Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    tkdhav            08-09-2004, 1:22 PM Reply   
I’m sort of curious about boarding in the south. My mother lives in Venice, FL and keeps trying to get me to move down there. One thing is I own a construction Co and don’t know If I could take that summer heat and the other is I love wakeboarding, it would be nice to be down there with the warmer weather I could board all year long. However up hear in Michigan, the worst thing we have to worry about biting us is a leach. Down there I think I would be a worse (lol) every thing in the water down there has sharp teeth and I like my rear the way it is I don’t want a reduction. Has anyone ever been bite by anything down there?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-09-2004, 1:39 PM Reply   
venice is known for the shark teeth that wash up on the beach
Old     (wakeboardwade)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-09-2004, 2:04 PM Reply   
nah its not a real big theat just stay in lakes
Old    tkdhav            08-09-2004, 2:12 PM Reply   
In the lakes don’t you have alligators and such in the lakes?

yes there are a lot of shark teeth down there in Venice, I have a lot to show for it.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-09-2004, 2:23 PM Reply   
a couple weeks ago a lady got attacked by a gator. she ended up dying. of course she was trimming shrubbery and not wakeboarding. gators are generally afraid of boats, unless you feed them.
Old     (mosdefn14)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-09-2004, 3:39 PM Reply   
i would be more worreid about the alligator gar than the real alligators those things look sick
Old     (512boarder)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-09-2004, 4:03 PM Reply   
theres nothin in the water here in texas that bites you. that sucks that you have to worry about leeches and gators
Old    tkdhav            08-09-2004, 4:24 PM Reply   
I thought Texas had croc's or gators and snakes

That’s one nice thing here in Michigan you can let your kids walk in the woods or play in the water and the only thing you have to worry about is other humans.............(that’s sort of sad, that you have to worry about people)
Old     (mosdefn14)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-09-2004, 4:31 PM Reply   
i've never seen a croc or gator in texas either...a couple snakes at rivers and stuff sometimes...infact there was one at a tournament a couple weeks ago...they're scared though (i think/hope)
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-10-2004, 3:12 AM Reply   
No way man, I hate gators!!! You can't tell me that a 10 or 12 foot gator won't take a bite out of a 100-200 lb human. I saw a pic of one carrying a 160 lb deer the other day. I'm pretty sure that deer is alot stronger and faster than me. I'll wakeboard with snakes but f some gators. Oh wait, I'm wakeboarding with gators next weekend...anything to ride!!!
Old     (jimr)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-10-2004, 4:54 AM Reply   
http://www.uga.edu/srelherp/ecoview/Eco41.htm
Old    tkdhav            08-10-2004, 5:10 AM Reply   
I don’t know if that article mad me feel any better or not I'm not necessarily worried about what is on the surface but what I can't see underneath me.
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-10-2004, 12:50 PM Reply   
Yeah, with my luck I'd fall all up in the nest with tha babies!!!
Old    tkdhav            08-10-2004, 1:13 PM Reply   
It can't be that big of a deal, since there are so many of the pros that are from FL