Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (kobedog21)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-11-2007, 7:22 PM Reply   
I know there is tons of feedback on after market towers, but have seen limited feedback on loudliquid's T1 tower. Does anyone have one? How is the performance, rigidity, and is it rattle free? Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-11-2007, 11:11 PM Reply   
A friend of mine put one on his boat about 2 years ago. From what i remember, it creaks a bit when the line is loaded, but no rattles.

The thing i didn't like was the way it was mounted at the front port side. It blocks the windshield from opening all the way. Probably fits a little different on every boat, but that's something to watch out for.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       12-12-2007, 12:19 PM Reply   
I retail them in the UK so can give a little insight.

They are solid, great quality towers, however they aren't as stiff as say a Monster Tower. They are generally totally silent and look great compared to many others towers out there.

Lou - Thats whoever installed the towers fault. They should have installed the tower legs further out or further forward/back so it didn't foul the windscreens movement - common error.
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-12-2007, 6:56 PM Reply   
Make sure you get the work done before you give the guy any money.
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-12-2007, 7:11 PM Reply   
Brit Rider, I live about 10 miles from LoudLiquid, I''m pretty sure LL actually did the install. I can ask my friend tomorrow.
Old     (357)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-13-2007, 11:19 AM Reply   
I had one and it was a great tower. I did notice the web cracked at the weld. For the money and functionality, you can't go wrong.
Old     (l1spoogy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-13-2007, 3:43 PM Reply   
I had one installed on my Mariah bowrider in 2004. I sold it the next year to a friend who still has the boat. Not a single problem with it to this day. I do have a couple of pictures of it on the boat if you want to see what they look like installed.
Old     (kobedog21)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-16-2007, 5:33 PM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback. I ended up going with a custom tower that wasn't too much more expensive. This is definitely a great time to buy.