Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old    petere            01-31-2003, 1:12 AM Reply   
Hi

I like wakeboarding very much, now I want to buy an other boat, but, what
can I best buy. I almost run the boat in a river (not on a lake), so a lot
of time there are waves of other boats. I wanted to buy a Mastercraft of
Malibu, but other people told me that this will be difficult when there are
a lot of waves. Who can give me some advice

Are there people who has experience with Osprey boats and wakeboarding ?

Best regards
Pe
Old    hockeyruss            01-31-2003, 7:44 AM Reply   
I have a Malibu, and although I use it mostly on a lake, but have put it in the ocean a couple of times. I would go with a V-drive for the waves, with what ever you buy, most have higher bows. I would stay away from Calabria and Centurian, cause they have real low bows from what I have seen. Good Luck
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-31-2003, 8:13 AM Reply   
What about Clobberya, thems fighting words
Old     (partyb)      Join Date: Dec 2001       01-31-2003, 11:17 AM Reply   
I have a 1997 MC 205D which i used to keep in NY in a bay, which not only has waves from other boats, boats up to like 40 foot, but also actual waves, like a heavy chop and small craft advisories, etc. Tournament style inboard ski/board boats are not really made for this type of use but mine actually did okay. I recommend one of the bigger boats, 20-22 feet. The smaller 19's will be unsafe in rough water. I just used to go slow when the water was rough. You will lose a kidney if you fast in an inboard over rough water. If all you are worried about is other wakes, you should have absolutely no problem.
Old    cal_air            01-31-2003, 12:42 PM Reply   
Only the inboard Calabria has a low bow nose. There isn't any problems with the V-Drive bow and Plus it's the biggest and roomiest V-Drive on the market from what I've seen.

(Message edited by cal_air on January 31, 2003)
Old    para            02-04-2003, 5:59 PM Reply   
My Super Air Nautique handles wake very well. It isn't wimpy wake, Lake Huron can make some huge wake!!!