Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (dan_forrest)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-22-2006, 12:28 PM Reply   
I have been looking at quite a few V drive boats out there and have come across a few sweet MB boats. I dont know much about them. Can I get a few thoughts, specs, and all the good bad and ugly about these boats
Old     (boardshack)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-22-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
MB Sports of Arizona is pulling the AWA event this weekend. If you have time to make it out to Two Cow cove at Lake Pleasant it would be a great chance to talk to MB Sports owners and get a pull. The first competitive pull will start at 9:30 am. Here is a map you could print out http://www.theawa.com/location.html
Old    Johnny Wadd            06-22-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
I have an 05 B52 team edition which I purchased in Sept 04. I haven't really had any problems with it. I had one warranty issue with a ballast guage and MB had the part to me in a day. I have the 330 with the two speed tranny. The boat has a killer wake and it is huge with the stock ballast. Great craftsmanship all around. I would not hesitate to buy another one. MB customer service is awesome.
Board More/Work Less!
J$
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-22-2006, 2:41 PM Reply   
I have one.. a direct drive. No complaints. Just becareful about the older models 2001-2003ish i belive. Those b52's have a double lipped wake. I have a 00 and no problems with the wake at all. very happy with the boat.
Old    bocephus            06-22-2006, 2:49 PM Reply   
DC,
I just sent you an email. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Thanks and Good Luck,
Bocephus
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-22-2006, 2:59 PM Reply   
I have a 1996 mb sience new. I average over 120 hrs a season and the boat is awsome. I have only replaced the starter solonoid. I have buddies with newer Malibu`s, Master Crafts, Natiques, Calibrias, and I would still get a MB over any of these boats. Awsome Boats with a great craftmanship all around.

If you are in the Sacramento area Marine Max puts together a wakeboard compitition in front of the Delta King on thursday nights untill august.

Phillip
Old     (dan_forrest)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-22-2006, 4:11 PM Reply   
Bocephus, I got your email, thanks a ton. Did you get your SAN at century marine? It looks sweet!
Old     (macgiver)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-24-2006, 11:35 AM Reply   
I OWN A 2003 V220 I BELIEVE THEY MIGHT BE THE BEST BUILT BOATS OUT THERE FIT AND FINISH ATTENTION TO DETAIL IS SECOND TO NONE. THEY ARE A SMALL COMPANY AND STILL CARE ABOUT THERE PRODUCT.
Old    bocephus            06-24-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
Yes, I got it at Century Marine. IMO the only two places that I would buy a boat from in Arizona is at Century Marine or Paradise Watersports. When I purchased my boat I called all the owners of boats in the boat trader and first asked about their boat, then I told them I was buying a new boat and wanted to know about the dealer that they went to. After they realized that I was not interested in their boat most opened up to me and told me all about their boat and its problems and then told me all about their dealer. I didn't find one complaint about Century Marine and I probably talked to over 20 Correct Craft owners in the valley. The second best was Paradise Marine. I talked to a couple of people who had issues with Malibu but were overall very pleased with Paradise Marine, especially Andy. I think the guys up in Surprise are very nice but I don't think the factory or the owner is very customer service orientated. If you are ever out at Bartlett you might also want to talk to the guy who runs the marina. He has first hand knowledge of how well those boats hold up over time.

For me Correct Craft was the only way to go, how can you go wrong with their warranty teamed up with a great dealership like Century Marine - that's peace of mind for me!

Overall I thought my MB was very well put together. In mine I could not find one screw anywhere, everything was bolted together which I thought was impressive. You know the rest of the story though.

Good luck!
Old     (domin8)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-25-2006, 11:03 PM Reply   
2004 V3 with 250+ hrs. Great dealer (Sporting Edge) and no real issues. We are very happy with the boat and the wake.

Clete
Old     (bkman211)      Join Date: May 2006       06-30-2006, 1:11 AM Reply   
I have a 06 B52 V23 Team. I have had it out about 6 times now and am really happy with it for the most part. I have the team edition with 2500lbs of balast which makes an insane wake when full, half way is more than enough for me, if I would have known I probably would have got the regular edition so I could have the foot room in the bow. Finish is very nice although a couple of the cup holders dont seem to be fitted correctly. Also the pads under the tower have moved and need to be replaced. The pro tower is a pain in the ass to fold, it is a two person job for sure (although 50lbs of speakers probably make it a little harder). Overall great boat for the money. I think my favorite part about it is having a boat that is as good or better than anything out there and standing out from the crowd of Malibu's, CC's and MC's.

Upload
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-30-2006, 5:20 AM Reply   
don't listen to what everyone tells you on here. Some people are bitter about bad experiences that just dont seem to make sense. MB's are great boats, I just got mine but know a few people who have them and have never had any issues and love their MB. There are lots of great boats to choose from, MB is definitely one of the best. IMO. You gotta get out and drive and ride any boats you are interested in and take a good look at them. You will get a feel for whether or not you like it!
Old     (tomferguson)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-30-2006, 6:47 AM Reply   
I agree with Sean. I'm on my 2nd MB and love it but all my buddies have Malibu's and they are nice as well. IMO MBs are top of the line but like sean said, you have to get out and drive and ride behind the ones that interest you the most and then make your choice. Good Luck man..
Old     (pdxviperguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-12-2006, 3:44 PM Reply   
How much should I expect to pay of r a completely loaded 06 B52 standard edition? What is the main difference or differences between the standard B52 and the team edition?
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-12-2006, 3:56 PM Reply   
the team edition gives you an extra 500lb of ballast in the front of the boat. I use lead in the front and it works just as well. As far as price it depends on what part of the country you are in. East coast you can get into one in the low 50s. That is minus the shower and heater options. they come standard with great stuff..ie wakeboard pro ..dual batteries..2000lbs of ballast..etc...
Old     (pdxviperguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-14-2006, 4:02 PM Reply   
I just signed on for an 06 B52 V23 non team today with the single speed tranny and the 330 horse engine. I am pretty psyched to get it and it sounds like monday should be my day.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-15-2006, 2:28 AM Reply   

quote:

I have been looking at quite a few V drive boats out there and have come across a few sweet MB boats. I dont know much about them. Can I get a few thoughts, specs, and all the good bad and ugly about these boats

the good:

very nice and comfortable interior
roomy
solid towers
very nice rides

the bad:

the wake (no matter how much weight you put in it)
the graphics

the ugly:

the 2-speed transmission sounds like it's gonna drop out of the boat. it really sounds scary when it shifts from 1st to 2nd, or high to low, or whatever.
Old    hyperryd            07-15-2006, 6:59 AM Reply   
Joe: I'm not sure who was driving the boat that sounded like the tranny was going to drop out of the boat when it shifted, but I can tell you that if the boat is driven right, you can't even tell that it shifted. If you shift when the boat is tached out or under heavy load with out pulling back slightly on the throttle it will shift hard. This is not an automatic transmission like a regular car one. It is more like a stick with no clutch, it shifts right now. With my boat the time to shift from low to high durring a pull was right when the boat pushed over on to plane. As I pulled back on the throttle to boarding speed I shifted into high. You never even felt it, unless you were listening for the RPM's to drop suddenly. If you drive it more like a stick shift and back out of the throttle slightly before shifting it is a very smooth tranny. Try shifting a car tranny at full throttle with a very fast clutch and see how lurtching it is. The tranny is designed to take the hard shifts, but with a little practice you don't have to. After owning a two speed for a few years I have a tough time driving friends boats with a single speed. You just lose so much control and flexibility.

Just thought that I would let people know who have never been shown the right way to drive a two-speed. By the way I have had to show a few different MB owners the same thing. I went for rides on their boats and they were slamming into high. I showed them the right way and they have never hard shifted again.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-15-2006, 5:33 PM Reply   
Joe, what do you mean, the wake is bad? Do you mean size, or comparing it to SAN & X1? I am going to be upgrading boats soon. (A year, maybe two) and am starting to look now. I like the MB, and the EPIC.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-15-2006, 10:50 PM Reply   
hyperryd, the owner of the boat was driving one mb i rode behind. the other, a salesperson/rep.

robb, sure it can get big, but it's not clean, very mushy at the top of the wake.
Old     (domin8)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-16-2006, 4:26 PM Reply   
To be fair - if the wake is not clean of course it will not be solid.

Ours runs very clean IMHO. We have tried many different setups and when it's not right you gotta change it. We can add front and middle weight when the conditions are fair to good and the wake does improve in both size and get solid to the top.
Certainly the number of people and their position is the biggest factor.

This has been our experience.