Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (matgyver)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-07-2009, 6:16 PM Reply   
Any suggetions on a good resort at Table Rock that has their own boat slips? Already planning for next year...
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-07-2009, 6:27 PM Reply   
Bridgeport in Cape Fair. Its not the clearest part of the lake, and its far away from everything but it has very little boat traffic, if you want to ride at 2:00pm on Sat. you'll have no problem.

http://www.bridgeportresort.com/
Old     (matgyver)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-08-2009, 5:27 AM Reply   
Thanks for the suggestion...I'll take a look at it.
Old     (wakebums)      Join Date: May 2006       07-08-2009, 5:41 AM Reply   
My uncle has a resort at Tablerock Lake.. Its called Brushy Creek Resort. Its on the quiet side of the lake past Big Cedar Lodge. Their also avid wakeboarders! Around the whole lake you have to quit boarding before dark, but not down there.. LOL.. The Arkansas border is about a quarter mile away so we go down there where the Missouri Water Patrol cant go! And theres no water patrol for Arkansas down there..

Its a nice resort and everything is new in the cabins.. They have their own 6 stall dock with a huge swim deck... Check out this website.. Tell them Gene sent you. And I dont think Cape Fair is the cleanest part of the lake. Thats where the James River enters the lake from Springfield Mo. It gets a lot of debris when it rains.. And its not very clear.
http://www.brushycreekresortattablerock.com/

(Message edited by wakebums on July 08, 2009)
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-08-2009, 6:18 AM Reply   
Your right Gene Cape Fair can get a lot of debris cause of the James. If you drive 10min. or so around a few bends your good to go. I've been going there for 7years so my opinion is bias!haha TRL is the best!
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-08-2009, 7:23 AM Reply   
Shell Knob is the most scenic part of the lake, in fact part way up the Kings River arm might be preferable to being on the main lake, and while you'd be far from Branson you'd be closer to Eureka Springs.
Old     (wakebums)      Join Date: May 2006       07-08-2009, 11:21 AM Reply   
I agree with Cape Fair.. You can find sweet water there in some coves.. We like to ride there sometimes.. But the paddlefish can get to you when they roll next to you when your waiting for the boat.. And Shell Knob is very nice..Its just to far off the beaten path for me.. But perfect water.. I love TRL.. Its the best to me.. But we all have to face it.. Bull Shoals lake is the best for wakeboarding.. Its very clean and you might see 5 boats on the 4th of July. LOL.. But its too far away from anything. But its the perfect wakeboarding lake..
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-08-2009, 11:29 AM Reply   
Shhhhh about Bull Shoals...its full of bulls and shoals and therefore horrible for wakeboarding and any footage in the forthcoming forthcoming Hyperlite Team video which purports to be filmed there was actually CGI greenscreen.
Old     (chadfowler)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-08-2009, 2:18 PM Reply   
TBR is awesome, I go down 2-3 times a year and usually stay at Edgewater Villa Resort on the Aunt's Creek cove.

They have these "A" frame cabins that are clean and relatively inexpensive.

Great area for boarding during the week and even on the weekends in the mornings and evenings.

Not to far away from Cape Fair if you want to head up that way to ride in the middle of the day on the weekends.

Close to the cliffs if you want check out the rope swing, swim or hang out.

Close to Kimberling City if you want to hit the bars or grab some food.
Old     (matgyver)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-08-2009, 3:11 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the suggestions. I've being doing summers at Bull Shoals for the last 4 years and yes it is horrible for wakeboarding...too many people and you have to watch out for the bulls and shoals...LOL. Just looking to do something different next year. Our ten person pull this year.Upload
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-09-2009, 10:47 AM Reply   
Hickory Hollow Resort down the kings river(all the way down actually). Usually ride by yourself. You can also go down the white river to Holiday Island. There isn't much traffic there either. We usually stay at Indian Hills by Lampe. There is traffic, but you can drive a short distance and find nice water. The Timbers Resort by Shell knob is pretty nice too.
Old     (wakebums)      Join Date: May 2006       07-10-2009, 10:39 AM Reply   
It is nice down by the Kings River..
Old     (wake402)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-10-2009, 12:49 PM Reply   
Hickory Hollow for sure, you can ride all week and be basically undisturbed. Also the resort is pretty killer on its own. The owners John and Nina take real good care of you when you are there.
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-10-2009, 1:22 PM Reply   
we usually find a cabin on vbro.com
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-10-2009, 1:25 PM Reply   
Ditto Hickory Hollow is a nice place.

FYI, Shell Knob has the only wake boat dealership, with boats (lots of em), on the shores of the lake (MasterCraft), and includes a full sports shop.

http://www.williamsskiandsports.com/aboutus.asp

This spring the lake was high and, Hickory Hollow was not the southern end of the Kings arm, nor was MO 86 south of there, but Romp Hole access in Ark. (for fishing for sure).

The whole region down there is worth exploring.

http://www.arkansas.com/lakes-rivers/river.aspx?id=7

Get a hold of Tim Ernst's "Arkansas Hiking Trails," or any of these other guide books, and really explore some amazing country.

http://www.cloudland.net/trailguides.html

Don't forget the tick and chigger repellent.
Old     (josharre2000)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-10-2009, 9:07 PM Reply   
Table Rock-----Check out Big Cedar.
Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-11-2009, 6:14 PM Reply   
TABLE ROCK! im going down the last week of july till the first week of August so im guna be down there for 2 weeks. If any fellow wakeworlder is going to be there too let me know!!! I stay at Rock Lane resort btw. not too flashy but the owner is a great guy and its always really fun.