Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-19-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
I am looking at the pioneer 6x9 speakers versus the 6.5" pioneer for inside the boat...is their a huge difference in output?
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-19-2007, 11:16 AM Reply   
6x9 = louder, 6.5" components = cleaner as a general rule of thumb but of course it will depend on the brand/ model. Am am sure their are models of each that go against that.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-19-2007, 11:17 AM Reply   
depends on brand and sensitivity.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-19-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
I could't tell the difference as far as loudness up close, but I did hear the 6.5's better while riding. I ended up going with six 6 3/4 on my tower, and they were great for car audio.

I've since gone to Pro Audio, and couldn't be happier.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-19-2007, 11:27 AM Reply   
I need to read beyond the title.

never mind...
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-21-2007, 9:53 PM Reply   
Most people who have run head to head tests with 4 speakers have gone with 6X9's. Definitely go with some good speakers either way as they will be run VERY hard throughout their life. I have 6X9's, polk momo's with blown tweeters and no they werent cooked with distortion. They should have built them with tweeter protection like some other 6X9's on the market.
Old    bocephus            10-21-2007, 10:40 PM Reply   
My Pioneer REV series 6x9's are great! Cheap and damn near bullet-proof! Much louder than the same REV 6.5's with the same power..
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-21-2007, 11:11 PM Reply   
Bocephus-
Your run four of those in your boat or what? whered you get them at.?
Old     (mlb75)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-22-2007, 2:29 AM Reply   
Like was mentioned above as a general rule a 6x9 will be louder in a true apples to apples test if nothing else because of the larger surface area of the cone but there are lots of variable that could tip the scales in either direction. Best be is to listen to them at an audio shop, you should be able to A/B them fed from the same source and power and see which you like better. What you'll probably notice is that the 6.5 sound a little cleaner (maybe) and the 6x9's will be a little louder and have a little more low end.
Old    bocephus            10-22-2007, 3:03 PM Reply   
I got them on eBay!

Squid hooked me up with the box about two years ago.

Upload

One of the other guys on these boards might actually have this same setup for sale if he didn't sell them already. Find Amestoy on these boards...he upgraded from this setup to wet sounds.

I do have 4 of the REV 6.5's that have never been used still in the box for sale too.

(Message edited by bocephus on October 22, 2007)