Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-02-2007, 5:35 PM Reply   
Not all of us can drop $60k on a new boat. Lets see your new to you ride for this year.

Here's mine
I'm so stoked on this. Just found it on Friday. Put the deposit on it today, but I'm in Utah and its at Lake Tahoe, so I can't pick it up for three weeks---I'm headed out there then, but I'm severely tempted to take a road trip earlier.

1996 Prostar 205 -----I can't believe I got it for $9,995!
Brand new interior,-Interior not installed yet, but the boat has been shrink wrapped for the winter. EFI engine, dual axel trailer.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-02-2007, 5:37 PM Reply   
You just found yourself a KILLER deal on a killer boat. Throw a tower on that baby, sack it out, and enjoy
Old     (mnwake476)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-02-2007, 5:46 PM Reply   
nice find with ballast and a tower your set
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-02-2007, 5:58 PM Reply   
I had the exact hull you have. My best weight setup was a fat sofa (1300) in the back, 2 300's on each side of the engine (600) and a 700 up the walkway.....about 2600 lbs and it is plush!

Of course you will want to invest in a new prop.

You will ahve a blast with that thing! Enjoy and be safe...
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-02-2007, 6:29 PM Reply   
I'm thinking a titan series I in black....Unless there is a better one, perhaps an acme 543 prop. I'll have to see how much space there is to hide sacs before I plan the ballast system. I can't stop grinning.
Old     (scotthetland)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-02-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
Wow! You did find a killer deal! There was a '98 here in the Twin Cities that was selling for 24k, it's sold now. Congratulations, I'm jealous.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-03-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
So how much room is there in the ski locker and behind the back seat? I don't have the boat yet so now I'm stuck here dreaming about all the fun stuff I get to do to it. Since the ski locker is central I'm considering filling it with sand bags and wondering how many I could squeeze in there.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       04-03-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
Great buy. I would be smiling too if I paid half of what a boat was worth.

Very nice colors too. Sometimes I think the only color they made in the mid 90s was teal.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-03-2007, 9:09 AM Reply   
There is no room behind the back seat
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-03-2007, 9:26 AM Reply   
I can post some pics later when i get home of my old 96 205 with a titan series I. Exact tower I had.
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-03-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
sweet deal. The OJ XMP Edge 14.25x14 is also a popular option for that weight. I just installed mine but haven't gotten to test it yet.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-03-2007, 10:20 AM Reply   
My dad has a '98, killer wake! We also have been known to sink the hell out of it. 600 in the back, 450's on either side & a 600 in the front, bueno. If it were my boat & I planned to sac it out all the time there is a way to get all that ballast hidden. Lead (or steel) plates under the back seat, same hidden in the bow area and in the middle of the boat in the bilge/ice chest area. It wouldn't be too tough and you could have all that weight hidden. If you don't trailer far, it would be ideal.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       04-03-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
nice! howd you find that??
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-03-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
Todd, that would be great, I would love to see some pics.....Also did you put on the titan yourself or did you buy the boat with it. I imagine since it's a very common boat I wouldn't have to do the measurements myself...Anyway, what info can you share on the titan ordering/install/use?

Big, I don't know if I want to tow it all the time fully sunk, but I'm not against a good combo. Also I've seen a few posts where you can put the back seat up to make a larger deck? Anyone done this or know how it works....I did it on the boat in my profile but I had to make the structure out of 2x4's.
Old     (jeffcanary62)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-03-2007, 12:16 PM Reply   
heres my 92, with a series one. Good choice in colors. Only problem if had is i barely have room to fit fusion t's up top, really close fit. Your boat has a wider beam than mine so that shouldn't be a problem. Nice looking boat though

Upload
Upload
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-03-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
Its really easy, you just pull the thing out of its regulare spot and place it on the little ledge there. Its how we roll when the back sac is full. Just don't put anyone over 160 pounds on it as it will fall through. It just sets there and by the grace of God does not fly off. Here's a picture.
Upload
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-03-2007, 12:38 PM Reply   
nice buy! serious deal. it will be a good summer!

rob, once you get the seat set up, put a dime on there like heavy's got. it looks a lot better like that.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-03-2007, 12:42 PM Reply   
Just got lucky finding it. After devoting hours a day to several different online classified I finally just googled MC 205 and happened to find it. I was sure that it would be an old ad or bogus # but it all checks out. Its up at a dealership in Tahoe, my wife is having a baby shower in Sacramento on April 21st so I'll be out there to pick it up.

I'm thinking that while the girls do their thing I can hit Folsom.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-03-2007, 12:44 PM Reply   
congrats on the new.. well, BOTH additions to the fam
Old     (praisinplaya)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-03-2007, 12:54 PM Reply   
wow!! congrats on the INSANE deal! we had that exact boat (same colors and everything) and loved it! so when we decided to trade up we just got an x2 so we could stick with what we feel is the best hull ever. heres a pic of our old 96 ps205. Enjoy your new ride!

Upload
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       04-03-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
good deal here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160101460271&category= 47363&rd=1
Old    mendo247            04-03-2007, 3:07 PM Reply   
nice find!! that looks like a real nice boat... have fun with it..
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-03-2007, 3:25 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload

Different color scheme, but here she is. The old boat...man posting this brings back some memories.

We bought the boat in 97 and it had 50 hrs on it when we bought it. After adding a pole and a fat sack we decided to do some upgrades on it. We purchased the Titan from Wakeside.com, and they were great to work with. When we got the tower, it was somewhat of a pain b/c they sent the wrong front bow and bases. So we had to wait another week to put on the tower.

The install wasn't so bad, just time consuming since we had never done it before. Since then I have been working at the local MC dealership and could prolly do the same install in about 1/3 of the time.

Options that we added were Titan, Titan bimini, PP wb pro, stereo, quick drain system, depth finder, and prop.

The boat is still one of my favorites of all time. Let me know if you have any questions!

Good Luck and have Fun!
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-04-2007, 7:37 AM Reply   
Fouroh, nice find on the tower. That one will be nice. I'm the high bidder, as long as it doesn't go over what a titan would cost I'd be happy with that, plus it's black.

Todd, sweet ride. If only my wife would let me do all the same upgrades. What was the quick drain system? Tell me more. I have lots of time to plan my assault on this puppy once I pick it up. Any room in there for a sub? Where is the stereo located on these?
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-04-2007, 7:47 AM Reply   
Matt, I like the X-star decal, where did you find that?

Also Todd, yours looks sweet all clean like that, did you pull the Mastercraft decal? And what prop did you go with?

Jeff, thanks for the pics.

Heavy, I think I'll put the seat up as well, will make a nice place to hide some weight. I may have to do a little manufacturing cause everyone I know, (except my wife) is over 160.

This is gonna be a long 2.5 weeks till I pick it up.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-04-2007, 7:48 AM Reply   
Well, my wife may be close right now but she is 7 months pregnant. (hope she doesn't read this)
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-04-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
It was definately a project.

The quick drain system was a set of valves in the bilge that when opened drained all the hoses, block, and manifolds quickly. you can find all the parts at lowes or home depot. I bought mine in a kit (way overpriced), but the company that was supplying them went under. A good system though.

As for the stereo, there should be cutouts in the rear combing pads and walkthrough area that are fit for 6.5's i believe. In my old one, I had 2 amps, one for the sub that was located under the dash, and the in boat speakers. The in boat speakers were 6x9's that were in cutouts under the front seats and in boxes that were mounted in the side storage area.

As for the decal, kinda a funny story. Our lift actually tore up the decals when pulling the boat into the slip. So I pulled them off and liked the clean look and never replaced them.Upload
Upload

You can somewhat see the speakers in these pics
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-08-2007, 5:24 PM Reply   
I just won that tower off of ebay, it looks just like the zero flex, but powder coated black. After shipping it will run about $1,500. A little more than the titan----was a hard choice but should look great.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Also found out that it will need new carpet. Not the worst job but just takes time and $.

Lastly, not sure if you saw the post, but that was my car. Time to get a new tow vehicle.
Upload