Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (joshuag)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-27-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
I was wondering if anyone has messed around with adding weight in an x15 to get a bigger surf wake. My port side (Passenger side) wake is sweet but my starboard side(drivers side) is ridable but not very clean. I was hoping that some has experienced this problem and tried to fix it. I don't have any fat sacks to add more weight and don't want to buy some if it wont really help. Any comments would be much appreciated!!!!!

Josh
Old     (meraculus)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-11-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
Josh,
Adding 2 sacs side by side on the floor of the seating area and then emptying one side of the factory ballast works pretty well. In the process of adding 2 more sacs, hopefully a big improvement. I have some video of the wake, see my website for the link. Clay
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       09-11-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
talk to ed or jeff, weight generaly helps the surf wake. The magical equation that works with most boats is a lot in the back some on the side and a little bit less in the nose. In my boat that equals 750 in the back 500 on the side bench and 250 in the nose. If you keep those simple 3 2 1 proportions your wake should work out. Speed is somewhere between 9 and 13.

Your boat has a 300# factory side tanks and 300# in the middle. I would go back to your boat dealer and see what they can do for you, they might cut you a deal on some fat sacs. A fly high fat sac cost 139 and a pair of v drive sacs cost 179. 100 for the pump kit. the fatsac in the back one v drive bag on the bench and one in the bow on the side and you should be surfing.
Old     (makai_surfer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-11-2007, 9:59 PM Reply   
Josh:

2 Words- Pop-Products!!!! Enough said.

Seriously go to www.pop-products.com or email: troy@pop-products.com

Get about 500-800 lbs of pop and you will be singing praises like the rest of us who have found this great way to dial in the wake. Btw I have an X-30 with 800lbs of pop, 2- 750lbs fat sac bags in the rear lockers, and 2- 220lbs fat sacs in the bow seat area. That along with the factory ballast in the floor. I also upgraded to an OJ XMP Edge prop to get the boat up on plane.

While surfing, I fill it up...while wake boarding we run only about 75% of the ballast.

I still think that my favorite component is the pop bags which can be easily moved around to get the perfect wake shape you are looking for!

Hit me up anytime if you have any more questions.

Jason
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-11-2007, 11:53 PM Reply   
Hey Jason, when you are wakesurfing port side with your X-30 what is your ballast configuration? Do you place the pop products primarily under the port passenger seat? Thanks
Old     (makai_surfer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-12-2007, 12:08 AM Reply   
Hey pack, I have 20- 40lbs bags total. 7 are evenly spread in the bow. 4 stay in the center all the time. Then when surfing portside the remaining 9 bags go from the rear port seat to the rear locker (usually 4+5). If I had more bags the rest would go front portside.... Best wishes!