Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    wake101            07-17-2004, 3:16 PM Reply   
Just got back from the irvine pro wakeboard tour and had an awesome time. anybody else go?
Old     (w4k3b04rd3r19)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-17-2004, 3:28 PM Reply   
Nah I'm heading out tommrow who qulified for semi's also for the world?
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-17-2004, 4:40 PM Reply   
Gonna be there tomorrow as well
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-17-2004, 4:48 PM Reply   
I had a good time. Will likely go back tomorrow also.
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-17-2004, 4:50 PM Reply   
Will they start doing double ups during the semis and or finals tomorrow?
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-17-2004, 5:40 PM Reply   
Last year I think that they only did them in the finals. not sure tho
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-17-2004, 6:33 PM Reply   
Once again, feeling like a kook - my son's shirt is covered with signatures and I couldn't tell you who half of them are. Wish we could've stayed to watch the wakeskaters.

There were lots of good runs, but when Danny Harf made his run...not sure how you could improve on that run. No fluff, big stuff stomped at the right time. Top shelf.

Parks went last and proved to me (again) why he's so respected: it's kinda like he can beat your full house with a pair. He kills his tricks with magnitude. Noticeable magnitude. Oh yeah, Travis gave him the only DU of the day and Parks wasn't ready.

Such a good sport. The pros are so accessible and super good with the kids. One guy (thought he said his name was Richie, but it wasn't Gonzales) is now my favorite rider. My Brandon walks up to him with Sharpie and new Hyperlite shirt and asks if he could have Parks' autograph. He goes and brings Parks over and then proceeds to send several other riders to sign. Now to find out who he is so I can update the "favorite rider" block in my profile :-)
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-17-2004, 7:26 PM Reply   
Probably Rich Silva. Not a rider, the central coast Hyperlite rep.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-17-2004, 7:39 PM Reply   
It was a loooong day, lots of industry people, lots of catching up with people that we only see at these events. Ricky G had a great run, I liked Shawn Watson, and a kid named Dean Smith KILLED it. I was bummed that Gerry Nunn didn't qualify, he had a great run, but didn't make it through. Loved seeing Jeff Barton and the whole Hyperlite team too, Great day, but man I am burnt out!!Heard some bad news today though, Shaun Murray blew out his knee, and not just part of it, his whole KNEE. OW!! We love you Shaun, feel better soon!
Old     (w4k3b04rd3r19)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-17-2004, 8:33 PM Reply   
What about Zane I called his cellphone but I can't get ahold of it thats the only reason I am going out there tommrow is to watch him and andrew.
Old     (hypoxic_films)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-17-2004, 8:39 PM Reply   
Zane blew out his knee
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-19-2004, 10:26 AM Reply   
Rich Silva wasn't there this weekend, so it couldn't have been him.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-19-2004, 2:25 PM Reply   
Guess we'll just have to keep going to events till we see him again ;-)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-19-2004, 3:01 PM Reply   
I think Trevor Hansen should have won it!!! Way too techincal for a contest run!!