Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-17-2007, 12:51 PM Reply   
Found a link to this in the archives.....just wondering if anyone here has tried one. Do they work?

http://www.attwood-server.com/products/parts.asp?productid=577&path=fuel&category=5&gtype =2&group=0&subgroup=0&categoryname=&typename=&head ername=

Basically....whenever I refill my 210...the pump doesn't automatically shut off in time. It spits gas out onto the side of the boat and onto the trailer....VERY ANNOYING. I get around it by watching my fuel gauge or listening for the gurgling sound. I would rather be able to start the pump and walk away rather than babysit it.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-17-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
I have the same problem with my Malibu. I've heard that installing one of these helps greatly

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=LG-50

Malibucrew.com even has a thread on how to install it.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=lg50
Old     (twoten)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-17-2007, 1:10 PM Reply   
my 210 does the same thing everytime... and I barely run the pump. Its not wide open either, its on like the first click with me holding the nozzle listening for the gurgle and it still spews everywhere... I have started carrying a small bottle of wax and a few micro fiber towels with to clean up the hull.

If you install it, please let us know how it works out. I would be very interested to know.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-17-2007, 1:15 PM Reply   
Every other boat I haev owned spews gas liek that but my new boat ( 07 22SSV) does nto do it...maybe they finally fixed this annoying problem.
Old    bocephus            07-17-2007, 1:19 PM Reply   
All you have to do is to take papertowels and pack them around the pump nozzle. The pump will then shot off when it is full
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-17-2007, 2:14 PM Reply   
I have one of those installed on my SAN and it works like a charm. Very simple install as outlined in the post above and basically resolves the entire problem.
Old     (elantz)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-17-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
Bocephus knows how we do it! The paper towel trick works everytime. I don't know why - but it does.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-17-2007, 3:23 PM Reply   
maybe a loop in the vent line and or get it as high as posible.
Old     (gary_in_ia)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-17-2007, 3:44 PM Reply   
Chris,
Do you have the Surge Protector or the fuel/air separator?
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-17-2007, 3:52 PM Reply   
thanks for the info ya'll....I'll check out the skidim and malibucrew links and report back....

The paper towels around the nozzle trick works for me sometimes....but not every time...ugghh...
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-17-2007, 3:53 PM Reply   
2 thing's

#1 The check valve or Gas tank vent is where gas spills from when your tank is full. Its a B.S set up on my Air nautique. The vent runs right out of the tank and to the side of the boat. If you fill the tank up and drive to the lake you get gas spilliage out the overflow and down the side of the boat.
I installed a check valve inline to the vent. It was a simple fix I dont know why the factory dosent install one.

#2 Kick back from the pump. My boat has 2 gas caps. So you can fill from the left or the right. I take off both caps when filling. This stops the tank from getting presurized when filling. It Will not stop kick back but it sure limits it. Try turning on the boat so that you can see how full it is on the gas gage on the dash. Also listen to the tank filling you can hear it getting fuller and fuller. That way you will know when you are getting close to being full and you can slow donw on the pump and stop gas from shooting out the
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-17-2007, 3:56 PM Reply   
it says in the malibucrew link that this only works when fuel is spewing from the vents. on my SAN....it's spewing out of the filler neck....

Grant - thanks for the suggestion, but man...it sure is irritating that one would have to open both gas caps. I can typically prevent the spilling every time if I sit there and babysit it...listening for the gurgling sound as it gets close to full.

I just don't want to babysit it....I'd rather spend that time in the store getting ice/beer/etc because there's butter to be had and I'm in a hurry!! :-)
(Message edited by fletch_tx on July 17, 2007)

(Message edited by fletch_tx on July 17, 2007)
Old     (malibu_monkey)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-17-2007, 8:28 PM Reply   
The air/fuel seperator only works on the vent line. I use either an old rag or paper towels and rap them around the nozzle for a tight seal. Yes it's a pain, but I don't know of anything else that works.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-17-2007, 10:33 PM Reply   
Another tip:

On my boat the gas flows into the tank via a rubber hose. The rubber hose is at a real serious bend making it hard for the gas to flow easy into the tank because of the serious bend.

What I do is turn the gas nozzel upside down and fill upside down. This makes it so the flow of the gas is not making a "S" turn as it goes in. Its more like a "U" turn and it makes it so the kick off on the gas pump works a bit better. It might not work the same on your SAN because the angle of how gas flows into your boat is a bit smoother than on my boat. So it might not help you just somthing diffrent to try out
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       07-18-2007, 1:27 AM Reply   
"G" I really does not matter on a 210 the gas spews out almost what ever you do. I usually us the rag/paper towel method to keep the gas getting all over the boat/stickers ect... I should try opening the other gas cap... Seems like it midght work. Io jsut got use to fillign the gas tank up partially on what I thought I would be a full tank from the last time out. I use to look at the actual tank and see how much gas was in it bu tat my boat aged the tank became harder to "read"
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       07-18-2007, 1:29 AM Reply   
Matk, I hope to have my boat by August 5th so we can plan a river trip soon afterwards!!! I will give you a shout!!

John