Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-19-2004, 2:01 PM Reply   
I was wondering if anyone had any diagrams or plans for a drivers side kick panel sub box to fit a 2000 X-Star? Either for one 10" or 12" sub or two 10" subs.

I did search for this topic, but could not find any actual plans or dimensions.

Thanks in advance.
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-20-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
Here's a pic of mine without the cover.

Sub

It's real tight. Heater core and other items had to be relocated. It's built to specs and hits like a son of a gun.

Also, it doesn't sit on the ground. It's slightly elevated in case water comes in over the bow or if the core bursts again.
Old     (gizel)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-20-2004, 8:59 AM Reply   
I don't have any plans either but here are the pictures of the box in and out of the boat

Old     (gizel)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-20-2004, 8:59 AM Reply   
I don't have any plans either but here are the pictures of the box in and out of the boat

Old     (dfred)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-21-2004, 6:37 AM Reply   
stewart,
where was the PP and other electrical that is on the stock sub wall relocated to?
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-21-2004, 5:18 PM Reply   
Nice pics guys. Thanks for the help.
Old     (loux2)      Join Date: May 2004       05-22-2004, 5:08 PM Reply   
I have electrical and my PP mounted to the stock sub wall as well. Has anyone had this issue? Do you simply mount the PP somewhere else?
Old     (gizel)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-22-2004, 7:09 PM Reply   
I moved my PP to the wall on the left side of the drivers Kick and the ECT control behind the wall on the right. No problems what so ever.
Old     (loux2)      Join Date: May 2004       05-24-2004, 1:00 PM Reply   
Where did you get the matching carpet?
Did you make a new drivers kick?
Old     (gizel)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-26-2004, 7:11 AM Reply   
I bought the Carpet at Palo Alto upholstry, and I made a new kick the exact same size as the old one.
Old     (loux2)      Join Date: May 2004       06-08-2004, 4:47 PM Reply   
Matt,
It looks like you constructed your box first out of MDF (including the face), then mounted it to your kick plate. Did you cut a hole in the kick plate so when the box with sub cover could then be mounted to the kick plate? This way your sub woofer is mounted in your MDF box then the sub cover is mounted to your MDF box then the entire unit is mounted to the kick plate. The kick plate is in no way part of the structure of the speaker box. If so, did you put something to keep the box from vibrating against the sub plate?
More pictures would be greatly appreciated.
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-09-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
Louis,

One thing I can tell you is that nothing rattles. I have no idea what a kick plate is so I can't answer your question. I recently changed the cover. Her's a new pic. The black plastic cover just hides the box. It replaces the carpeted panel that the stock free standing sub attached to. Just for looks.

New Sub Cover
Old     (loux2)      Join Date: May 2004       06-09-2004, 1:28 PM Reply   
thank you Matt, looks great!