Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       03-26-2003, 4:54 PM Reply   
anyone made enclosures for 2 6.5s. if so either post some pics or send them to me at fried_sushi711@hotmail.com . thanx
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-26-2003, 5:37 PM Reply   
Charley I'm in the process of making speaker boxes/tubes myself.I found 6 inch pvc pipe at orcherd supply.Then i got the same diameter drian that fitsinside the pipe and just cut out the drain and insert speaker.I dont have any pics but I am in the process of finishing them ten I am going to either cover them with carpet or vinyl.Mine are going inside the boat not on a tower or pole.I got an old boat and have to make speaker housing and everything myself.It is proving to be a pain in the A$$.
Old     (mc_driver)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-26-2003, 9:21 PM Reply   
My recipe for "quick" tubes:

1 - 6" PVC coupler
1 - 6" PVC end cap
2pcs - 6" PVC tubing cut to 4" lengths

Take one 4" piece 6" PVC tube and connect coupler and end cap.

Carefully drill speaker mounting holes into remaining 4" piece 6" pVC tube. Mount speaker. Insert this tube into open end of coupler.

DONE!!

See....

PVC speaker
Old    kiwi            03-27-2003, 12:31 AM Reply   
I've just finished a set for myself out of pvc .I found that to get a better sound out them I doubled the thickness of the outside wall .
That is :
Cut the pipe the lenght that you want and then cut another the same lenght .You'll have to take a slot out of one so that if you compress it it fits inside neatly.Then get your pvc glue and coat liberally and stick it in . Make sure that you coat right around the walling or they could vibrate.
This also gives you a wider area to screw in your speakers and the wall should end up about 10mm thick.
Make sure you get a good paint job on them too .I took mine to a spray painter and the finsh is sweet . Its also a lot harder finish
cheers
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       03-27-2003, 5:46 AM Reply   
I made these and the guy that made my tower
did the brackets for only $50.
Including speakers I have less than $250
invested. That will afford me another pair
soon! Speakers are MB Q 6.5's and 4's
from SoundAdvice clearance table
I'm pushing them with an MTX 6302 Bridged
hitting about 125-150 watts to each speaker.

Old     (98air)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-27-2003, 7:11 AM Reply   
anyone made a sub tube outta pvc?
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-27-2003, 11:18 PM Reply   
Sandy,

Those are sweet, how did you clamp them to the tower? I cant see it in the pic's

Bill
www.MonsterTower.com