Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (corbin)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-27-2010, 6:30 PM Reply   
Has anyone put ballast bags under the deck on a sanger 210? mine is a 2001 direct drive and I can't help but think there is unused space on either side of the engine but can't get to the void because of the stringers. I'm thinking of putting a bag in the forward void (I know there's water in there I need to vaccum it out) but would also like to put one on each side of the engine.
Attached Images

Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-27-2010, 10:46 PM Reply   
I had an DLX. There is no room on the outsides of the stringers below the floor. I pulled my floor up when I had to replace the steering cable. You can fit a sac in the floor where the cooler goes and one in the ski locker and two along side the motor box. I had fly high V-drive sacs along side the motor box and tube sacs in the floor and the ski locker. I had to reprop it to hold a steady speed with the added weight( about 1500 lbs). Worked pretty well.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-28-2010, 9:15 AM Reply   
I have a 96 DLX and have added semi atuomated ballast in the ice chest locker. I used a 350LB bag & 2 areator pumps. I installed brass thru hull under front of engine with a ball valve. Can emial phots if needed. Very simple and works great.I alos have 350lb of lead under front & rear seats.
Rick
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-28-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
When I had my DLX at Towerbiminis a few months back there was a cool white twin to my boat there that looked like it had a sack under the rear seat. It appeared to have a completely different seat frame which would accomodate a tank inside it. I also noticed that it had dash switches for the ballast, so that is why I thought the rear seat had a tank.

It was super clean. I would love to do that to mine.
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-28-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
Hey Rick H, your profile is locked private.. so i cant email you. I would like to see the pics of your ballast setup!
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-28-2010, 11:08 AM Reply   
I have a 2001 SangAir. This boat is the one that has the internal balllast tank under the rear seat. It is a 40 gallon tank with a plumbed in pump. Honestly the ballast system doesn't work that great. The pump doesn't prime very well and the tanks leak water while running so you are constantly having to refill them.

I've thought of pulling out the cooler and putting a bag underneath the floor, but I've been to lazy. How large of a sack can you really fit in this area? Would pop bags be a better alternative to placing a sack in this area of the boat?

I usually run two 540 lb sacks on each side of the engine, one 300 lb tube sack behind the engine cover, 600lbs of lead spread throughout the boat, and the 320lbs of internal ballast under the rear seat. This set-up with 4 or 5 adults in the boat throws a good wake. The only draw back is that you have no room to move and you have to be on your game when it comes to slowing down and dealing with rollers from other boats. Most of the time you have to outrun your own wake when slowing down or the back of the boat will get swamped.
Old     (corbin)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-28-2010, 4:46 PM Reply   
Robert-
funny you have a 2001 SangAir. That's what I have. I wonder how many people on here have SangAirs. When I emailed Sanger requesting the ballast volume, they told me that they didn't put ballast in them! How did you find out that it is a 40 gallon tank? Is it 40 gallons total? Does your fill set-up look like mine?
see this thread:

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781008

I agree it seems like it doesn't fill very well. That's why I started the above thread. I want to plumb another pump into the same through hull fitting and am hoping it is large enough to supply both pumps. I put in a pretty big bag into the cooler void, and it filled pretty well. I only did it in my driveway and am still trying to figure out how to fill and empty it efficiently so I don't know how many gallons the bag holds. I was thinking of buying a long skinny bag and putting it in there and using the thru hull fitting right in front of the engine for another pump. I don't have a problem just vacuuming the water out when I get home and don't really use that plug too often.

If you have any pictures of your boat I'd love to see them.
Old     (corbin)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-28-2010, 6:48 PM Reply   
Rick- if you would be willing to send pictures to my email that would be great! It's ross.sarah08@comcast.net
Old     (noquams)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-28-2010, 8:35 PM Reply   
I have an 02 SanAir as well. Basically its a DLX with the tank as the base for the rear seat. Its slow to fill and sometimes leaks however that with some lead spread around the boat provides enough to throws a nice wake. I like the combo of water weight and lead.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-28-2010, 9:13 PM Reply   
I will post some picts tomorrow night or Wed Am of mine and the wake. It is pretty impressive. I would love to sell it and get a215 but just can't afford it for the next few years. I love my Snager.
Rick
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-01-2010, 1:02 PM Reply   
I have pictures I can email but don't have time to figure out WW's new upload. I really love wakeworld but hate the new system... Emial me if you want pictures or can post them for me.
Rick
Old     (corbin)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-02-2010, 7:29 AM Reply   
Rick-
Can't email you becuase your profile is locked. If your willing, my email is ross.sarah08@comcast.net,
Thanks
Old     (corbin)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-07-2010, 10:05 PM Reply   
some pictures from Rick:
Attached Images

Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-04-2010, 3:20 PM Reply   
thanks for posting those up! im still working on my setup.. will post pics when i get around to actually installing it
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-04-2010, 4:58 PM Reply   
I had a 2001 SangAir! Was not the best ballast system. Had it for a year and sold it to buy my V237.
Old     (davidggriffith)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-04-2010, 6:12 PM Reply   
K D amos How do you like your 237 im thinking of buying one but havent seen one just pictures on there website
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-04-2010, 7:00 PM Reply   
Yes KD do share, is the wakeboard wake as good as the V215?
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-05-2010, 7:52 AM Reply   
The V237 is an amazing boat.

I drove 400 miles to test drive a V215 and I loved it. "A v-drive that handled like a direct drive" is not just a marketing pitch! The wake was great, had a great ramp and good size. Went back the next weekend with my wife to buy the V215 and she walked by the V237 and she liked the look of it better (some crap about colors?!?). We took the V237 for a test drive and we were hooked. It's not as nimble as the V215, but the wake was amazing! Still a great ramp, but the wake was huge!

I think the V237's wake is better than the V215's, but you still can't go wrong with the V215. Add some weight to the V215 and it can make a great wake.

David....let me know if you have specific questions about the V237 and I would be glad to give you my opinion....what its worth.
Old     (davidggriffith)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-05-2010, 5:37 PM Reply   
k D i just want to know what the surf package is they have it listed on there web site but no pics and where is athol idaho im in rexburg and i never heard of athol how is the storage in the 237 i have a 215 but it has very limited space i love the boat just need something bigger thanks
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-05-2010, 8:08 PM Reply   
Athol is 15 miles north of Coeur d'Alene. It's a type of town where the "Welcome to..." and "Now Leaving...." signs are on the same post.

I wish my V237 had the surf package....it's on the "wish list"! The surf package gives you triple trim tabs and a tapered swim platform (so it doesn't cut into the wake). I hear the trim tabs really helps you shape the wake. There is tons of storage space. It's 2' longer and 6" wider than your 215, so it really opens up the space. In the back locker I can fit 2-500lbs fat sacs and still have room for all the life jackets on top. Last summer we had 8 adults and 8 kids in the boat for a full day on the lake. That included all their crap that was nicely stored away. We had some much fun we are doing it again this year. If your looking for something with room, the V237 is the ticket!
Old     (davidggriffith)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-05-2010, 8:11 PM Reply   
i just talked to adam at the sanger dealer in coeur dalene looks like i need to plan a trip thanks for your input
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-05-2010, 10:09 PM Reply   
Actually, Olinger Marine in Coeur d' Alene is not a Sanger dealer, but their company owns a Sanger dealership in California so they can probably set you up with a V237. I heard good things about them. I would also suggest you get a hold of Tyrel at Prestige Watersports in Boise, http://www.prestigewatersports.com/. He is a good guy to deal with.

There is also The Pro Shop in Longview, WA. I hear they know their Sangers and are good to work with.

Good luck in your search! You will LOVE the boat.
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-08-2010, 9:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidggriffith View Post
i just talked to adam at the sanger dealer in coeur dalene looks like i need to plan a trip thanks for your input
David....If your really in the market for a used V237, I might know I might know where one is.