Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    jetpilot313            06-05-2004, 2:47 PM Reply   
i was talkin to the guy over at circuit city yesterday and asking him about a system for my truck and future boat he said for subs definately go with bazooka tubes instead of standard ones because you have to have a sealed box is he right?
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       06-05-2004, 5:35 PM Reply   
That's why he is working at circuit city.

Search the archives, you find what you are looking for, and I don't think it will be the bazooka tubes.

Old     (655mac)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-05-2004, 7:24 PM Reply   
NEGATIVE on the Bazooka tubes, get a real sub with a real box
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-05-2004, 8:33 PM Reply   
the only guys dumber than the ones @circuit city are the ones @ best buy. some of the stuff they say makes me laugh.
Old    jetpilot313            06-06-2004, 1:06 PM Reply   
im not going to need incredible bass, do the tubes sound that bad because i was thinking of gettin 2 tubes and using the stock sub, is this a bad idea?
Old    sonicr1            06-06-2004, 11:19 PM Reply   
Lets put it this way... I have one... and it is not in my boat anymore!!! You can buy a better and bigger amp plus a better speaker for the same price, then build a box yourself... for inside a boat, you are most likely going to go with a custome cabinet anyway.

The tube I have doesn't sound, bad... just no where near loud enough!!

But if you are convinced about going with the tube, make me an offer and I'll sell you mine.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-07-2004, 6:35 AM Reply   
Dont take any advice from guys at Circuit City or Best Buy. I did that once and ended up paying for stuff I did not need.
Old    merty            06-07-2004, 7:38 AM Reply   
Another alternative to a bazooka tube is the Infintiy Base Link. It has better mounting capabilities and has a 300watt built in amp for simple applications. It's still not as clean as seperates. My friend put one in his boat and it sounds pretty good.
Old    ihatetubers            06-07-2004, 5:40 PM Reply   
do not listen to a word from those damed circuit city guys especially for boats they are the worst i canot believe how much of a job they did on my boat the speakers hummed with the engine the subs didnt hit nothing was wired correctly and it costed me way too much. o yea bak on subject 2 twelves in a box are the way to go u can find them cheap at like flea markets and what not
Old    jetpilot313            06-09-2004, 8:58 PM Reply   
its not the price its where to put them and the instalation
Old     (bjgreenewb)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-10-2004, 7:11 AM Reply   
I'm going against the grain in this thread. Bazooka subs are excellent quality and sound IF you know what you are doing.

First of all, DO NOT buy the self amplified bazookas. Their amplifiers suck. Buy the RS series non-amplified bazooka tube, 10" preferrably along with a good quality 250 to 500 Watt RMS single channel subwoofer amplifier. You also want to get a separate crossover if it is not built into the amplifier to prevent the highs and mids from going the the woofer.

The next step is location. It is very important to face the bazooka woofer toward a small corner so the bass can reverberate properly for a deep rich sound.

I had to go with tube enclosures with my boat due to the limited opening space to a large unused space. If I went with a traditional subwoofer enclosure, I would have had to build it inside my boat. I originally was going to do that. But it is not an ideal thing to do if you have limited time.

Instead, I chose to place my 10" Kenwood in parallel with an 8" bazooka, down to 2 ohms at about 300 watts, behind the false wall in front of my driver seat. It sounds excellent and has pounding bass with no distortion.

Here is a pic of the location:

http://www.wakeboardindiana.com/portal/DesktopModules/EditPictureGallery.aspx?username=mygreenmonster.co m&GalleryName=Boat%20Audio&galleryid=8&picid=51&Pa geIndex=0&PicPageIndex=1#Pictures