Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                05-24-2004, 5:35 PM Reply   
Hey guys!

I did my first grab today and I did a TS Indy. I have finally got the w2w's down and wanted to start trying grabs. I was just goofin' off today (so sore from yesterdays board extravaganza) wakeboarded, wakesurfed and wakeskated (first time ever) all in one day!!
so today I was kinda just ridin' to ride and was getting really big TS air and doing my TS 180's and thought, heck, why not reach the ol' digits down and try to grab something. well, I did it kinda leaned forward too much on a few and then they told me to bring my knees up to my chest more and bam! I had it. my question is why does the TS seem so much less intimidating than the HS?? I can't get myself to let go of the handle to try the grab HS..is this all in my head?

what was everyones first grab and was it TS or HS?
Old    alanp            05-25-2004, 9:23 AM Reply   
could possibly be that on your toeside all you will do is fall on your butt b/c of the way the rope is pulling you. heelside if you let the handle pull you over you'll face plant. sounds like a mental issue.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       05-26-2004, 9:07 AM Reply   
TS is easier because when you grab the board you actually keep in your leaning away from the boat stance. When you grab heelside you almost come forward to grab the board, which requires a nice floaty jump, or a lot of time in the air.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-26-2004, 1:47 PM Reply   
Yeah, I would have said something similar to Sean. You're leaning away from the boat and actually toward your board, so it's easy to bring it right up and grab. Trick is to grab something other than indy, like tail, nose, or melon (sp). I've just tried to slap the board in those places to get used to reaching. Try just letting go with the back hand on HS and landing. Should give you the feel for it.

good luck!!
Eric