Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (wannagowakin)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-06-2004, 6:45 PM Reply   
can i pleeze have some tips on hitting rails
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-07-2004, 12:31 AM Reply   
well, if it has a slide-up onto it, DEFINATLY TAKE IT, do not try to ollie up onto it your first time. also, whatever you do, KEEP YOUR KNEES BENT. iv seen so many peoople have stiff-leggs and get rocked
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-07-2004, 12:33 AM Reply   
wake i mean by slide-up like on thoes inflatable ones they have rail goin up it and down the other end. picture an a-frame. However, if you dont have one, good luck and wear a helment
Old     (wannagowakin)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-07-2004, 3:26 PM Reply   
i am mking an up to flat and i got a got a helmet for my b-day, thanks for the advice, also, i lean more centered/ forward right
Old     (obrienride16)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-08-2004, 9:49 PM Reply   
if its not too high, ride about 1/2 way past the rail, then ollie onto it and just slide the last 5 feet or so. that is usually the easiest way to do it. as you get comfortable, get on the rail earlier and slide more of it.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-08-2004, 11:39 PM Reply   
i dunno, i always found it easier to slide up it then get off whenever rather than ollie my first time. Personal opinion , tho
Old                03-09-2004, 8:39 AM Reply   
I have a question... I'd like to try and start hitting the sliders at TSR. Should I take the fins off, even though I'm not going to be doing 50-50 slide? Maybe so it's easier to slide off one way or the other if I want out early.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-09-2004, 10:49 AM Reply   
id definatly take my fins off
Old     (aussie_stu)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-09-2004, 3:39 PM Reply   
connor stay centred too man, if you lean back it will be real nasty, so just stay centred and low.
Old     (wannagowakin)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-10-2004, 5:04 PM Reply   
thanx, keep the tips coming pleeze
Old                03-10-2004, 6:31 PM Reply   
I know it doesn't answer your question, but how much easier is it to break your board on a rail? My friend broke his on a rail and Liquid Force refused to replace it under the warranty. I have never done a rail b/c I don't wanna break my board. It took a long time for me to save up all that money.