Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Gogreen8)      Join Date: Jul 2016       06-02-2017, 5:56 AM Reply   
First year on the water with my new to me 2014 Nautique 210. Love the boat but I know there's some improvement to the wakeboarding wake. I'm an intermediate rider at best but have some better riders who will be riding with me often.

My current setup I replaced the pro ballast bags with 850's each side and piggybacked 550 into the bow. Right now I'm filling everything full and riding at 23mpg with the hydro gate up the rope at 70 feet. Like the wake but I'm guessing there's a sweet spot I haven't hit out there.

Curious what others are using(weight, speed, rope length, etc..)

Thanks!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-02-2017, 9:29 AM Reply   
would think more weight up front
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-03-2017, 5:50 AM Reply   
Go back to your factory ballast in the back and try that
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-05-2017, 11:28 AM Reply   
hydrogate should be pulled back towards the rear of the boat. Should be pushed forward when pulling rider up and once your Perfect pass beeps, pull it back towards rear of boat. Just mentioning in case youre not doing this.

need a little more bow weight as well
Old     (Gogreen8)      Join Date: Jul 2016       06-07-2017, 1:19 PM Reply   
I've been confused about the hyrdo gate. I've heard that engaging it mellows the wake and creates less pop. Therefore it's better to be engaged for beginners and then disengaged for above average riders. Do I have that reversed?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-08-2017, 7:55 AM Reply   
works best to get on plane. probably won't make a noticeable difference in the wake. that plate is tiny
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-08-2017, 12:47 PM Reply   
You have it backwards. Pushed forward towards the front of the boat keeps the wake mellow. Pulled back towards the rear of the boat adds the lip to the wake.

The difference is very noticeable.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-08-2017, 1:09 PM Reply   
I'll mention it to my friend who owns one. he didn't have any idea what it did