Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                06-11-2005, 7:44 PM Reply   
i cut out REAAALLY far, cut back in REAALLY hard and i do like my normal tantrum but i turn a lil more away from the boat, throw my arm across my face, turn my head and my shoulders away from the boat to initiate the spin! and then it doesnt spin....i just do a weird off axis sidewayzy tantrum, what am i doin wrong here? ive read everything and i tried them like 10 times but same thing happens everytime, please help
Old                06-18-2005, 8:49 AM Reply   
Cutting in really hard is the worst thing you can do. Cut out far but cut in more mellow and pop straight up and just go w2w.If you cut in really hard you can't get the handle where it needs to be.
Old                06-18-2005, 5:27 PM Reply   
Yea cutting in really hard isn't the way to do it, you want to cut in kinda slow because the way you throw the trick it should send you straight up. But cut in normal, don't think too much, cuz i think that might be your problem. I think you are making it alot harder than it has to be ill tell you what to do and it might seem alot or hard but it isn't as difficult as it may seem. And cut into the trick with confidence like your going to land it, that makes a difference.

When you hit the wake don't try to think to much on going straight up and doing everything because if you cut in right and go off the wake correctly everything else kind of just happens so you don't necessarily need to conentrate on every little thing just the main things.
Anyway, hit the wake and your speed should also help you go straight up and get height if you cut in right, then throw your arm across your face. When I do it, alot of the time I don't really know where I am but I think thats normal and alot of the time and when you first are trying it, it seems like you didn't go high enough so you let go, don't do that. Keep holding on to the handle people would be really surprised on the amount of stuff they could actually pull through if they just hold on, even if it feels like they are going to fall. And some times or at least for me it doesn't even seem like I really threw my arm across my face, it almost feels like I just threw it up alittle. But don't let that up, it will spin you and then just either look for your landing but if you can't spot it just make sure your ready to land, like be balanced and be anticipating absorbing the landing and even if you don't spot the landing if you are ready for the landing you should be fine specially if your landing on the wake cuz its so smooth, cuz half the time I honestly don't spot the landing till right before I land.

Sorry if I typed a but i dunno whatever if you need anything else lemme know.

And watch how other people do it go watch a video and play it in slow motion, this helps alot I have learned or taught myself everything I know mostly from videos.

And remember don't make it harder than it has to be, don't play mindgames with yourself and go into the trick like you can land it.
Oh well good luck. Hope this helps :/
Old                09-04-2005, 6:31 PM Reply   
yea, now im cutting in mellower and not as hard, standing tall at the wake but throw my head/shoulders and my arm above my head across my face, but that doesnt initiate the spin, i have to use my legs alot to spin me around, is that normal? or do you just throw your arm across your face and that spins you right around? or do you actually use your legs to initiate most if not all the spin, cause thats what im having to do