Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-08-2011, 10:55 PM Reply   
So I was looking at the new line up I had received from inland for 2012. I was wondering if anyone has tried the new V2 models? Especially if they have tried them before the STEPtech and after?

Mark Sher was showing RJ and I the Sweet Spot at the NWOpen and it looked cool, but RJ never got the time to go out and ride it while up there. Was just curious, always love it when boat/board manufacturers are releasing/experimenting with new tech.

Here is the line up:

You can also download the PDF HERE.

Last edited by ragboy; 09-08-2011 at 11:03 PM. Reason: fix embed
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-10-2011, 12:05 PM Reply   
Maybe you can get 1 of each for the Polar Bear event? Or are you not having that this year?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-10-2011, 2:47 PM Reply   
We weren't going to, economy, stuff like that. But CMS said to me recently lets do it, so we are going to pull it together. The date is October 15th, probably at Camp Far West. Tons of demos. Watch wake9.com for details this week. At LEAST 4 boats from 3 manufacturers.
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-10-2011, 8:20 PM Reply   
I will head out from the midwest for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
We weren't going to, economy, stuff like that. But CMS said to me recently lets do it, so we are going to pull it together. The date is October 15th, probably at Camp Far West. Tons of demos. Watch wake9.com for details this week. At LEAST 4 boats from 3 manufacturers.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-12-2011, 12:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
Maybe you can get 1 of each for the Polar Bear event? Or are you not having that this year?
CMS will have the Flyboy, Sweet Spot Pro, Swallow V2, Blue Lake V2, and Red Rocket from Inland Surfer for demo at the shop all the time, and at the Polar Bear event in October. The rest of the boards are not out yet

The Polar Bear demo is going to be awesome! Last year was great.
Old     (slimjim44)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-12-2011, 1:16 PM Reply   
I'm in for Polar Bear.
Old     (mxvet)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-14-2011, 8:10 AM Reply   
Can anyone post or details or link regarding the polar bear event?

BTW, I just picked up a swallow V2 about 1 month ago based on recommendation from Lance @IS. He never even mentioned the flyboy - maybe based on my ability? Not sure which year model (v2) it is but it does have the steps. At first I did not like it, but my first outing was in rougher water. Second time out, I got to feel it out - i like it. Stock fins seemed pretty lose in the rear. Changed to 3 degree fins with little buddies on the inside. Seemed to tighten the rear a bit, but gave more drive. I'm a intermediate rider (6'2 - 180# & medium wake) so take it for whats worth
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-14-2011, 8:38 AM Reply   
I will post link by tomorrow, finalizing a few details.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-14-2011, 10:41 AM Reply   
What!? So we can confirm 5, yes I said 5 boats from 4 manufacturers are committed to the event. Of course, something could happen and change, but I would announce if I didn't think it was for sure.

Our modified 2007 Tige 24Ve, 2012 Tige Z3, 2011 Supreme V226, Centurion Enzo (prob 211), and just added, a Sanger V237, 2011 or 2012.

Dude, my pants are tight.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-14-2011, 6:48 PM Reply   
I'm interested in coming out for the Polar Bear. I have to check schedule and what not but put me down as a strong maybe.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-14-2011, 9:22 PM Reply   
can you really call it a Polar bear event in Cali? Whats it gonna be like, 75 degrees or somethin? Just razzin ya Robert, jealous I can’t make it
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-14-2011, 11:23 PM Reply   
NP, yeah, it won't be that bad. But I am so stoked we are going to have 5 boats there. Its very cool when manufacturers are willing to let people demo in this way, on a level playing field, or at least as level as I can possibly make it. It also always surprises me when you read the feedback from the riders. There are always standout boards or boats, but everyone has their favorites for various reasons. It looks like we are going to do this at Camp Far West this year, since the water is still relatively high, and we can stage from beach. Help keep costs down. Although, I am going to have to buy a couple more go pros and accessories to video from every boat. ;-)
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-15-2011, 2:23 PM Reply   
We will start posting details late tonight, just finished last details.
Old     (bspot5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-15-2011, 3:24 PM Reply   
I hate to jack this polar bear thread but, This inland stuff looks unchanged from 2011?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-15-2011, 3:36 PM Reply   
It does, but that's why I pointed out the new V2 boards with that special tail. Mark Sher showed us the board and the concept, sounded very cool, would love to see how it does on the water. This tailed into the polar bear discussion, which is kinda fit, because I believe CMS will have most or all of the inland lineup there.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-15-2011, 6:00 PM Reply   
Robert, Can you give me a nearest airport/city to research travel opptions? Thanks.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-15-2011, 7:46 PM Reply   
Yes, it will be at Camp Far West Lake, same as the West Coast Open. I will be putting up a page tonight. You fly into SAC, and you can stay here:

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lincoln, 155 Ferrari Ranch Rd., Lincoln, CA 95648

Or another in that area. The lake is a 25 min drive north of that. You can also camp on the lake. You want to be in Friday night, demos start early on Saturday. We will also have "open demo surf" on Sunday, where anyone that stays over can just get more ride time, not as organized. Only about 1/3 of the people stayed over last time, and you can usually drive the boat and get a more personal demo. Cost and stuff will be posted tonight.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-16-2011, 12:51 AM Reply   
Information is up and registration is open for the Wake9/CMS Polar Bear Event:

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...34#post1709034
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-16-2011, 11:07 AM Reply   
Nice - we will be there. My question is, is Grant going to allow demos for those that do not register for the event - like those that bring their ownd boats, etc. We will defintely have the two3two there and probably bring the two2six that we used at the open as well.

At the open he wanted like $40.00 for an hour and I really want to ride the new Sweet Spot Pro!

There is no problem registering, but we will probably have 12 + people and that's going to take up registration room for those who don't have their own surf boats. Anyway looking forward to it!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-16-2011, 11:14 AM Reply   
Well, that is an interesting question. The issue is going to be that during the demo, we are organizing for 40 people, and we can't let the boards out. It is very difficult to organize this. We have to group people together in groups to demo similar boars. And we are going to have to have several boards in each of 4 or 5 boats. When you start to do the math, you can see what a challenge this is.

I know that would probably be doable on Sunday, probably not on Saturday. But we will be meeting in the next couple of days and will see. But my guess is the boards will only be available on saturday with the organized boats, for logistical reasons.

Register early, we have to close registration early enough to then get the demographics and preferences so we can organize the boats, like I said, its challenging, but fun when it all works out.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-16-2011, 5:58 PM Reply   
Register?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-16-2011, 6:22 PM Reply   
You can register at http://wake9.com/polar-bear
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-21-2011, 3:31 PM Reply   
Video with event details and some great pro surfing...

Old     (RayRay)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-21-2011, 7:29 PM Reply   
Great vid!!! Wish I could make it to the polar bear event.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-21-2011, 10:58 PM Reply   
nice video RB!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-21-2011, 11:02 PM Reply   
I wanna come ride with you guys! cool vid.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-22-2011, 9:11 AM Reply   
Come to the polar bear event, it is always a great time to ride. It was a very fun day. Chase was funny, he just layed out in the boat all day in the observers seat under the bimini. All others took turns getting off and going on the pontoon to keep the weight right, not chase. Not because he was selfish or anything, he is such a good teacher, the riders (especially Korina, RJ, Chris, Frank) wanted Chase in the boat. He is SUCH a good teacher. For instance, he gave Korina and RJ a good tip on Airs. He just said, when you go up throw your hands up as you launch, you will go higher. Boom, Korina went 3+ inches higher when she did it. RJ was having trouble slashing/snapping, and so Chase just gets up and stands on the sun deck and shows him what to do. He did that all day. He really knows how to communicate easily what to do, its very cool. So I uploaded a RAW vid that korina took of him giving RJ this tip. The beginning is a bit cut off, buy you get the idea.

Another cool thing that came up with him, Chase told me he really liked the wake. He said the lip really launched him well, but that he also liked all the room in the boat and stuff wanted to know if Tige was looking for surf riders for their team. I didn't know but I have my contacts and hooked Chase and Tige up to meet. Long story short, Chase is now riding for Tige. Pretty cool. Its great to see it started with a liking of the wake.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-25-2011, 10:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
Come to the polar bear event, it is always a great time to ride. It was a very fun day. Chase was funny, he just layed out in the boat all day in the observers seat under the bimini. All others took turns getting off and going on the pontoon to keep the weight right, not chase. Not because he was selfish or anything, he is such a good teacher, the riders (especially Korina, RJ, Chris, Frank) wanted Chase in the boat. He is SUCH a good teacher. For instance, he gave Korina and RJ a good tip on Airs. He just said, when you go up throw your hands up as you launch, you will go higher. Boom, Korina went 3+ inches higher when she did it. RJ was having trouble slashing/snapping, and so Chase just gets up and stands on the sun deck and shows him what to do. He did that all day. He really knows how to communicate easily what to do, its very cool. So I uploaded a RAW vid that korina took of him giving RJ this tip. The beginning is a bit cut off, buy you get the idea.

Another cool thing that came up with him, Chase told me he really liked the wake. He said the lip really launched him well, but that he also liked all the room in the boat and stuff wanted to know if Tige was looking for surf riders for their team. I didn't know but I have my contacts and hooked Chase and Tige up to meet. Long story short, Chase is now riding for Tige. Pretty cool. Its great to see it started with a liking of the wake.
I really would if I could. What are the dates? I am in school in Arizona, don't think I can get out to Northern cali for a weekend unfortunately.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-30-2011, 2:01 AM Reply   
We have updated the board list and added more details. Lots of boards. The Z3 should be here in a couple of days, excited to get it in the water.

http://wake9.com/polar-bear
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-30-2011, 2:07 AM Reply   
Oh, and we finally got a chance to ride the new Sweet Spot Pro. I don't know if its the step tech or what, but the board is fast and fun. For a heavier production board RJ was boosting very well. When RJ gets on a new board, he usually takes a while to adjust, but not this time. He started landing big airs, landed his first surface 3 and then a stall 3. The only real complaint other than he would love to see what it would be like a bit lighter, was the traction is too far forward, needs to be back more. I think RJ is going to be riding more of this board along with his other favorite boards, he liked it that much.

So if you are in the market for a performance board, don't skip the sweet spot. We did before because the first one we rode had a tendency to pearl. This one did not have this problem at all, and was fast and fun.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-30-2011, 2:15 AM Reply   
Here is a picture. It looks a bit funny because it was dark and I lightened up a bit in Aperture. Not quite as high as his Soulcraft, but the Soulcraft is a custom weighing in at 85 oz, and the Sweet Spot is 115 oz.

Sweet Spot Pro 4.8

Soulcraft Jetty 4.10 for reference