Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    alanp            02-03-2012, 5:33 PM Reply   
pretty interesting. seems to be an awful lot of smoke with no fire. id like to believe he didnt dope but im not too confident.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-03-2012, 10:16 PM Reply   
Everyone who competes also competes on this plane or they don't compete. Its a game with a number of dimensions.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-04-2012, 12:09 PM Reply   
Years ago I read an srticle by John Ramano on steroids in cycling in which he had interviewed a cyclist trainer (Bulgarian I believe). In the article the trainer said none of his guys that were anywhere near the top of the game were drug free. He claimed that the only way to be competitive was to use EPO and other steroids and detailed some pretty crazy cocktails these guys were taking. He also made mention of a team that was busted with a cooler full of gear trying to cross a border in Europe. I wish I could find it but it was probably 10+ years ago.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-06-2012, 10:07 AM Reply   
And today Contador is busted

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...ry?ft=1&f=1001

His two ban goes back to 2010, so he is out till August this year.
Old    alanp            02-06-2012, 7:24 PM Reply   
im glad about contador i still think when he attacked andy s after his chain dropped was a classless move. i guess andy is the new champ!!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-06-2012, 8:40 PM Reply   
I cant understand when they get busted they always have some lame excuess why they tested positive. Alberto said he ate some Meat and that's why he tested positive. LOL

I cant wait till someone says they tested poistive because they shook hands with Barry Bond's LOL.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-07-2012, 10:30 AM Reply   
Armstrong is not out of the woods yet, the feds were investigating fraud not doping. Wada has requested the investigation file so they can continue the doping investigation. This is how Marion Jones got busted.

It is bad for the sport contador got busted, he is one pf the few GC guys with any balls and doesn't just follow wheels. Boooooo.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-07-2012, 10:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanp View Post
id like to believe he didnt dope but im not too confident.
Pretty sure even his supporters don't believe that anymore, the rumors and innuendo is like a tidal wave. The failed tests for EPO @ TDS in 01 which disappeared after a 150k "donation" to the lab was just the beginning.
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-07-2012, 10:59 AM Reply   
I would like these investigations to wrap up so the sport can move on. It is disappointing that so many "greats" have been implicated in these scandals.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-07-2012, 11:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalrider View Post
I would like these investigations to wrap up so the sport can move on. It is disappointing that so many "greats" have been implicated in these scandals.
Contador was way post-lance, post floyd, post tyler, post Vino, post Rasmussen, post Jan....

These guys don't learn. I wish they'd quit doping!
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-07-2012, 1:47 PM Reply   
So it's just hubris that leads these guys to believe they won't get caught?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-07-2012, 6:34 PM Reply   
I think the odds are still stacked in the dopers favour. I heard an interview with the head of WADA and he said its easy to catch a dopey doper but the smart ones are a lot harder to nail. If Marion "I never failed a drug test" Jones can charge her whole careerer and ends up getting caught through criminal proceedings rather than drug tests it says something.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-07-2012, 10:08 PM Reply   
Interesting article here: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/did-...-s-postal-case
Old     (Anaru)      Join Date: Jan 2012       02-08-2012, 2:04 AM Reply   
The interesting thing is how naive people are to believe that the 'greats' are not doping.
Every now and then there has to be a 'fall guy'. Johnson, Barry, conseco. Even here in aus there is a fall guy here n there in our sports. 1 example I'll give is when Ben Johnson got caught, Karl Lewis got caught too. But he made a 'simple mistake' which was excused and he won gold. Ben Johnson admits to doping, but says he wasn't using what they said he was. Set up so the golden boy wins gold. Fwiw Lewis was using ephedrine, a Precursor to meth.

My point is, it happens more then people want to believe.
I've also read the John Romano Article. I think it's on steroid.com
Or maybe Anthony Roberts talks about it too not sure
Ps Arnold is the poster boy for steroids hahahaha
Old    alanp            02-10-2012, 3:29 PM Reply   
lance is doing an ironman here in panama this weekend. he's running right in front of my apartment. if im not too hungover im gonna go down and try to snap some pics.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-10-2012, 6:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
lance is doing an ironman here in panama this weekend. he's running right in front of my apartment. if im not too hungover im gonna go down and try to snap some pics.
That's a 70.3 (Half Ironman), he is signed up for Ironman France (full 140.6 miles) in June. I'd expect him to be pretty fast tomorrow, would be cool to see him out there. But you never quite know what happens in a 70.3 or 140.6, things go very wrong for many athletes including world class ones.
Old    alanp            02-11-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
true but he did finish 5th last year at the xterra tri champs in the pro division albeit a much shorter event. i read an interview he seems to be most concerned w the run.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-13-2012, 1:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
true but he did finish 5th last year at the xterra tri champs in the pro division albeit a much shorter event. i read an interview he seems to be most concerned w the run.
And not at all concerned with the drug tests.......
http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle1707550.ece

Tweet from 4th place getter, Rasmus Henning @rasmushenning
I thought it was common practice to drug test Top3 and not just random from 4th and down? That was not the case at 70.3 Panama.
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-13-2012, 8:26 AM Reply   
Sounds like a sore loser who forgot that Lance was a triathlete before professional cyclist.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-13-2012, 2:58 PM Reply   
I've never thought Lance Armstrong was drug free and have been basically waiting for the news to break that he isn't and hasn't been in the past. I have a friend with whom I can't even discuss Lance Armstrong because he sees all the smoke but assumes no fire. Guess what? My bet is on FIRE.