Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                07-06-2001, 8:48 PM Reply   
I saw a video that had a quick shot of a guy doing a nose blem. It looks like a variation on the powerslide. Seems he somehow mashed the nose of his board in the water and then slide around to ride the slide out--kind of doing a backwards wheelie on the water. The middle of the trick has the nose riding in the water and tail swung around in front.

Anyone know how to do this trick? Anyone have any tricks on starting it? i.e. how do you get the nose to start sliding and not diving...
Old                07-06-2001, 9:11 PM Reply   
sorry dont know how to do it but i know what ur talking baout its in my house or monkey on a string and it is one of the coolest things ive ever seen.
Old                07-07-2001, 2:43 PM Reply   
i think your referring to the nose blunt.
Old    (whit) on Monday, July 0            07-09-2001, 5:33 PM Reply   
I think you are right--it is a Nose Blunt. A Blem is probably closer to what I'm doing. :) I think I figured out how to get the nose planted--just can't stay up very long after I do. To get the nose planted it is a easy as starting the powerslide and then digging the nose in while lifting up the back of the board. I can feel the back of board start to swing around as I try to stabilize myself--that's about the time I eat it. Maybe tomorrow I'll figure it out...
Old    that's where i keep all my wakeboarding mags..            07-10-2001, 8:15 PM Reply   
i can't remember what issue of wbm this trick is in but I can find out this weekend when I'm out at the lake (that's where i keep all my wakeboarding mags..) But I definately remember it in an old issue. They have a picture of shaun murray doing it and an explanation of how its done..

i'll try and find it for ya