Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (boutwell_43)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-11-2009, 11:07 AM Reply   
I just got a SS Response, went from a Ronix One and I love the SS. The flex is amazing, super soft on landings.I like how you can slide it all around but when you edge, it really picks up and gets you there in a hurry. I have had my right knee cut on a few years back, and the flex helps me ride longer without those harsh landings.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-11-2009, 11:41 AM Reply   
BS
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-11-2009, 11:54 AM Reply   
BS indeed. Buy Slingshot!
Old     (boutwell_43)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-11-2009, 12:06 PM Reply   
BS? How is me saying that I like the SS Response and telling about the soft landings BS? Care to explain?
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-11-2009, 12:18 PM Reply   
its not the "soft landings", its the riding longer, but if you have a "bum" knee, ok, i read it that just because you have an ss, you can ride longer.
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-11-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   
Its the truth. SS lands softer. So less stress makes your knee's not hurt so much which in turn makes you wanna ride longer. Kinda like riding behind an old 210 and an new X star. Old 210 makes you feel like you got whacked with a bat after you ride. Same set behind an X star you feel less pain.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-11-2009, 12:32 PM Reply   
no i will stick with my lf, ss cannot make my riding longer
Old     (boutwell_43)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-11-2009, 12:53 PM Reply   
Take it how you want it. I said I switched to the SS Response and I like it. The flex does give me softer landings, therefore not slamming my knee as hard. So by my knee not hurting form taking hard slam after slam, I do get to ride longer. I do not understand how you got that I said I could ride longer because I have a SS out of this. "I have had my right knee cut on a few years back, and the flex helps me ride longer without those HARSH LANDINGS". Just a simple statement about my thoughts on the response.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-11-2009, 1:19 PM Reply   
just read, "and the flex helps me ride longer without those harsh landings"
thats how, sounds like a commercial for ss
Old     (roverjohn)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-11-2009, 1:38 PM Reply   
So what? It sounds like he likes his new board and wants to share.
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-11-2009, 1:58 PM Reply   
Nope....he's not BS'n...I have the Response 142 and don't get tired as quickly compared to non flex. But that is my personal experience. I feel your stoke man best board I have ever ridden, very forgiving with soft landings.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-11-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   
I switched over to SS last year and went to try my old LF PS3 a couple rides ago and could not believe how much more harsh the landings were. I think that may have been my last ride ever on a non-flex board. Flex is not for everyone, but once you get used to it, it is tough to go back.

So yeah I get why people can't help themselves posting about flex. I'm one of them!
Old    wiz            06-11-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   
jo shmoe, get a haircut & learn not to be an ass. why do people have to act like an idiot on here? the guy is stoked about his new board. i agree with him because i have a bum knee & ss allows me to take stuff bigger & ride longer. the reason is because the LANDINGS ARE SOFTER, THUS NOT CAUSING MY KNEE TO HURT. THEREFORE I CAN RIDE LONGER........
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-11-2009, 2:40 PM Reply   
Please don't feed the Trolls!

This has been a PSA from the Internet Safety Board.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       06-11-2009, 3:22 PM Reply   
in my opinion the featureless bottom gives the board more glide across the water. I ride a roam and when every i try a normal board my set is always shorter.
Less drag = less energy from you to ride
the soft landings are just a small benefit to me
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-11-2009, 4:00 PM Reply   
chuck, you got a bum knee too? good thing you ride the ss, still sounds like a damn commercial in here.
hey brian, wisconsin sucks!
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-11-2009, 4:07 PM Reply   
Of course, he's from OHIO!

Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-11-2009, 4:18 PM Reply   
yeah, i would be mad at the world too if I were him.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-11-2009, 4:25 PM Reply   
no steve, i like minnesota, michigan illinois, indiana, and even iowa, it's just that wisconsin sucks
Old    wiz            06-11-2009, 4:41 PM Reply   
to each his own......love what u've got!

jo, i will say i like the look of LF boards better, if that counts for anything.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-11-2009, 4:45 PM Reply   
I frequent this site less and less because of the negativity, and each time it seems to get a little worse. Why the need to rip on each other for voicing personal opinions?
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-11-2009, 4:53 PM Reply   
schooled, tell me what state you are from and i will tell you if it sucks.
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-11-2009, 5:28 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-11-2009, 5:43 PM Reply   
actually, there was no need for any response after yours eyekahn, that was classic, but i hate you too!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-11-2009, 8:21 PM Reply   
^ SS is without a doubt the softest landing board I've ever been on.... I've got a bum knee too.... and its isn't that I can ride longer, but after, it hurts way way way less.

Wisconsin rules.

Jo, are you really a teacher?
Old    Slingshot            06-12-2009, 8:55 AM Reply   
I messed my knee up wakeboarding. I used to ride a 05 Premier. I now ride the Response. The landings are WAYYYYYY softer then my old premier, even my old Murray does not land as soft. There is less drag on my Response verses my Premier, so that probably means I can ride longer...haha! My knee doesn't hurt as much after I ride so thats cool, and going back to my premier...well it feels really weird! Ride what you love, try it all out...lot of boards out there...

Washington Rules!
Old     (wakebums)      Join Date: May 2006       06-12-2009, 12:56 PM Reply   
I have found that I didn't want to belive you guys last year at all about the SS. So this year I decided to buy one off ebay to see how it really was. Needless to say, SS all the way for me now!!! I've been pretty messed up from motocross and the softer landings help out tons on my back and knees... I will never go away from the flex board!! OH yea, it helps me ride longer too..
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-12-2009, 1:16 PM Reply   
ok, ok, i think i have already stated that i missread the initial post, SS response can help YOU RIDE LONGER*
i have not tried it so i really don't know, but i'm not going out and buying one unless i did try it and i liked it, maybe when i'm old and my knees start hurting.
chuck, if i cut my hair, i wouldn't be able to surf, and surfing is cool!
Nick, not really a teacher, just play one on tv.

*if you got bum knees
Old    wiz            06-12-2009, 1:33 PM Reply   
jo---i used to have long hair & it pissed me off to no end when some old would tell me to get a haircut, so now i let it rip every chance i get!!