Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-03-2011, 1:57 PM Reply   
I got my speakers all hung and they are awesome. Running 4 of the REV 10's on my 2006 Malibu 247 with the Titan III tower. They look awesome and sound even better. They are powered with an Arc Audio 600.2. That gives 300 Watts to each speaker.

The midrange performance is unbelieveable. At the end of the rope, the sound is incredibly full and satisfying. Up close, they sound terrific at lower volumes. I think 'hearing is believing' is the absolute truth here.

Big thanks Tim at Wetsounds. I had a small problem with my order and he made it right immediately. Good customer service is easy when everything goes smoothly, but when things had a hiccup, he rose to the occasion and got me straight immediately.

Thanks to Jim at Speakersox for also helping me get the new speaker covers to protect my babies. The new thicker material feels more durable, but is also breathable, so I can even keep the covers on if I want and the music still sounds the same.

I got my speakers from Andrew at www.automarinecare.com.

I will get some better pics soon, but here is what they look like in the garage:

Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-03-2011, 5:32 PM Reply   
Looks awesome Tall tige/ ...er...malibuguy!
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-03-2011, 10:18 PM Reply   
Nice choice Guy!
Old    mojo            09-04-2011, 9:34 AM Reply   
I've had my pro 80's since they originally came out with speaker sox on, and the speakers look brand new. Nice set up on your boat for sure.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-04-2011, 10:18 AM Reply   
Tim, I think he goes by Tall Tige, Mastercraft, Malibu guy.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-04-2011, 2:30 PM Reply   
When I switched to MC, I realized that keeping Tige around was going to be stoooopid. So on the Malibu and MC websites I went with Tallredrider....since I always loved red and graduated from the University of Utah (school colors are red). Then I bought a black Malibu without so much as a red accent stripe...so obviously, I have some loss of judgement in choosing screen names. The black boat was just the best boat I could find at the time that I was ready to pull the trigger.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-04-2011, 2:42 PM Reply   
how about tallguy...lol!
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-04-2011, 3:48 PM Reply   
Tallriderguy!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-05-2011, 10:11 AM Reply   
How bout Tallguyrider?
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-11-2011, 8:30 PM Reply   
On September 24, we are having a Tige owners reunion at Lake Mead. It was my brainchild originally, so I still invite myself even though I don't have a Tige right now. I talked to a guy who will be there who has 4 XM9's on a Harpoon amp. Looks like we will get a good back to back comparison with the very same source and songs. I am not sure that many have heard both of those setups back to back. Maybe a few dealers, but very few who have heard both setups on the water.

This will likely be interesting.