Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-26-2007, 9:10 PM Reply   
am i missing something or here? what else can i do within reason? i have tried everything to sell my boat, offered money toys and equipment, free demo's, its advertised everywhere. i cant even get a single offer. what am i missing the price says OBO maybe people dont understand that nuemonic. or best offer. some serious help is needed please. take a look at my if you dont mind and please crotique it, im open for suggestions, thanks ww.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/457486.html?1182368574
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-26-2007, 9:17 PM Reply   
Throw in the bundled up hottie in the pic? Obviously, just kidding. I don't know man. Looks like a sweet boat to me. Put it on boattrader and onlyinboards and lower the price a tad?
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-26-2007, 9:22 PM Reply   
just hang in there bro.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-26-2007, 9:29 PM Reply   
thanks jason, now my girlfriend is going to get an ego. lol. its on onlyinboards, and i wont pay another $200 to boattrader, they took me because i didnt call on time they said so they cancled my ad and i called on the exact day like 10 min to late. bumbed me out. as for the price when you run it through nada you get 44900. but like i said not even an offer. there are 3 other comparibles ive seen that are priced at 45, but i think they set thier price off mine because mine was listed first. then you a couple low ballers selling the same boat just not as loaded for low mid 30's but there usually is a catch with thoose boats, i.e. no trailer, hull damage etc.. but if someone thinks im to high. please tell what its worth. i consider my self well nolligable with boats and have friends that are dealers and tell me im even on the low side and they cant even figure out why it wont sell. go figure. is it the colors, the boat, the options, the hours?
Old     (huddy)      Join Date: May 2007       06-26-2007, 9:32 PM Reply   
i am a firefighter in oregon where are you in cali?? nice boat..good price...how far away are you?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-26-2007, 9:37 PM Reply   
It's a sweet ride. Your price is good with the options and it's clean as a whistle!. You know fuel costs have people re-thinking their "toy" purcahses these days... but like jason said, you can always go lower on price.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-26-2007, 9:47 PM Reply   
I would think you would at least get offers. Onlyboards has gotten me a few hits. Just keep trying.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-26-2007, 9:47 PM Reply   
hey ryan i work in the bay area. what city are you in my grand parents are from salem. sparky, i think i understand exactly what your saying. i think fuel cost and cost of living in the bay area has alot of people scared and a boat is the last thing on there minds. but if i lowered the price how much would you shave off and or if the price was lowered would you take away some of the extras, i.e ballest bags and pumps. because i could sell thoose quick on here, in fact i was going to sell them on here unitll i thought it would help with selling the boat. my next boat im going lead all the way. thanks guys this is really good info.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-26-2007, 9:51 PM Reply   
nadda one leo, just thoose consignment people who keep calling to try and sell your boat or car from half way acroos the country for like a 20% cut, no way. but not one real private party offer not even one person has taken me up on a demo. i had these 3 kids from chico call me they said they wanted to see the boat. i told them come check it out will ride behind it and if it was not the cleanest boat they have looked at yet i would pay for there gas. they flaked.
Old     (huddy)      Join Date: May 2007       06-26-2007, 9:57 PM Reply   
Oh ya i am in Bend just over the cascades. I got a boat I am thinking of putting up on Craig's list but i want to roll over right into another boat, its summer time and all. So I don't know if I can help but if it sells quick I will contact you to see if yours if still for sell. Seems you have one on the way though...good luck.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-26-2007, 10:06 PM Reply   
keep me in mind ryan, i would love to help a fellow brother out. as for my new boat im ready to place the order just cant pull the trigger on it untill this one is gone. just to risky to have that much cash floating around in boats. not exactly the same as investing in realestate or something like bonds i guess. but last time i tried a back side 180 to blind off a house it hurt.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-26-2007, 10:17 PM Reply   
sell the gear on WW, and lower to like 40k-41k.

I paid 40k out the door for my new just delievered (of couse in 05) 05 V215 with all the goodies like yours.

Also remember toys aren't selling like hotcakes either, you have to set your boat apart from others.
Old     (huddy)      Join Date: May 2007       06-26-2007, 10:17 PM Reply   
seems we are in the same boat lol. i got your post so I will see what the northwest can do for me. Keep it safe.
Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-26-2007, 10:24 PM Reply   
Bryan

I bought and 06 v215 about a month and a half ago. I am in the bay area so I saw your posts plenty of times on craigslist. I never even called you and the reason why is the price. I bought mine with every option on it for just under 40k. There was another one on craigslist the same time i bought mine and it was listed for 42k but sold for 38k. I know that is a sweet boat, and someone would love to buy it, but I think your price is scaring some people off. Just list if for 40k on craigslist and if people call and you don't want to sell it for that cheap, just say you already sold it. This may give you your answer as to why you haven't had any bites.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-26-2007, 10:30 PM Reply   
cool rick, thanks for the honesty. now would you do me a favor. could you post some pics of your boat with options, hours and system info to give me a comparison that would really set the bar for me and get me in the right direction. also its real disapointing to here this about resell on a 6 moth old sanger. wow real disapointment. thanks rick and kenny
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-26-2007, 10:38 PM Reply   
Bryan, I second Kenny's idea of selling the gear on WW. I would also consider selling the tower speakers. I just bought my '05 VLX in May. When I was looking at used boats, I was not willing to pay for options that I did not want. For instance, since I knew exactly what tower speakers I wanted to get (NVS, of course), I was partial to boats without tower speakers over boats with 6x9s.

As for the "toys aren't selling" argument, it didn't feel like that when I was buying just a few months ago. I had to do my leg work to get a deal. My dream of finding a steal in a dwinding economy never happened. The demand is there. Too many people love this sport and are dying to have a boat like yours. Your boat will sell.
Old    alanp            06-26-2007, 10:39 PM Reply   
bryan this is pretty much a no brainer drop the price, sell the boat. who would ever pay nada for a boat? also as far as upgrades its usually hard to get your money back out of upgrades. im not trying to be rude at all but if someone is even bringing up nada or kbb i wouldnt consider the vehicle
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-26-2007, 10:49 PM Reply   
so jason, i see your point you seem to have the same feeling i have. i would rather have a blank canvas to work with, stereo and accessories wise. so you can get a better deal on the boat itself, get you in the water and ridding and build your dream system later. espescially if money is tight and just getting the boat in your driveway takes every penny you have. but in return to that would my market be bigger if the boat was less optioned out at lesser price or should i try to sell to a more fully loaded type buyer and or should try to "wheel and deal" say take away system lower price, take away racks lower price etc...
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-26-2007, 10:52 PM Reply   
Bryan, I will also second Alan's point on nada. It doesn't mean anything. When I just bought my used 'Bu, I looked at another one that was very similary but a few thousand dollars more. I wanted to buy the more expensive one because it was closer to me, but the guy wouldn't come down on the price. He kept talking about how NADA was 51k and how the stereo was worth over 5k alone. I didn't care what NADA said. What I did care about was that there was the same boat for sale for less money -- and I bought the less expensive one.
Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-26-2007, 10:53 PM Reply   
I only really only have one pic of it

The options include
triple ballast
perfect pass
heaters
chubby tower with bimini
hydro trim tab (which if you could explain what this really does I would appreciate it)
graphite swim platform(i think it is graphite, not teak)
the billet package
tinted windows
It had 4 racks for surfboards, but he gave me his two wakeboard racks that I swapped with 2 of the surf racks
tower lights
inside he installed red LEDs
the stereo includes: 3 amps, 2 10" subs, 6 in boat speakers, on the tower there are 6 6"x9" in a carbon fiber box. I think all speakers are momo or polk. sony deck.
trailer came with
the only goodies he gave me were the orange coast guard vests, anchor, buoys, bouy ropes, and oar
The engine is the 6.2 Liter

It had just over 100 hours on it. I hope this helpsUpload
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-26-2007, 10:54 PM Reply   
you cant hurt my feelings alan, this is a learning experience for me and alot of others reading this thread im sure. but you cant just post that basing nada prices is stupid without some sort of expliination. so please elaberate alittle more. where do you base your prices and who sets the used price bar. also i have been told by alot of people the price is fair. i just want what its worth and dont want to get taken.
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-26-2007, 10:55 PM Reply   
I would lower the price and take some of the extras out of the deal. You will get buyers interested. Then, in negotiations, throw a few of the options back in to strike the deal.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-26-2007, 10:59 PM Reply   
rick just sent you a pm thankyou very much for the info.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-26-2007, 11:11 PM Reply   
so here are a couple comparible in the area on craigs list. why a 10g difference in price tags wtf?
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/boa/355791235.html

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/356941002.html

(Message edited by westsiderippa on June 26, 2007)
Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-26-2007, 11:18 PM Reply   
i emailed you answers
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-26-2007, 11:25 PM Reply   
The second one looks like no trailer.

Bryan, I have looked at your boat and it is beautiful! I think there is a bit of variation in what people are paying for Sangers depending on there region and time of year. Some guys are paying low 40's for brand new boats with no hrs. There always seem to be a few close outs around at this time of year for high 30's low 40's for brand new boats. I know yours has options galore but if some body is in the market and can pick up a brand new boat for 40k with no options or buy a second hand boat with lots of options for 45k I think most people would choose the brand new even though the real value is less.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-26-2007, 11:27 PM Reply   
Bryan
Don't sell your self short.
Do you really have to have the new boat?
Your 215 is sick and the wake rocks.

I will be the first to say this boat is top notch, very well taken care of.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-26-2007, 11:38 PM Reply   
I agree with Chaz, there isn't a boat I would rather have, pretty much at any price. Keep it!
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-26-2007, 11:45 PM Reply   
selling such an awesome boat...

what boat do you plan on replacing it with?
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-26-2007, 11:54 PM Reply   
chas, my brotha. how the heck are you. just hung up the phone with jenna, she sends you a hello and hug. you know what i am just about to say f-it my man. i do love my wake thanks to you boyz dialing it in for me. jenna and i are for sure riding on monday and would love to have you out. you are always welcome on boat brotha. let me know if can get you in a pull.

mavy, replacement would be a 23 lsv

(Message edited by westsiderippa on June 27, 2007)
Old     (bobbynipper)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-28-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
In order to sell anything you have to get it in front of people who are in the market and then make it attractive. Your boat looks good. When you go to the lake put a for sale sign on it or park it buy a busy road on the way to the lake. Then be realistic about the price.