Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-04-2011, 9:52 AM Reply   
Has anyone installed a black on black seadek pad on there swim platform? This is the only color that matches my boat, unfortunately seadeak says they have shrinkage problems with black and will not warranty it. Wanted to find out if anyone has installed this color and had any issues?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-04-2011, 1:20 PM Reply   
Shrinkage? ha ha... reminds me of the Seinfeld episode.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-04-2011, 3:35 PM Reply   
I have an all black boat and had to replace the original rubber pad that came with the boat. Ended up using their darkest grey with black accent. Looks are growing on me but I don't know how hot it will get or how it will hold up cause I installed it after i pulled it out for winterization just this winter.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-04-2011, 7:51 PM Reply   
I have a Fossil/Tan/Black color combo, and the tan color Seadek sells looks like it would really be an eyesore on the entire swimdeck. Was hoping someone had a season with the all black installed, so far no takers.

I would like to see some facts on how much more heat is generated with black over other colors. They did some research on turnout gear (fire dept) at work, and all black turnouts compared to tan turnouts only produced one more degree of heat in the sun. There was very little to none change in surface temperature.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       01-04-2011, 9:49 PM Reply   
If the black is too hot, it just means you need more ballast to keep the platform underwater. BTW, I love my SeaDek platform pad.