Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                09-04-2003, 9:13 PM Reply   
I bought my first board a week ago, Im trying to get up on the board and I just cant.

I want to know if the board is supposed to submerge, because before y start when im relaxing in the water y found that it is pretty hard to submerge it.

Please somebody give me some tips.
thanks.
Old                09-04-2003, 9:33 PM Reply   
u dont want the board to be submerged, have u ever seen someone get up on a wakeboard? if not tell us cuz then we can instruct u on the proper method
Old                09-04-2003, 11:22 PM Reply   
Khees bent to your chest, arms straight, butt stays down to your ankles until you plane, board turns, your wakeboarding!
Old                09-06-2003, 10:04 AM Reply   
No I havent seen someone get on a wakeboard I would really apreciate if you can tell me the complete method.
thanks
Old                09-06-2003, 7:29 PM Reply   
THere is another easier way (for me at least) to get up. When the driver pulls out all of the slack, force the board under the water using your legs and pulling on the rope. keep the tip up and holler when you're set and you'll pop up like a hydrofoil kinda
Old                09-08-2003, 8:06 AM Reply   
Ok I will try that, thanks, the problem i see is that my board floats a lot, its really hard to keep it underwater, is this normal??
Old                09-08-2003, 11:39 AM Reply   
you shouldn't have to bother with having it underwater at all... lay on your back and extend your legs just like when you're trying to get up on skis, when the slack comes out of the rope and starts dragging you allow your knees to come up to your chest and have the boat driver speed up real fast right then. It'll pull you out of the water if you hold on and when your standing up all hunched over turn the board and get your balance. The key to getting up, for me, was using the pressure of the water to keep the board balanced.
Old                09-08-2003, 12:51 PM Reply   
You should buy a copy of Detention by Shaun Murray, it starts with the basics like getting up and carving the wake and then it just gets better and better, it is always useful to have a copy of it.
Old     (redhedstepchild)      Join Date: May 2003       09-10-2003, 3:23 PM Reply   
take a deep breath and relax! ok...with the board on your feet and parallel to the back of the boat, ball up with your knees in your chest and your arms around your legs. have the driver simply put it in gear. get used to the way the drag feels. the board will probably be up towards the surface at this point. push it down underneath you like you are standing on land. have the driver speed up a gradually and you'll feel the board rise to the surface. keep the board parallel to the back of the boat until you're all of the way on top of the water and turn the most comfortable foot forward. now.. TEAR IT THE F*** UP!!!