Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (chane)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-14-2005, 9:38 AM Reply   
Did a search and found a few old posts.. Who has been recently and can tell me what equip/boat they currently have?

Going to Beaches - Negril in Feb.. Website states "Our waterskiing features the best Mastercraft ski boats.."?

(Message edited by chane on January 14, 2005)
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-14-2005, 9:43 AM Reply   
I'm going to Sandals Negril in April. I was wondering the same thing!! Chane, you getting married there?
Old     (chane)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-14-2005, 9:46 AM Reply   
Already married.. Going on company trip w/a large group.
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-14-2005, 10:04 AM Reply   
Scott was there and did some boarding this last August. SHERMAN??? Can you enlighten this soul??

PS, Jamaica is awesome. I haven't boarded there, but the mountain biking is awesome, as well as the snorkeling, if you can find the protected coves.
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-14-2005, 1:06 PM Reply   
Dam, what company do u work for????ha
Old     (fifitrixabelle)      Join Date: May 2004       01-14-2005, 2:12 PM Reply   
I am going to sandals in April too!!! Getting married there!!
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-14-2005, 4:15 PM Reply   
when in April fifi? Sandals Negril??
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-14-2005, 5:23 PM Reply   
We went to sandals dunns river in aug. Thay had one wakeboard obrian 142. it was brand new no tower but who cares. We had a blast I did 3 runs a day. I want to go back soon it was so much fun
Old     (jorellz)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-14-2005, 5:28 PM Reply   
Chane,
Thats too bad our company tried way to late and we couldn't get into Beaches Negril, or else we would have been there in Feb as well ( 10th -15th )
It would have been good to have a group to book the boat with! lol
When are you going? As well we may still end up close. Are you taking your board?
Old     (chane)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-14-2005, 7:45 PM Reply   
Yeah I guess we beat you to it.. We are there the same time. Also valentines has everything booked that weekend.

Scott, how do I get to "sandals dunns river" from Beaches? How was the water?
Old     (chane)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-14-2005, 7:56 PM Reply   
We are thinking about bringing a community board, rope and a couple of jackets.. Not sure want Continental is going to say about my snowboard going to Jamaica. They charge $80 each way for Surfboards, wakeboards and Kite Boards. Send me an email if you end up going.
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-14-2005, 11:45 PM Reply   
Beaches is part of sandles resorts. I know if you are staying at a sandles you can use the other resorts toys. But as for beaches using sandles I dont know. The water was great flat no swell my only prolbem I had was watching the bottom going by I dont know how many times I almost wiped out. The water was so clear. You are going to have a great time
Old     (fifitrixabelle)      Join Date: May 2004       01-15-2005, 11:06 AM Reply   
Jim- We are flying out apr 15th, getting married monday the 18th, Ochos Rios... When for you?
Old     (chane)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-15-2005, 2:06 PM Reply   
Scott, did they have a decent driver or will they let us drive?
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-15-2005, 5:57 PM Reply   
We are flying out the 27th, getting married the 29th(April). So I SHOULD take my board?? I don't know if it will be worth keeping up with. I'd hate to tote it down there and be able to ride. But then again it's better to have and not need than need and not have, huh?
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-15-2005, 5:57 PM Reply   
Oh, and can you learn how to kiteboard there??
Old     (fifitrixabelle)      Join Date: May 2004       01-15-2005, 6:19 PM Reply   
I am sure that the airlines will find a way to charge you for your board... If I were you I would just use the boards they have on site. Too bad you are going later than us. We have 4 wakeboarders going:-) When we get back well let you know the scoop though.
Old     (highrider)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-16-2005, 11:40 AM Reply   
would it be cheaper to fed ex your board to the resorts concierge? The concierges at Beaches resorts are very very accomodating in my experiences in Turks and Caicos.

Maybe you could also send yourself another box that includes a couple fat sacs for thier ski boats...}
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-16-2005, 3:40 PM Reply   
Yeah probably highrider! Good idea!!
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-16-2005, 6:55 PM Reply   
When we go back Im going to take my own board. As for the driver he was ok but remember no tower. Also bring your own rope and handle
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-18-2005, 11:51 AM Reply   
my wife and I boarded at Sandals, Montego Bay. boat was nice, no tower or anything, but it was a mastercraft. they would not shorten the rope for me, the board was like an obrien, 142 with XL bindings. (way too big for me) and the driver was crappy. we only took one run, cuz it was so bad. that was my experience. if you plan on taking numerous runs, bring your own gear. but I would call ahead and make sure they allow that many runs.