Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-07-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
I am heading to the San Jose area July 24-28th. Is there anywhere to ride out there? Anyone riding?
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-07-2008, 11:59 AM Reply   
Anderson lake, buts its small and very buisy. If you get a chance have someone take you to the Delta, about 40 min out of SJ. Some of the best riding you will every find anywear
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-07-2008, 1:03 PM Reply   
I second the delta, but it takes a bit longer to get there, especially during commute hours.

I suggest the "find a third" section of this forum. It works especially well if you can ride mid-week.

Rod
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-08-2008, 9:30 AM Reply   
What direction is the delta from San Jose?
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-08-2008, 9:35 AM Reply   
north east.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-08-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
Derek, I sent you a pm.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-08-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
From San Jose:

Take 680 north, about 25 miles, then 580 East.

Directions vary from here depending on where you are going and your favorite route.

For Discovery Bay or Orwood I would exit 580 in Livermore, take Vasco Road north to Camino Diablo east, then Byron Hwy north to Hwy 4.

For Whiskey Slu, Tiki Lagun, Turner Cut I would contine east on 580, up and over the hill, take the 205 east split. Exit 205 in Tracy on Tracy BLVD, north. Go about 10 miles to the end, turn right on Hwy 4. Go about two miles, left on Trapper Road. From here you need to study the map....

There are a bunch of other places. You may want to go to Stockton, take I-5 north a bit then Hwy 12 to get to Tower Park. A bit farther north on I-5 to Turner road to get to Whimpy's.

Lot's of choices.

Figure 90 minutes to get to Discovery Bay during non-commute times.

Rod
Old     (deltaratmike)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-10-2008, 10:33 PM Reply   
ya anderson is pretty good and calero is out there but its kinda crowded towards noon on the weekends but during the week its butter. you can catch me out there during the weekends. sunday behind a black and white mastercraft x-9. it says mastercraft in a gothic type font tho. only boat out there with it and we are there when its butter but split around 11 to 12. if ur there and see me holler at me
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-11-2008, 11:44 AM Reply   
Be warned that the lakes around San Jose are attempting to keep the quagga mussel out and are inspecting boats before they can launch and turning boats away that have any water in them. Starting in May they have taken a really aggressive approach with inspections.

I have heard that the inspection proceedures have made launching a long ordeal. I would also suspect that having ballast tanks is going to be a major problem as there is no way to get the tanks dry or even inspect them properly.

Rod
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-11-2008, 1:14 PM Reply   
Rod is dead on, I would just stop going to santa clara county lakes. We failed b/c of our ballast tanks.
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-14-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone hopefully I'll get to meet some you guys out there
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       07-14-2008, 9:08 AM Reply   
If interested Derek, I am out at Anderson twice a week, sometimes more. Boat passed (finally), so I stay in the Santa Clara lakes. No waiting. Weekends are too busy, early morning and between 1pm and 4pm are the best times during the week.
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-15-2008, 7:44 AM Reply   
wickedwakes...where is Anderson?
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-15-2008, 9:06 AM Reply   
Derek, if your interested in getting some instruction while you are out here check out Derek Cook's school (through Anderson Lake). You can see the full on "west coast" style riding too!

http://www.southbaywakeboardacademy.com/
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       07-15-2008, 3:58 PM Reply   
Anderson is about 30 minutes south of downtown San Jose. Small lake, but nothing beats it on a calm day, midweek and early. No one on the water.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-15-2008, 4:01 PM Reply   
Yeah you just need to find a day whern there is no wind on Anderson. Good luck. It's usually over with by 11:00.
Old     (deltaratmike)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-21-2008, 7:43 PM Reply   
its easy to pass inspection. just drain everything and make sure your coolers and bilge is dry. all they look for. all of our sacs were in the boat and a couple were filled and we just told them they were from the local lakes and they let us on