Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-16-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
I have a pair of Cells 07' and Shane CT 07', used the cells last season, the Shane's not yet...
I think I'll love both boots but I honestly do not think, under any fall type I will come out of these boots...which kinda scares me

I had murrays and byerly's before these and trying new tricks or coming up short on a 5 (something will a hard fall) was never a big deal because I would just pop out and be fine,
now I don't think I'll like taking falls, making me try less new/tricks I'm not strong on in these new boots because the way they feel

its going to be something on my body that will give before the boots will..
anyone else feel like you're boots being so tight and secure they'll destroy you?
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-16-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   
You will come out of the boots. I rode the Cells for a week and over rotated a front flip and left the board and boots 10 yards back and the insert between me and the board. The worst part was that it was in a tournament and I got dazed pretty good. After that, the boots were loose and felt sloppy and I sent them back and got the CT watsons. I have come out of them as well. I always have cranked my boots tight and I have always come out of every pair.

Don't worry, you will come out if it is bad enough
Old    benj_t            12-16-2007, 2:02 PM Reply   
nah man. i had the shanes and right now i have the 07 watsons. they are definetly locked in but when u take a hard fall its no problem. i dont know bout the cells but with the shanes and watsons they only came out like once or twice but i was fine. i love the shanes u will be happy with them. even though u dant come out, dont worry about the falls they arent any worse. every once in a while ure foot might come out like halfway in the shanes, and that kinda feels wierd and could hurt. but dont worry bro.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-16-2007, 2:45 PM Reply   
i crank my bindings down so tight that i cant ride for more than maybe 10-15 minutes at a time so that i wont come out. i have never been injured from not coming out of them. its like a snowboard, you dont come out of those bindings. why would it be different for wakeboarding
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-16-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
I don't think it's an equipment thing, because if it was then I'm sure the manufacturers would be looking for ways to allow your feet to release more easily instead of providing a tighter heel hold. I think this is more of an issue with the way that your ankles and feet are shaped, to be honest. Everyone's a bit different, so I think it's just a matter of riding in a bunch of different bindings so that you can find a pair that allows you to release when you want to release.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-16-2007, 6:33 PM Reply   
My feeling on the matter is that you don't want to come out unless both feet come out. Injuries happen when one foot comes out and the other stays in, by by knees/ankles. Cinch em down, ride hard, don't worry about getting hurt.
Old    benj_t            12-16-2007, 6:49 PM Reply   
haha i agree with Big Heavy. dont worry about gettin hurt.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-16-2007, 9:37 PM Reply   
I'm not worried about really long term injury's, but something where 5 min into a set I take a digger, faceplant and the run is cut short due the the instant headache and overall feeling, I'm only Orlando 3/4 months, I gotta make it worth it..
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-16-2007, 9:38 PM Reply   
** scott whats the tower setup on the boat in your profile **
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-16-2007, 9:54 PM Reply   
That's Mike Schewenne's boat from like 4 years ago. It has a prototype tower on it that Mike was testing for them.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-17-2007, 6:37 AM Reply   
I have a couple of friends that have sworn off ct boots after having bad falls and not coming out of their boots. I'm wondering if it's because of the dry entry?
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-17-2007, 7:21 AM Reply   
My two cents after just having surgery on a joint dislocation fracture and torn ligament in my foot. I'm not so sure closed toe is the issue as much as how much bindings stretch between when you first take them out of the box and ride them for a month or two. When I got my 07 3ds I could hardly get my foot in them. After 2 months of riding, and I didn't ride all that much this summer, there was a little wiggle room in the lower portion of my foot. I excpect bindings to stretch so I normally buy them a size smaller than what my foot is. I didn't think the wiggle room was a big issue until I came down hard from a fall and my foot twisted inside the binding. Personally I'm switching to open toe for next year. I don't blame my injury on the fact the binding was a close toe as much as there was nothing to secure the lower portion of my foot in that binding once it stretched. My foot never should've been able to twist the way it did. And maybe if it wouldn't have something else would've gave, but I have to think it wouldn't of. In my case I also think if the binding were an open toe the end result may have been different. Just whatever you get make sure it fits your foot well and there's a way to secure the lower portion of your foot. And if it stretches too much in within the warranty period, take it back and complain.
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-17-2007, 7:38 AM Reply   
sp0tts,

Does this look familiar?

Upload
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-17-2007, 7:49 AM Reply   
Spotts,

I have that same issue with the newer style bindings. I haven't been able to find a binding that will provide me with the ankle support and ability to hold my lower foot snug the way I like. For this reason I'm still riding in my 2003 Belmonts. They hold my ankle snug, and I added separate lower laces to keep my foot snug. I can cinch down the option two strap for above and cinch down the lower foot to my liking so they feel perfect on my feet. I know their old and my friends say I'm crazy, but I've never had an injury in them or an issue with coming out in a bad crash.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-17-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
spotts, i would look into the LF avntage if i were you. go try em on. the 3 velcro straps let you tighten those things down as hard as can handle it. and the straps are wide so no pressure points.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-17-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
What do you guys think about the new SLINGSHOT bindings with the interior heel harness and the split laces???? (one over toes and the other for the ankle up)... 'course the split laces isn't anything new... but the interior harness isUpload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-17-2007, 9:56 AM Reply   
jeremy, yeah that boot holds you down tight. pretty damn comfy too.

but for people lookin for that open toe i stand firm on the vantage. vantage FTW!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-17-2007, 9:56 AM Reply   
those slingshots look awesome....
Cliff:
the shanes I picked up have the single tightest feel w/o any pressure pts I've ever been in... the laces get so tight around my foot its unreal, LF really stepped up...i use to hate their products but now I think otherwise
They're more secure than 3DS's, Cells, or One's... except the new murray looks like a tank, i would bet thats going to be a great boot
but
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-17-2007, 10:17 AM Reply   
With Jason C and Heavy on this...
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-17-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
The new Murray boot is certainly not a tank.
Old     (owenitall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-17-2007, 1:10 PM Reply   
nick,
i demo'ed some cwb zeus bindings with the hinge tech. they locked my heels in so tight i was afraid i would tear my knees out on my first fall also.

i rode them one or two more times after that, and it got better, but i could tell i was still holding back on my riding with them though.
Old    benj_t            12-17-2007, 6:20 PM Reply   
ive never had a problem with any LF boot. i love the CTs. they are so much better.
Old     (maggiewss)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-18-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
i think you are just a pussy...
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-18-2007, 4:27 PM Reply   
And now you just got called out by a female. Probably didn't see that coming when you started the thread huh?

The Slingshot boots are pretty stiff, the internal harness is alright. Everyone I know that uses them has completely removed the internal laces so they flex. They are comfy as all hell, I'll give em that. Just way too much going on for me.

I'll take my Answers any day of the week. Solid support yet flexible and so comfortable. Has anyone ridden with the Hinge undone? Is that a bad idea?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-18-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
it would be stupid for you to get pulls from a pussy then eh maggie?.... i tried calling you like 6 times the other day, phone off, are you still in WV?
Old     (maggiewss)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-18-2007, 5:20 PM Reply   
get on aim or yahoo... no service