Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (angrygolucky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-21-2006, 3:11 AM Reply   
I'm trying to get an idea of models and functionality for wakeboarding/skiing/tubing, V-drive, something that handles well in rough water too.... I know, seems like i want my cake and eat it too but there's gotta be something that'll fit the bill... Moomba?? Sanger?? Any others/models??
Thanks!!!
Angry Mike
Old    walt            06-21-2006, 4:36 AM Reply   
IMHO you already got it...Sanger or Moomba.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-21-2006, 6:27 AM Reply   
You could find a left over Centurion Lightning or Cyclone in that price range. Excellent in rough water!
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-21-2006, 6:48 AM Reply   
'06 Centurion Elite C4 Vdrive AirWarrior is under 40k.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-21-2006, 6:52 AM Reply   
Yeah a modestly equiped 06 Cyclone or Lighning C4 would come in a bit under 40k Even cheaper is the Air warrior versions

(Message edited by krbaugh on June 21, 2006)
Old     (kslakebum)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-21-2006, 6:57 AM Reply   
Mike - Not sure where you live, but take some time to look into everything inside & out to make sure you are getting your $$$ worth. Then test drive and ride!!!
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-21-2006, 6:58 AM Reply   
Always great advice!
Old    phx450            06-21-2006, 7:37 AM Reply   
Paid 28k out the door for my moomba outback in 04. Racks,Stereo,tower. I think the V-drive is a couple grand more. Works great....Although I have grown up and want a bigger toy!
Old     (angrygolucky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-21-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
Cool advice.... I'm hesitant on the centurion only because I'm thinking if I have a decent size engine in it I'd want a fuel tank closer to 40gal ( preferably larger)...
Thanks for the responses!!
Any others at all?
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-21-2006, 10:34 AM Reply   
A used nautique :-)
Old     (jdub)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-21-2006, 12:54 PM Reply   
Love my 05' Sanger V-230! But barely under $40k.
-50 gallon tank has been an unknown blessing, as I never buy marina gas anymore, and is a great 4th ballast tank!
-more comfortable than Centurion, and I didn't like the sound of Centurions side swipe exhaust.(obviously just my op)
-Been seeing lots of good about Moomba, but they weren't sold in my area and are still getting over a poor initial reputation. (my op again)
No complaints about my Sanger though! And yes, I'm the type that would say so.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-21-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
Moomba LSV, or Sanger V-210. Both are great boats.

I'd lean towards the Sanger if you want a nice ski wake when unloaded. I'd lean towards the LSV if you want roominess in the boat.

Both put out great wakes and are awesome bang for your buck boats.
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-21-2006, 3:33 PM Reply   
I have a Centurion Elite VC4. Gas tank is 38 gallons btw. Very happy with it being our first wake boat.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-21-2006, 4:19 PM Reply   
With the Avalanche you can add a Second Gas tank in place of the Center Ballast
Old     (mattyboyr6)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-21-2006, 5:44 PM Reply   
I don't know about the sangers ski wake unweighted. I ride in a v210 often and even unweighted it throws a great shaped and decent sized wake for wakeboarding.
Old     (angrygolucky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-22-2006, 10:31 PM Reply   
Red, According to Centurions web site the Gas tank is 32gal..

Cliff, I want both actually but I'm sure some of it will also depend on dealers and service in the area.. good to know about both those boats!

Jordan ( and Cliff ) Maybe a Sanger 215 would be the one for me?? Where are you hearing a poor rep for moomba?

Thanks for all the feedback!!
Old     (angrygolucky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-22-2006, 10:53 PM Reply   
And one other question.... do any of these type boats handle well with chop???
Old    toolman            06-23-2006, 3:24 AM Reply   
Maybe a Sanger 215 would be the one for me??

do any of these type boats handle well with chop

I hope you don't have false teeth.

Find a TIGE
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-23-2006, 5:46 AM Reply   
Get a one or two year old Mastercraft, Nautique, or Malibu. There is nothing wrong with a boat with hours on it as long as it been taken care of, and a one or two year old boat will already have taken the biggest depreciation hit. Look for a X-Star/X2, 210, or a VLX. Whenever you look to sell your boat, you will be happy
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-23-2006, 6:15 AM Reply   
The Centurions Sangers and Tiges Excell in rough water.
Centurions web site says 36 Gal
I know I have put 38 in my Cyclone http://www.centurionboats.com/boats/cyclone_c4.html
http://www.centurionboats.com/boats/lightning_c4.html
Old    bigrich            06-23-2006, 7:27 AM Reply   
Jordan you got an 05 v230 for under 40k?? Did I get ripped off. I just bought an 06 V215 for 50k.
It has every option available except shower and heater plus 4k stereo and extended warranty. Any thoughts.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-23-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
We have a Sanger V215 and absolutely LOVE it. It handles great in rough water and has a pretty good wake weighted or not. It's very comfy to hang out in. In fact I prefer it to the V210 and to an extent the V230.

The other side of Sanger is the great customer service. Since Sanger is a small company, you can really get support if you need it and will never be lost in the shuffle. They take good care of their owners.

I have never heard of someone being disappointed with their Sanger.
Upload
Upload
Old    bigrich            06-23-2006, 10:28 AM Reply   
Dont get me wrong I love the boat and have only had a few minor issues which got repaired at the first service but just hearing what other people paid I was wondering whether I got taken.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-23-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
Renee-
Are you talking about good customer service via corp. Sanger or your local dealer ?

Rich-
I think prices stated here are sometimes embellished or are not out the door total cost. However 50k for Sanger v215 is more $ than I have heard anybody paying before.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-23-2006, 10:54 AM Reply   
JTW - I'm talking about Corporate Sanger. They are great people to work with.

Our local dealer sucks for service issues. In fact we now take our boat to a dealer in the Delta area for service.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-23-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
Renee-I suspected you were talking corporate Sanger. My Sanger is out of warranty now so no need to go to the dealer so my minor issues go to a local marine shop in San Jose.
Old    bigrich            06-23-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
Oh well looks like there's a sucker born every minute (talking about myself of course). I even let the sales guy talk me into beleiving I was saving 5k by locking in at the boat show. I don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon so hopefully my "investment" will pay off in the form of many years of fun. To all looking to buy a boat research,research,research.
Old    bigrich            06-23-2006, 11:11 AM Reply   
Also I did have to go over the dealers head and talk to corporate about getting my fiberglass swimstep that has been owed to me for almost three months now. Corporate assured me it would be here in the next few days. Would you share the name of the other dealer that you use in case I decide to try them out if my guys keep dropping the ball.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-23-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
In our area I think you have either Central Valley Marine or a little further out is Tracy Marine. Once your out of warranty there are a number of good local marine shops to choose from. Not excited about either.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-23-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
I would not take prices given on the internet as fact. Options add up very quicklly if you indead got all the options plus a 4k stereo I could see how out the door you could get to 50k. You can not compare your price to anyone elses without all the facts!

(Message edited by krbaugh on June 23, 2006)
Old    bigrich            06-23-2006, 11:25 AM Reply   
Thanks Kevin I think I feel better now.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-23-2006, 11:27 AM Reply   
Rich, who is your dealer and who did you talk to at corporate?

We bought our boat at the Pleasanton Boat show in March 04... the dealer ended up being CV Marine in San Jose. We live in Sac so it's too far away for us to go for work. You don't HAVE to go to your dealer for warranty work. As long as your mechanic will accept the lower warranty rate, they can do the job (and they are certified to work on your engine). The bad thing is, not many dealers want to do warranty work on a boat that wasn't bought through them.

The local dealer in Sac sucks so bad, we now take our boat to Delta Sport Boats in Brentwood. We have been very happy with them.
Old    bigrich            06-23-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
I bought the boat from Tracy Boats and also locked in at the Pleasanton Boat show this year. I have been dealing with Carl from Kal Kustom who is the distributor for Sanger,Centurion, and Supreme. When I took my boat in for the 20 hour service i had notified them of a few issues well in advance and actually took pictures and personally dropped them off there so any needed parts could be ordered ahead of time. Two days before I was supposed to pick up my boat i had not heard from anybody so I decided to call to check on progress. They told me that my boat had not been touched after 4 days. When i questioned them they t basically told me tough luck they were too busy because they had sold a lot of boats that week. This pissed me off and thats when I decided to call Carl. Carl actually called back a truck that was delivering boats to Tracy so he could put my parts on the truck and have them delivered at the same time. Apparently even due to my advance planning the boat shop had not ordered any parts needed. Carl is the man and he gets the job done.
Old     (tbonus)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-23-2006, 11:59 AM Reply   
IMO the only way to tell weather you are getting a good deal or not is what percentage discount off of MSRP are you paying.

10% off - Salesman is happy

15% off - Salesman still smiling and so are you (for me this is my min target whenever buying a luxury toy)

20% off - Salesman sold a boat but did not make much money, you are smiling ear to ear. (this is my true target)

25% off - Salesman gave the boat away, take care of the boat and you can sell it for what you paid for it one year later. (to get here you will have to take what the dealer has and the one he wants you to take. You won't special order at this discount)
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-23-2006, 12:02 PM Reply   
Rich--
I have also heard of good things about Carl from Kal Custom. If not too much trouble,can you PM me his contact info ?
Old    bigrich            06-23-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
Mine was special order. Of course wouldnt you know it was delivered right in the middle of all that rain we had a few months back so I just got to look at it under its tarp for about a month. It did give me time to familiarize myself with the boat since this is my first competition style v-drive. Otherwise I would have just put it in the water and figured it out from there.
Old    bigrich            06-23-2006, 12:09 PM Reply   
Sorry I am kind of an idiot when it comes to computers. Who am I kidding I am a complete idiot when it comes to computers. Do you think there would be a problem with posting it here for everybody who needs it?
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-23-2006, 12:12 PM Reply   
Rich--
Carl might not appreciate that. My email is wardj@hdcco.com

Thanks Rich
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-23-2006, 12:13 PM Reply   
Do not post it here. They will get inundated with calls from every guy who want's something, not people who really need them.
Old    bigrich            06-23-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
OK got it now I told you I was an idiot
Old     (pf728)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-24-2006, 6:47 AM Reply   
Get a mastercraft x1. You have to negotiate a litle.
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       06-24-2006, 8:03 AM Reply   
I have a supreme V208. It is a great rough water boat. It has a 52 gallon fuel tank. Kal Custom just bought Supreme either early this year or late last year. I love the boat. I think for the money, it's a great choice.
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-25-2006, 7:37 AM Reply   
Mike I replied to your PM. Check you email.
Old     (dmkhnr)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-25-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
Check out my profile pic.
This is like new, and on the low side of your price range with warranty, loaded up!! Payment is $330 per month for 12 yrs.
Old     (supreme_rob)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-26-2006, 4:07 PM Reply   
Another happy supreme owner brand new out the door for about 34k- check out my profile pic
Old     (angrygolucky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-26-2006, 6:15 PM Reply   
Many people are really backing Supreme and Sanger!! Thanks for all the opinions!! Keep em coming if you like!!
Old    wkboardin            06-26-2006, 8:26 PM Reply   
We bought a 1997 Sanger DXII and loved it, we sold it for $1k less than we paid for it 3 years later. Turned around and bought a 2001 V210.

Sanger makes a great boat for the price. I live in Discovery Bay and most of the boats here are Sanger or Master Craft. Master Craft makes a great boat, but way too expensive.