Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-07-2009, 1:57 PM Reply   
Hay huppler, just looked at your profile: You just joined and this is your first post.........way to start out. Now, go back to the sand box that you crawled out of and go back to playing with the toy boats, as you seem to have no real knowledge or experience with real ones!
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-07-2009, 2:03 PM Reply   
wow, huppler... That is simply an amazing un-educated statement. Care to explain why? I definitely want to sleep at night.
Old     (marcia)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-07-2009, 2:44 PM Reply   
Care to elaborate huppler? I'd like to know why my boat doesnt compare!
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-07-2009, 3:08 PM Reply   
I do not have a dog in this fight but can't understand why everyone slams TIGEs so hard. So what if they claim they make nice wakes without weight. If they do then great. How does that lessen the experience you have behind your boat??? Want a bigger wake - add weight whether you are in a TIGE or any other boat. In reality I do not think there is a single wakeboat that truly "NEEDS" weight to wakeboard. I bet most people could land 70-90% of their trick bag behind ANY unweighted boat. Might not land them all, but you will be wakeboarding.

As to the original post. I do not care if it is a TIGE or any other boat, get as much balast as you can afford. You do not need to fill it up but you probably will very soon. Balast is one of the options that can truly enhance wakeboarding and after you get balast, tower, and a speed control device the options on wakeboats are all pretty much creature comforts or bling that will have little or no bearing on how well you ride.
Old     (shredder_girl)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-07-2009, 3:54 PM Reply   
When I was looking at new boats back in 07, I truly didn't understand ballast. I grew up riding behind I/O's and the wake was never good cause it rolled over. When I met the Tige salesmen and explained TAPS, it made since as I had the questions, "Why do you pump water into a boat, don't you want water out of your boat."

I demoed the RZ2 as well as the Malibu VLX and rode behind both of them. Without ballast in the RZ2 the wake was definately adequate for me and found it to be much bigger then the Malibu when it didn't have weight in it.

Now that I have got more into wakeboarding, I appreciate having the option to change the size and shape of the wake at a touch of a button. Secondly when we surf and throw a little more weight to make it even more massive then what it was, Taps allows me to make a curl on both for port and starboard side. When someone is on the starboard side, TAPS on 8, port side TAPS on 4. Anybody that says convex v doesn't work, I own one and have seen it over and over again. I love my Tige and am going to the Atlanta show next week and will be looking at a new one.

Huppler says my boat doesn't compare, I beg to differ!!! Secondly, everyone on this board loves the sport of wakeboarding, surfing etc. why the hell do people want to bash each other on a constant basis. That is just ludicrous!!
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-07-2009, 4:50 PM Reply   
The Bay- sick name bro hahahaha. how about you go tighten your seat bases down instead of bash on a boat that will compare and run side by side with yours.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-10-2009, 1:12 PM Reply   
i work for a dealer that sells 2 brands of wake/ski boats. we work on ALL brands of ski/wake boats.i have been in/behind all of them i dont claim to be a wakeboard pro at all. but when it comes to the boats i been up close and personal with all of them. i will take a TIGE over any of them.
i also agree with mel huppler is an idiot and has no idea what he is talking about. my tige will run with is his dads boat all day any day.
LOL ryan that is so funny and yet SO TRUE!!!!!!!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-10-2009, 1:29 PM Reply   
"The Bay" should change his name to Billy Ray Cyrus, so far he's a 1 post wonder
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-10-2009, 3:20 PM Reply   
Just one additional thing to throw out there. A number of lakes have banned ballast. While it won't be as good as with ballast, there is something to be said for having at least a decent wake with no ballast. Just a thought.
Old     (xxavalanchexx)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-11-2009, 8:55 PM Reply   
wow seriously people you all sound like a bunch of little 3 year olds. of course you will need ballast...i've ridden behind pretty much everything,,and the x-star is the best for wake,and the enzo is the best for surfing, the tige is usually washy, and even when you do put ballast in them you have to fill all of it up and get some fat people on the boat just to get the wake to an alright wake}

p.s. good joke tigeMike did you learn that one in 1st grade
Old     (xpjim1)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2009, 9:35 PM Reply   
" Keilan Eggleston" should change his name to Billy Ray Cyrus, so far he's a 1 post wonder

I learned that from tigemike
Old     (tx03gt)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-12-2009, 1:30 AM Reply   
Cool no pics. They must be waiting for the guy with the "tramp stamp" tattoo for advice.
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-12-2009, 2:34 AM Reply   
Any Tige owners have some "no ballast" wake pictures to prove your argument?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-12-2009, 4:43 AM Reply   
What "argument", Nick? The Tige owners that responded to this thread have recommended to the OP that he get ballast. The only "argument" is by the A-hole bashers that dont have a clue as to what they are talking about and insist on digging up and whipping a dead horse in every thread where Tige is mentioned, and many threads that are not even about Tige.

To answer your question, I do have some boarding and surfing pics with no ballast added, just peeps, but they prove nothing because wake size and shape is about personal opinion, preference, and abilities. If it was about how the boat was built, then why are so many riders adding 2-3K of ballast to the boat they claim to be the best wakeboard boat built. If it's that good, why do they need to add weight to it?
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-12-2009, 7:05 AM Reply   
xxavalanchexx,

But again, people are tossing 2k+ lbs of weight into an X-Star. Then your Avalanche also has a wakeplate as a standard feature and no standard "ballast system" (it's an option) .....

BTW, if the Tige you are riding in is washy, then you have TAPS set to high or your distributed weight is not correct. Add more weight to the bow. $.02

(Message edited by dabell on January 12, 2009)
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-12-2009, 7:23 AM Reply   
Has anyone even thought that Tige does have professional riders? Daniel Watkins, Tino Santori, Eric Ruck, Cathy Williams, and Nick Wienacker to name a few.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-12-2009, 7:26 AM Reply   
Eric Ruck riding on RZ4 with no additional ballast weight.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/651295.html
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-12-2009, 1:45 PM Reply   
Thanks for the pic TigeBell. I wasn't bashing Tige, I just wanted to see the wake with no ballast, thats all. I wasn't trying to start a war, I was just curious. RZ4's are sick boats and Ruck is the man!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-12-2009, 3:30 PM Reply   
Nick, I know you weren't bashing are trying to start/continue the fight, sorry if I sounded defensive toward you. I've got pics, just not on this PC. There on DVD so I need to get them.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-12-2009, 3:47 PM Reply   
"Eric Ruck riding on RZ4 with no additional ballast weight. "

Just 10 people in the boat!!! This is the funniest post ever.

To the OP. You don't need additional ballast if you are asking the question. This thread is done.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-12-2009, 4:01 PM Reply   
I second that, Joe. There's only so many times you can kill a dead horse.

It's been fun to watch, though. Like a fat stripper.
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-12-2009, 4:10 PM Reply   
A wise man once said you can calculate how good something is by the amount of hate it attracts.The truth is tige is a real competitor and thats why people hate so much.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-12-2009, 7:09 PM Reply   
Here are a few pics of my 22Ve with no ballast!
1st pic, rider is about 6'1"
Upload
Rider's about 6'
Upload
About 4-5 peeps in the boat, but no ballast.
Upload
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-12-2009, 7:46 PM Reply   
"A wise man once said you can calculate how good something is by the amount of hate it attracts".

Let's see. Tige attracts hate because it's good. Really good boats attract a lot of hate. The less hate a boat attracts, the less good. Hmmm. MC, BU, CC don't seem to attract much hate, so they must not be very good! Got it!
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-13-2009, 7:03 AM Reply   
"Then your Avalanche also has a wakeplate as a standard feature and no standard "ballast system" (it's an option) ..... "
FYI
The Avalanche comes standard with 1 Center Ballast tank and 2 more optional ones. The standard plate that comes on an Avalanche is a Manual one
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-13-2009, 9:01 AM Reply   
^^^

Kevin, the center ballast, per the web site for Centurion Boats, is an option and not standard. I could be wrong but then the web site would be incorrect.
Old     (vabeachbum)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-13-2009, 9:36 AM Reply   
Dabell, Where did you see that?
On the list of options, it shows that the Storm 1 package is Standard on the Avalanche C4. The Storm 1 package includes the center tank.

The center tank is an option on the Air Warrior Series, I believe.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-13-2009, 9:46 AM Reply   
Chip, interesting.. Under Ballast Options you see the Center Ballast as being an option and the Storm 1 being standard. The site is deceiving.

Then you go into the Standard Features and it doesn't say anything about the Storm packages. YOu have to go into Package Options...

I think I am even more confused then I was before. I believe you that the Center Ballast is included but the site is misleading. IMO..
Old     (vabeachbum)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-13-2009, 11:52 AM Reply   
The Centurion website has come a long way, but still has a few things to work on. I agree that if you click on "ballast options" the center ballast should say "standard" next to it instead of listing it just like the other options.

I went to the brochure under "document library." The options are all listed out, and I think it's much easier to understand than the website.

http://new.centurionboats.com/bin/com/fline/assets/documents/brochure2009.pdf
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-13-2009, 12:16 PM Reply   
^^^
That is a lot easier to read. Thanks...
Old     (wakecourage)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-13-2009, 1:03 PM Reply   
All brands aside, I would never buy a wake boat with out ballast! I like a big wake
Old     (xxavalanchexx)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-14-2009, 7:21 PM Reply   
wow tigemike 6 ft. of air thats so high hahahaha...my centurion avalanche's surf wake is 3 times the size of your surf wake, and thats without using my ballast, and if you want a real wake get an mastercraft x-star
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-14-2009, 7:39 PM Reply   
Hay bob, whats you point! If wanting to look like an idiot, good job, you did it! Not sure what your problem is.

Nick asked for pics from an unweighted Tige and I posted some that I had. I made no claims about the wake represented in my pictures.

Oh, I'd like to see your 9' surf wake, please post up, i'm waiting! Maybe you should go get a MC since you seem to have the same "my crap dont stink" and "i'm better then you" attitude that most have.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-14-2009, 7:49 PM Reply   
Wow bob, doing pretty well for a snot-nosed, green poop'n 17 yr old, if YOU own a Centurion Ava. You and The Bay are both off to a great start on WW with your first post be so friendly. You both are going to make lots of friends on here.........NOT, you're gonna get your @$$ handed to you, so go back to the playpen watching Barney.
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-14-2009, 10:45 PM Reply   
^^^^^^ "snot-nosed, green poop'n 17 yr old"

maybe he is that deltaglass barefoot skier guys kid!!?? lol

Not a very good start to his WakeWorld postings...
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       01-15-2009, 6:56 AM Reply   
Bob is probably someone else already on WW. They just made up a new character to make a stupid comment like that. He Probably has small PEE PEE Syndrome.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-15-2009, 7:34 AM Reply   
Tige sucks, horrible wake, built terribly blah blah blah blah. Please drive through. WTF
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-15-2009, 8:15 AM Reply   
These threads are ridiculous!!!! I blame myself for keeping it going I am going to go slit my wrists.
Old     (xxavalanchexx)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-15-2009, 7:14 PM Reply   
you guys are the ones who are a lot older fighting with a 17 year old it really shows how mature you guys really are.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-15-2009, 7:54 PM Reply   
^^^ No, we aren't arguing. We are pointing out the fact that you are 17 and don't know any better but bash something that you have no experience on and that your point is not worthy. I have told you what you need to do about the "Tige" that you are riding on but haven't done anything about it.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-15-2009, 7:58 PM Reply   
Still waiting on your 9' tall surf wake, post up or shut up $.02
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-15-2009, 8:00 PM Reply   
Not to point out that one of the top 3 wakesurfers in the world also owns a Tige. $.02
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-15-2009, 8:05 PM Reply   
Who James/Jeff? Yeah but they sack the shizz out of that thing. Oh and when it broke down Dennis was there with the Sanger! J/K Lets put this to bed guys Tige makes a great boat and yes it puts out a decent wake with no ballast, as do most V-Drives. Tige's surf wake is great but it does require some weight again just like every other wake boat out there.
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-15-2009, 8:09 PM Reply   
That is no joke dabell.When we go surfing everyone always wants to take my tige.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-15-2009, 8:20 PM Reply   
Yes Hate it's James but Jeff is also really good. But that one is a tough one to answer. Let's say the Walker Family :-) However, they don't sack it out that much. I have seen it myself and yes, they do go out with Dennis. All three along with Surfmom are awesome people...

"decent wake with no ballast"??? It is better with ballast!!!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-15-2009, 8:28 PM Reply   
I definitely meant James as the surfer and Jeff as the owner, don't hate Jeff! Hey if it was who was the better shaper I'd take ya!

"Sack the shizz" based on pictures of it with the V locker bungee corded down as a sack bulges from it, LOL.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-15-2009, 8:34 PM Reply   
That is some of his experimenting but he also has lead hidden also

They are still trying to find that perfect wake. My son rode with James, Surfmom, Dennis, and Jeff awhile ago and he hasn't stopped talking about that experience.
Old     (xxavalanchexx)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-16-2009, 8:39 AM Reply   
If Tige has the best wake surf then why arent they using their boats in the world wakesurfing championship
Old     (xxavalanchexx)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-16-2009, 8:42 AM Reply   
Designed with the deepest continuous V-hull for maximum water displacement and exclusive options such as Sideswipe exhaust and the SwitchBlade wake enhancement system, the Enzo creates the largest, longest, fastest and most powerful surf wave outside of the ocean. Which this is from worldwakesurfingchampionships.com

just proving a point
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-16-2009, 8:46 AM Reply   
^^^ Well, Bob, I'll let you in a little grownup business info: That is bought and paid for with advertising dollars, and not about who thinks what boat has the best wake. Typically events like that have a major sponsor, and that's whose boat gets used. Imagine if Brand Y paid big bucks to sponsor an event, but the promoters said: We like the wake behind brand X better, so we are using their boat to pull the event. Makes sense?

Still waiting to see that 9' surf wake???
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-16-2009, 8:48 AM Reply   
Bob, you made your point with your first post, your are immature, inexperienced, and lake real boating knowledge!
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-16-2009, 9:02 AM Reply   
Here is Daniel Watkins wakesurfing behind his boat with his son.

Upload

BTW, yes it has ballast :-)

(Message edited by dabell on January 16, 2009)
Old     (xxavalanchexx)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-16-2009, 9:19 AM Reply   
first of all learn how to spell lack and when i go out to the lake next i will send you a picture of the surf wake and then i will get on my sisters husbands xstar and show what a real wake looks like
Old     (flattirenotube)      Join Date: May 2007       01-16-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
Bob, you have said that YOUR boat will put out a surf wake 3 times the size of a Tige, its put up or shut up time, dabell has put one up of a Tige wake, now you seem to feel that just bashing everyone here is the simple answer. Also if you are going to call someone out on spelling, please learn proper grammar and what a run on sentence is. Finally, the X-Star is notorious for not having the best surf wake.

(Message edited by flattirenotube on January 16, 2009)
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-16-2009, 9:25 AM Reply   
^^^ bob, calling the kettle black are you? Correcting someone while you have errors in your writing also... hahaha

(Message edited by dabell on January 16, 2009)
Old     (xxavalanchexx)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-16-2009, 9:25 AM Reply   
Hey Patrick i wasnt talking about the X-star having a good surf wake i was talking about its wakeboard wake and how good it is. I didnt know you would stick up for your girlfriend though. thats cute man
Old     (xxavalanchexx)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-16-2009, 9:28 AM Reply   
Just wondering how far back does a Tige's wakesurf go...
Old     (flattirenotube)      Join Date: May 2007       01-16-2009, 9:29 AM Reply   
It really saddens me to see the state of our educational system, when a 17 year old cannot seem to spell or even punctuate correctly. Well I guess that’s what you get from someone from the illustrious home state of our former president. And to resort to such childish comebacks, all I can say is to grow up, honestly.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-16-2009, 9:30 AM Reply   
Hay bob, how much weight does your Brother-in-law run in his Xstar to achieve a "real wake"?

Ooooh, that spelling jab really hurt, I think I'll go cry
Old     (xxavalanchexx)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-16-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
You are the one arguing with a 17 year old now man, thats pretty immature to me...now whos the pot calling the kettle black
Old     (xxavalanchexx)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-16-2009, 9:33 AM Reply   
he uses 4000 lbs
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-16-2009, 9:39 AM Reply   
bob, the length of the wakesurf depends upon how much weight you add to the bow. So to answer your question depends upon too many factors. Apparently the length was fine for Daniel and his son.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-16-2009, 9:44 AM Reply   
4k, huh. Well, I'd say that with that amount of weight, you could get a great wake from a Ranger bass boat. I guess maybe your skills require a 2 story ramp in order to hit that W2W
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-16-2009, 9:44 AM Reply   
Go Steelers!!
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-16-2009, 9:48 AM Reply   
^^^ hahaha Nacho....

Here is a nice picture of James Walker and his Tige. Apparently there is enough length to get that this much air...

Upload
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-16-2009, 9:51 AM Reply   
I bet the Steelers go all the way, and do it without "additional player added"

(Message edited by chpthril on January 16, 2009)
Old     (xxavalanchexx)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-16-2009, 9:51 AM Reply   
nacho ha that was pretty random....anyways i'm pretty sure you can do more than just a w2w
Old     (xxavalanchexx)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-16-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
heres proving my point right here!

http://www.worldwakesurfingchampionships.com/images/jpeg/Saturday%2008-25-07/19
Old     (xxavalanchexx)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-16-2009, 9:58 AM Reply   
another pic

http://www.worldwakesurfingchampionships.com/gallery/Saturday%2008-25-07/18
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-16-2009, 10:00 AM Reply   
bob, how tall is the rider? I would be amazed if she is 5 feet tall. With her being 5 feet tall, that wake would only be about 3-4 feet. What happen to your 9 foot tall wake? I'm confused still.
Old     (xxavalanchexx)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-16-2009, 10:01 AM Reply   
all the pictures you have shown the surf wake only went up to the peoples knees if that...
Old     (flattirenotube)      Join Date: May 2007       01-16-2009, 10:03 AM Reply   
Bob, once again you have failed to prove your point. You said YOUR boat could put out the bigger boat, not an Enzo. I don't think anyone here would disagree that the Enzo surf edition puts out an amazing surf wake, but alas, that is not your boat. As far as arguing with you I am done with it, you were the one that came on here to thow mud about something that you have obviously no idea what you are talking about.

p.s. I can see why your grammar is so poor, instead of spending time learning you are instead arguing a point (which you have obviously lost on) on a wakeboarding forum.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-16-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
Here is one from the same series that can conflict your point that you are making.

http://www.worldwakesurfingchampionships.com/gallery/Saturday%2008-25-07/6

FYI, taking pictures from various angles can make any wake look huge.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-16-2009, 10:13 AM Reply   
Yeah, Bob, we want pics of YOUR (dads) boat putting out a 9' wake. Posting pics of someone else's wake is a petty lame attempt.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-16-2009, 10:17 AM Reply   
"all the pictures you have shown the surf wake only went up to the peoples knees if that..."

Old     (xxavalanchexx)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-16-2009, 10:44 AM Reply   
Its kind of funny how lame you guys are...when i'm older i hope i actually have a life and dont sit on a computer and argue with a 17 year old
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-16-2009, 10:58 AM Reply   
Bob, you were the one that came into this thread and stated your opinion:

"wow seriously people you all sound like a bunch of little 3 year olds. of course you will need ballast...i've ridden behind pretty much everything,,and the x-star is the best for wake,and the enzo is the best for surfing, the tige is usually washy, and even when you do put ballast in them you have to fill all of it up and get some fat people on the boat just to get the wake to an alright wake}"

So, who started the argument again??? I am a little confused again....
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-16-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
Bob, post up or shut up already!

Bob, if fish were smart, it would take more then a hook with bait to catch them........you seem to keep biting!
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-16-2009, 11:02 AM Reply   
TIGE RULES WITH OR WITHOUT BALLASTS, END OF STORY!
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-16-2009, 11:05 AM Reply   
^^^ We can lock this thread now... :-)