Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                07-26-2005, 10:24 AM Reply   
SO I CAN GET UP SWITCH AND THEN RIDE OUT TO EITHER SIDE OF THE WAKE BUT ONCE I START COMING BACK IN TOWARDS THE WAKE I GET KICKED BACK INTO MY NORMAL RIDING STANCE (CREATING A BUTTER SLIDE OR SURFACE 180) WHICH IS ALL FINE AND DANDIE BUT I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO CROSS OVER THE WAKE IN MY SWITCH STANCE. ITS KIND OF STARTIN TO BUG, ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-26-2005, 12:44 PM Reply   
Yo Ali, what you gotta think about is standing tall & strong like you do on a normal wake jump. I am terrible at switch and have recently been putting some time into it. I was having issues unti lI realized I wasn't riding like normal. Try & mimmick your regular jumps. Go for a switch set where you do nothing but switch carving and little jumps. You will get the hang of it. If you are sliding back to regular it sounds like you are not transferring your weight to your back foot & keeping your weight on your front foot(the regular back foot). Try transferring your weight and really emphasizing a strong edge and release.
Old                07-26-2005, 2:03 PM Reply   
THANKX BIG HEAVY-
MY SWITCH STANCE IS KIND OF CROUCHED COMPAIRED
TO MY GOOFY STANCE, SO I THINK I'LL STRAIGHTEN OUT MY FRONT LEG SOME HOPEFULLY THAT WILL HELP ME PUT A LITTLE MORE WEIGHT ON MY BACK LEG.IF
I CAN GET SWITCH DOWN, I'M ON TO FRONT ROLLS!
- FLIPS ARE SICK -
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-26-2005, 4:23 PM Reply   
Try Scarecrows they are easier. On switch just like normal you gotta stand tall & as we say "hump the handle". Good luck have fun. I gotta find a chick into wakeboard progression...
Old                07-27-2005, 8:49 AM Reply   
GOT ANY PICTURES OF SCARECROWS AND/OR VIDEO?
WHATS THE DIFFERENCE, I CAN SAY THAT I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT A SCARECROW IS.
Old                07-27-2005, 9:26 AM Reply   
Here you go.
http://www.wakeworld.com/tricklist/tricktip030.asp
Old                07-27-2005, 11:54 AM Reply   
whats up ali, wakeworld is better than work i see. does matt what to go to the lake today? i'm gettin ready to call him.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-27-2005, 12:01 PM Reply   
Ali here's a video with a scarecrow & a frontroll back to back. At the end I do both.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=14800
Old                07-27-2005, 2:01 PM Reply   
Whats up Spencer-
what can I say I'm so busted.The sun is shining
by the time you see this I'm sure you'll be back from the lake. If I got out there as early as you guys I wouldn't be talkin so much Wake:-)
Hey thanks to Matty(my sug)and Spencer for pushing me to be a better rider. Your my guys!