     (x_l1quid_angel_x)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-19-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
i have a LF Jett with Melissa Bindings. i love it alott <3 definately the best out there.
Old     (wakegrl2109)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-19-2007, 9:07 PM Reply   
Hyperlite Premier 136 w/ LF Transits. Love the setup and is good for agressive riding