Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (gregs_place)      Join Date: Sep 2012       12-06-2012, 5:16 PM Reply   
I know I posted about this a while back but I am going to buy a board for the cable very soon and I need some opinions. What are some good cable boards that have good flex, a soft landing, and holds a good edge for kickers?
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-06-2012, 7:22 PM Reply   
Have you shopped around? Every company offers some variation of the characteristics you just described, and you're going to get a million answers. Do some research on your own first, narrow it down to a few boards, then come back and ask for reviews of those few options.
Old     (gregs_place)      Join Date: Sep 2012       12-06-2012, 7:39 PM Reply   
I have narrowed it down to the ronix phoenix project s, liquid force flex, deluxe hybrid, and peak. Any suggestions?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-06-2012, 8:03 PM Reply   
Have you taken a look at the CWB line? There are now 4 different park boards in the line up as well as a park boot
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-06-2012, 8:24 PM Reply   
check out the OBRIEN BAKER, it has flex in the tip, but more rigid in the center, it also has small molded fins for good tracking!
Old     (gregs_place)      Join Date: Sep 2012       12-06-2012, 9:12 PM Reply   
ill check it out jason. thanks for the inputs JB maybe ill see you out at tsr or bsr one of the days
Old     (rmotoxxx711)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-06-2012, 10:51 PM Reply   
Hands down the Union man. Comes in a 138 and 142. Has the slider track system to get you bindings (any bindings) mounted where ever your heart desires. Has some shape to the base instead of being bare naked flat so it lands a tad softer. And obviously it has some flex to it but the number one thing hands down is this thing is super tough, like really really tough (obviously essential for cable).
Perfect example, I was screwing around at Hydrous last year not paying attention and ran into a rail corner of it like a moron. Totally thought I was gonna see the nose completely ubliterated but barely a scratch on. Such a sick board
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       12-08-2012, 10:54 PM Reply   
Watson Hybrid is a solid choice from the Liquid Force line as well. Look into CTRL too, Ive heard great things about the supreme line, and that would fit into the style of boards you have chosen to look at now.
Old     (mikpress33)      Join Date: Mar 2012       12-10-2012, 8:51 AM Reply   
LF watson hybrid, deluxe, or peak are all good choices. Hold up extremely well and have some channels for tracking even when you ride finless. Hyperlite Union is also a very good choice if you're not an LF fan. Heard good things about the obrien baker and paradigm also.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-10-2012, 10:48 AM Reply   
CTRL Supreme is impressive, they made some major changes and the boards will hold up incredibly well.
Old     (cj1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       12-10-2012, 12:15 PM Reply   
i ride the 2012 liquid force flx and i love it. I chose that board over the peak and the delux because the flx is the only board that has a completely flat bottom. The board sits really high in the water and breaks loose really easy. It has a ton of flex, more flex than any other board that ive seen so far. The landings are really soft compared to my friends slingshot and my old hyperlite board. Overall i really like my new flx.
Old     (imondi)      Join Date: Aug 2010       12-11-2012, 12:23 AM Reply   
I just picked up a wakeology LXo. I am headed to Texas next week to spend a week riding cable. I will let you know how it is, but I have heard they are one of the toughest boards out there, good flex, and completely flat bottom!