Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-22-2008, 8:49 PM Reply   
Man I haven't been out in over a month. How is the Sac River its been looking a little low lately. Anyone hitting anything?
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-22-2008, 9:53 PM Reply   
Gotta watch the ramps at Elkhorn on both Sac and Yolo side's. I have been out the last couple weekends and missed everything so far. I heard the water is around 60. You know those damn Moomba's and no depth/temp gauges to cut cost. LOL Get out and ride already.....
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       10-23-2008, 12:00 AM Reply   
yeah, the water was 64 deg last time i was out (launched sac side Elkhorn..about two weeks ago)..saw some logs, etc floating around. my trailer tires went off of the end of the ramp when we launched and my guide pole cushions floated off too! didn't mess anything up though ..but that was two weeks ago , can't imagine how low the water is now..
Old     (dyer)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-23-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
We launch down at Garcia. We were out last week. The water was 58 deg. Pretty chilly for a heater shirt, but we managed. The water doesn't seem to be moving much down here. It is amazing how crystal clear the water is. You can see down at least 10 feet. There are some snags out there, but nothing too bad. It sure when the river is as quiet as it is now. I think we saw one other rider last time we were out.

On a side note, anyone else seen the guy pulling his sweet jetski with a brand new corvette? I'm a bit of a car guy and I almost shed a tear when I watched him back down a new corvette until the tailpipes were under water to get is seadoo out. Our whole crew was awestruck. To each his own.