Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-06-2007, 10:08 PM Reply   
so my fiance and i are discussing honeymoon locatians. i suggested a nice island honey moon.

i said how about an island with a nice beach, tropical drinks, great food, volleyball , interesting wildlife, wakeborading and cruising beautiful waters. so she aid that great lets go!!!

so i said great so were off to a nice week at the Lost Isle!!!

didnt work out so good...
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-07-2007, 7:22 AM Reply   
I don't get it...
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-07-2007, 7:27 AM Reply   
Saint Tropez...Thats where were headed for ours.
Old     (jrhurst)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-07-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
yeah , i tried to throw wakeboarding into our honeymoon , and it didnt work out too well either .Knew i shoulda had her sign a prenump

(Message edited by jrhurst on June 07, 2007)
Old     (cadesun)      Join Date: May 2007 Location: Chicago       06-07-2007, 12:45 PM Reply   
If you can believe it my wife and I actually bought a boat instead of a honeymoon and spent our honeymoon wakeboarding and skiing at our lake house. She's definitely a keeper.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-07-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
We bought our boat the week we were getting married and then took delivery a few days after getting back from the honeymoon. At least we went to Hawaii and I was able to surf while I was there. Lesson #1 - don't try and buy a new boat the week of your wedding, your soon-to-be wife will not be very happy! She did still marry me though!
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-07-2007, 1:06 PM Reply   
Sweet looking boat Timmy !
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-07-2007, 5:22 PM Reply   
Tony,
Lost Isle is a Calif. Delta hangout.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-07-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
Rod I think we're going to go to Tahiti (I know that's not spelled right) for our honeymoon. There's little huts on top of the water. I'm sure I'll be able to find someone to pull me behind at least a seadoo.

By the way, when is your wedding?
Old     (kerryn2skiing)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-07-2007, 5:59 PM Reply   
If you're bring your own board it might cost you $100.00. I took a board with me to the Bahamas last summer and that's what it cost me. But it was worth it.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-07-2007, 11:00 PM Reply   
Playa Del Carmen/Cancun/Cozumen

do a combo of the three

wakeboarding in the lagoon is better than the delta, she'll love it.

www.waterskicancun.com Bring Scott some Jagermiester and he'll hook you up. Have him take you to lunch at the beachside fish grill.
Old     (darv)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-08-2007, 7:15 AM Reply   
Myke Davis, If you go to the south pacific, don't stay on tahiti. My wife and I spent two weeks in the area for our honeymoon. We were on tahiti for one day and it is dirty and just not as pretty as other islands. La tahaa a is a private island resort off of bora bora and it is by far the nicest place to stay.

Bora Bora is nice, but the resorts are older and a little more run down than some of the other islands. Although, since I was there they have built 2 new resorts on bora bora and I am sure they would be nice.

Morea is the nicest place to stay for the price. Great food, diving, snorkeling, etc.

pm me if you want more info on the area, I did a lot of research before we went.

Derek
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-08-2007, 7:19 AM Reply   
Just curious...what our your honeymoon's costing? I'm assisting on the planning for mine.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-08-2007, 8:21 AM Reply   
ALOT! - 4 nights at the Ritz Paris ($1100 a night) 5 nights at the Byblos Hotel Saint Tropez ($900 a night). Plus air fare and spending money.
Its your honeymoon, once in a lifetime, so might as well do it huge!
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
honeymoons don't have to be once in a lifetime :-)
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-08-2007, 8:40 AM Reply   
so true, so true...
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-08-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
Miguel...you sound like my fiance, lol

but am I the only one that thinks spending $35-40k for a wedding & honeymoon is ridiculous...even if it's once in a lifetime?
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2007, 8:51 AM Reply   
very rediculous! if you can afford it then sure but it's not worth going into debt over! it's one day that is over before you can even stop to think about.

my wife and i had a very nice wedding, outdoors, 150 people, wine, beer, good food, a nice summer wedding and everything, food, alcohol, dresses, tuxes, place, everything was well under $15k, her parents paid which was awesome! and they would have paid for something more extravagent but we wanted something more laidback.

we went to hawaii for our honeymoon, a gift from my dad, which was under $3k for 5 nights on the beach with airfare included.

honestly i wouldn't have done anything differently!

now 2 years ago a guy i used to work with got married, and he went all out! dropped like $40K on the wedding and honeymoon, formal wedding, top shelf open bar and all and honestly it was so not worth it, the wedding was stuffy, lots of old people and it just wasn't very fun, everyone said our wedding was better :-) and then thing is he put all that on credit cards!!!!! so for the next 5-10 years hes paying for something that is over and done with!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-08-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
Adam - Im right there with you! My initial plan was a really small wedding then honeymoon in Boracay Philippines where it would have been completely free for me. And save all that money for the new house in Disco. All of a sudden, Im having a lavish wedding in Maui, and Honeymoon in Paris and the French Riviera! WHAT HAPPENED?!
What happened is me just saying "ok" to everything and leaving everything to my fiance and mom!
At the end of it all, its all good, its just money... Being happy, healthy, and being on a boat(any kind) is what matters most.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-08-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
mikeski, yes cancun is fun, i have a friend who has an mc on the lagoon. went there in january. im staying away from island spots this time of year. too much rain..
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-08-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
Derek thanks for the info!!! That's great to know.