Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-01-2009, 11:07 AM Reply   
Hey i am heading up north of Minocqua (manitowish waters i believe) from July 4th - 7th. Anybody up that way ride?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-01-2009, 3:04 PM Reply   
If you pass through Rapids I can give you a pull if you would like.... but our lake gets NUTS on weekends let alone this one, but that tuesday on your way home it should have calmed down.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-02-2009, 10:15 AM Reply   
Yeah I know... we call the holidays "amateur weekend" at Lake Wisco.... And it's just that...

How far off 94 is Wis. Rapids?
Old    thebiggmann            07-02-2009, 12:36 PM Reply   
I'm in rhinelander, it's about 45 minutes south of Mani waters. I don't have a great wakeboat, just a dd with sacs. But if you wanna ride i'd be happy to give you a pull
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-02-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
Where I am is like ~15 min of 94.

If you take the Plainfield (hwy 73) exit, its straight West.... not to far, not to near.... there is always the Nordic Cable park too, its about 20 min East of 94 from Plainfield... good way to kill an hour or two
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-03-2009, 6:05 AM Reply   
I hear its gona snow this weekend
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-07-2009, 12:54 PM Reply   
Was up north the week before the fourth....it felt like the snow could have started flying any second. Steady 20+mph winds, rain, couple of days never got to 60 degrees...what a vacation :-(
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-08-2009, 9:56 AM Reply   
Nick... sorry man, all I wanted to do was get home yesterday.....Maybe next time...

BTW with all the inboards I saw up there I would have thought SOMEbody would have been on the forums, but then again, I only saw ONE person wakeboard & he was behind a little outboard fishing boat.... Guess it's more of a status symbol (to have a boat) on the chain in Manotwish, WI
Old    thebiggmann            07-08-2009, 10:23 AM Reply   
Yeah, not a great riding scene up here I don't feel like. I know a few guys in minocqua that ride a lot, one guy in manitowish waters who's dad is just rich so he has an x2 he hardly rides, a fella with a supra v in minocqua that he uses to ski behind, and a fam with a moomba that they board sporadically behind. Granted I don't know a ton of people, but the ones I do mostly don't ride like they could. Lotta booze cruisin up here.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-09-2009, 10:02 AM Reply   
biggs... i missed your ealier post.... maybe next time I am up there.... No worries about having a DD w/ bags (thats what I own)....
Is the X2 blue & white??

If i go next year, I am taking a megaphone & some gas money & going to yell at people to give me a pull....LOL

AND maybe break the no wake rule in the channels... there was a TON of stuff to ollie, slide, & jib in there.....
Old    thebiggmann            07-09-2009, 11:18 AM Reply   
Mmmm I thought it was either black or red. He had an xstar I believe and then went to an x2 or the other way around, don't remember. I think the current one is black. Yeah but fire me a pm if you're up in the area. I'd be happy to pull ya.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-10-2009, 10:02 AM Reply   
I just remember seeing an x2 on a lift in the channel by Spider Lake...

BTW, Little Bohemia is cool stuff....
Old    thebiggmann            07-10-2009, 10:52 AM Reply   
If it was in front of a big log cabin that's the one. Little Bo is for sure a cool place, pretty good food too. How were the fireworks there?
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-13-2009, 10:10 AM Reply   
We didn't see the fireworks there, we saw them at the airport....

I am almost as amped to see Public Enemies as my GF is (I thnk her amp is more Depp then anything...LOL)
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2009, 12:50 PM Reply   
Anyone ride in or near Kohler or Madison? I'll be out for a week, leaving Michigan Thursday. Wouldn't mind getting a set it sometime!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-13-2009, 1:47 PM Reply   
I'm like 1.5 hrs north of Madison.
there is also a system 2 cable like 1.5 hrs north of madison
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-14-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
Roddy.... there are some guys on here out of Madison & Janesville..... They are also on www.midwestwakeboarder.com if you want to track them down...
Old     (aaron_l)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-15-2009, 12:00 PM Reply   
bump...I ride with the guys in Madison and Janesville area quite a bit. Like Forrest said, best way to catch a pull is on www.midwestwakeboarder.com