Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-01-2004, 8:58 AM Reply   
I was watching the Extreme Sports channel yesterday and they featured a short segment on a new wakeboard video called 'Nothing', featuring Canadian riders Brian McAuley, Chris Guy and Sean Fleming. There was one wild stunt with Brian jumping off a huge cliff with his wakeboard! Anyhow, it looks like it featured some riding in Woods and Kalamalka Lakes, and showed the Deviate Board shop Wakesetter. I'd love to get this when it comes out - does anybody know anything about it? Who's producing it? When is it coming out (is it out yet?)?
Old    forum25            03-01-2004, 11:12 AM Reply   
Its out...its been out for years now...its an older video from like 1999 or 2000 i think? i have it at home and did a review for it for wake world...i saw it on ebay the other day too actually!

it features a lot of canaidian rides and parks when he used to ride for free motion , Shannon best when he rode for Iconn..its a good movie..but check out Sea Monkeys if you can..GREAT VID!

Jake Thomas produced them i am pretty sure!
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-01-2004, 11:56 AM Reply   
Thanks Tim. I've been trying to find info on the net, and of course all searches come up with 'All or Nothing'! Can anyone point me to an online source?

Jake Thomas from 'World of Wakeboarding'?
Old    forum25            03-01-2004, 12:20 PM Reply   
on-line sources? hhhmmm try the following and e-mail them and see if they have any copies?

www.boardsports.ca
www.surfparadise.com
www.muskokastore.com(don't always respond)

Boardsports and surf are shops in ontario i have seen them in, i got my copy from muskoka store they MAY have a copy...not sure tho.

if you can;t come up with anything... let me know and when i get back to ontario this spring i'll take a look around muskoka and 0ntario for you and pick you up a copy!

Yea Jake from 'The World of Wakeboarding' i used to love that show! i wonder where jake went to? or whats he is doing these days!??
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-01-2004, 1:05 PM Reply   
Thanks Tim.

We used to love that show too! It was a real disappointment when that show got cancelled.
Old    forum25            03-01-2004, 1:27 PM Reply   
oh i know...i remembered they had some GREAT things for an upcoming season and then it got cancelled...such a bummer!

You may see me out on the west coast in April..for most of april...cross your fingers i am ITCHING to get back to the mountains!
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-01-2004, 2:24 PM Reply   
Yeah, I really liked their format. All of a sudden it just disappeared off the map.

Although Jake was lacking a bit of knowledge on the west coast. I remember one episode when they were featuring riding at one of the lakes around Whistler, and he kept referring to the Rocky Mountains (those are the Coastal Mountain range).

Hey, I live here, and I'm itching to get back to the mountains too! Good luck!
Old    forum25            03-01-2004, 5:08 PM Reply   
haha thats funny...was it the one where they featured that wakeboard school in whistler? yea i remember that one!

YEa you live in van don't you? been to whis at all as of late? cos thats where i'll be..back where i belong!
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-02-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
Yeah, I live in Vancouver, but have only been to Whistler once this year. We've spent the year renovating, just bought and moved into a new house (2 minutes from where the boat is moored in the summer!), and still have the old house on the market, so haven't had much time for boarding yet. I'll probably get up a couple more times, but it's not going to be a stellar year.

I agree, I'd love to spend a winter up there!
Old    forum25            03-02-2004, 11:14 AM Reply   
well thats good you live close to the boat in the summer....i live at my cottage in the summer so i can ride whenever i want...the joys of having a summer place to go!

Yea i lived up there one winter and it was pretty amazing i must say! i woudl love to spend more time in the Van area tho! and possible one day wakeboard out west!