Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old    jajoor            09-11-2005, 11:15 AM Reply   
I live in England and work in the film bussiness as a Marine coordinator looking after marine sequences and actors in the water . Did films like Private Ryan and Captain Corelli's Mandolin. I decided to launch a new web site with a friend of mine about four months ago for people to win boats www.winyourboat.com and especialy a wake board boat as I'm learning at the moment. We went for a Sea Doo Speedster for our first boat but wanted some feed back from real Boarders as to which one to put on next. We have almost sold all the tickets and will be buying a new one to replace the Sea Doo. Any suggestions out there? }
Old    live2wakeboard            09-11-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
MALIBU OR MASTERCRAFT!!!!! THATS THE WAY TO GO....
LUCKY T
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-11-2005, 11:38 PM Reply   

quote:

MALIBU OR MASTERCRAFT!!!!! THATS THE WAY TO GO....

and not nautiques? sanger?
Old    jajoor            09-11-2005, 11:43 PM Reply   
Thanks guys will look at the Mastercraft at the Southampton show, not sure if they will have a Malibu.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-12-2005, 6:49 AM Reply   
Can't go wrong with a Mastercraft. Does anyone know if Nautique or Malibu makes their boats without any wood like Mastercraft?
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-12-2005, 6:59 AM Reply   
Awe geeeezz....here we go again!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-12-2005, 9:23 AM Reply   
No wood in Natiques or Malibu's and lots other boat manufactures.Sanger might have wood but they have lifetime warranty so it is irrelevant.
Old     (jediknight)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-13-2005, 5:49 AM Reply   
James,

All the boats mentioned are great. It most important to have a great relatioship with the dealer. Go for the one that gives best customer service. Mastercraft UK are great, as are the guys at TV Ski Correct Craft, also have a look at Tige, who have been growing quickly. Unfortunately Malibu, Supra, Sanger etc don't have as big a presence over here. Mastercraft and Nautique are dominant and will have he most established parts and service network.

Check out:
www.mastercraft-europe.com
www.tvski.co.uk (Nautiques)
www.midland-marine-uk.com (Tige)
Old    jajoor            09-13-2005, 6:23 AM Reply   
Thanks Jedi will see if they are at the Southampton show if not pay them a visit. We are looking at sponsoring a new youngster with potential as a top wakeboarder, so any ideas let me have their names. we are already sponsoring a couple of guys for the Olympics who sail in the F18 series and will be going with the Tornado. You will see their profile on our site within the next week.
Old     (jediknight)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-13-2005, 7:19 AM Reply   
James,

I'm probably not the best person to ask for names of kids to sponsor, it really depends on the image you want to portray for your company. If you post your requirements on forum at www.wakeboard.co.uk then I'm sure you'll have a lot of response. There are a lot of good young riders coming through in the UK all of whom would be only too happy to take up an offer of sponsorship, make sure you pick somebody you will represent you best.

Otherwise, if you pay me enough I'll jack in the day job and rep for you. I do suck at riding though.......
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-13-2005, 7:39 AM Reply   
Come on, go with a luxury tow boat that is just bling!!! Check out the Supra 24SSV.
Old    jajoor            09-13-2005, 9:55 AM Reply   
Ah Ok I see! just looked at your profile Jamie and not surprised to see you rep Supra! Listen if we have a good year you never know! but how much does a 24SSV retail for?
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-13-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
I’m also a MasterCraft dealer, who has owned other boats including Malibu. The guys at Skier’s Choice make a great boat that I have fallen in love with for many reasons. With a rear facing seat, two flip ups you can get 5+ people facing the rider, 1,950lbs of ballast in bags that won’t freeze up and cause problems during winter, bling-bling Roswell tower speakers with swing out board racks, hard bimini with a new board rack accross the top perfect for surf boards or tubes, ton of storage, and priced less than an equal in MC or CC. Sorry for making a suggestion or dropping info, but I thought that was what you were looking for... Sorry...

Maybe next time I will use a fake profile or something or just not post and let you shop with blinders on…

(Message edited by jamie lamar on September 13, 2005)
Old    jajoor            09-13-2005, 1:23 PM Reply   
No thats cool Jamie only kidding! if you are in the bussines, I am looking at everything at the moment. In the end it comes down to what people want. We went with the Sea-Doo initially as it was an all rounder i.e. you don't have to use it as a wake boat but we have had some response from people saying they would buy a ticket if it was a full on out and out wake boat, hence me asking the question. Thanks for your input and I will get back to you after the show in England. We can buy the boats anywhere as I said, so it may be cheeper to get one over the pond and put it with a dealer to hold on too. We were reluctant to do that at first as we were unsure how long it would take to sell the tickets and did not want to give the winner a 2005 boat in 2006. As the ticket sales have gone through the roof we can now afford to buy a boat on the basis that it will be won within three months.