Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-28-2009, 10:02 PM Reply   
I have been riding a 2008 Slingshot Response for the past year and about a week ago I took a few bad falls and noticed that my boots became very loose. I thought it might have just been the screws coming loose but even after making sure that they were completely tight the boots still had a significant amount of movement going on. I then tried moving the boots in to a closer stance so that I could continue riding and that worked for a good amount of time until I took another bad fall and yet again the boots were coming loose. I noticed that there is some bulging coming from the board around the inserts and so I am pretty sure that the problem is there and I am just wondering if there is any way to fix this (my friends already suggested I just stop eating trash all of the time but I am pretty poor at that). Has anyone else had this problem?
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-28-2009, 10:35 PM Reply   
If your inserts are coming loose that sounds like a warranty issue. I would start there. A person can epoxy their inserts back in but a 2008 board should not have inserts that are moving around.
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-29-2009, 4:22 AM Reply   
yea that sound like what happened to my brothers response, take a few pictures and get in touch with slingshot. they will take care of you for sure. and in a few days you will have the new response to shred your face off with
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-29-2009, 5:45 AM Reply   
you're not alone, i've got the same thing going on with my 2008 Response. were you riding it with SS boots, or a binding with the traditional 2 hole pattern?

hit up their warranty department, and I'm sure they'll have you back on the water in no time. their Customer Service is spectacular!
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-29-2009, 6:15 AM Reply   
I am riding boots with the traditional 2 hole pattern. This couldn't have started happening at a worse time. I am heading to Lake Powell on Sunday and I don't know if it would be a great idea to continue riding on the board under such circumstance but at the same time I don't want to go back to my old platty. How long do warranty claims usually take?
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-29-2009, 6:23 AM Reply   
they are usually pretty quick. i would give them a call this morning and explain your situation. 509-427-4950 ext 23