Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-05-2006, 5:01 PM Reply   
I am looking at getting a new board, have demoed the Phase Five Oogle and loved it. My friend has one already though so I was wanting a different board that would give me a simular ride. Has anyone tried the HL Broadcast 4'9"
I am 5'5" 130lb can let go and ride for quite a while, ride up the wake. Would like to do a 360 soon.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm not finding too much info on Wake surf boards.
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-05-2006, 6:07 PM Reply   
Shred Stixx, Shred Stixx any other board is a compromise!
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-05-2006, 6:22 PM Reply   
then how come every world champion to date has all been on a skimboard?
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-05-2006, 6:26 PM Reply   
because there has only been one combined event as far as I know}. Agreed that with a skimboard you can do more or at least different "Tricks". I think that is why there are starting to be two classes surf style and skim style. Judging has been in the past IMO just reflecting tricks and not style.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-05-2006, 6:33 PM Reply   
Well if it was a combined event that means Shred Stix isn't the best overall board doesn't it? and wouldn't that also make them a "compromise" since you admit they aren't the best option for tricks.

This year the "surfstyle" will be won by someone riding a "hybrid". No rules about twinfin skimboards in the surfstyle category is there?

*Jerry- don't take this as an attack on your boards as I know that they are amazing rides but I strongly believe Tom has no grounds to make such a claim and is more then a little biased.

(Message edited by CAskimmer on July 05, 2006)

Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-05-2006, 6:53 PM Reply   
Sean, I agree that I am biased about the choice in boards! Surf style rocks!! After all it is wakesurfing and not wakeskimming. Get him Jerry!!

I was planning on getting a skimboard as well to mix up the fun, so maybe your right Sean (maybe)! I just noted the CAskimmer-so you are biased as well.
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-05-2006, 6:57 PM Reply   
Sean by the way, do you make bags for the shredd stixx? I have the Ja Mako.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-05-2006, 7:04 PM Reply   
Sure do. I make bags all the way up to longboard sizes.

and yes I am very good friends with 3 different skim manufacturers (and have spent the last 21 months filming a skim DVD) so I definitely have a biased opinion. (but I also surf)

Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-05-2006, 8:24 PM Reply   
Sean what are all the riders you have been filming riding? I'm having trouble finding good info. Not too many shops want to demo here, you can buy, try and trade but the shops don't carry all the boards I want to try (Plus the demo places seem to have higher prices as well) so basically I have been trying friends boards.