Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-25-2009, 1:56 PM Reply   
Hey we got one of those Gopro Helmet Hero wide cams and sent it to my brother in iraq. But now he's back and has no use for it so im eager to test it on the water.. anyone here try it? I've seen it before but I was wondering how well the stick pad holds onto a helmet or board.. thanks ahead of time
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-25-2009, 5:22 PM Reply   
They work great. But, the sticky backed plate will not hold. Use the strap plate and attach to a helmet. Better yet, attach it to you bindings. Gives an interesting view.

Sound is useless in the waterproof case.
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       06-25-2009, 9:24 PM Reply   
adam i been messing with the helmet cam for a liitle bit now, been useing it on my dirt bike and just made a mount for the wake board and useing the suction cup for on the boat vids its been ok.it would be alot better on someones board that can realy ride. im still messing with it. http://vimeo.com/
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       06-25-2009, 9:47 PM Reply   
the sticky pad has been great on the helmet, i used it for the water too and no prob yet, i did make a float for it in case the plastic mount was to break on a crash.its in a water proof case but that does no good at the bottom of the delta.heres the mount i made.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-25-2009, 9:55 PM Reply   
yo vin, you got anything yet with that set up. looks crazy brotha, i like it.
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       06-25-2009, 10:11 PM Reply   
hey what up bryan, how you been man . yeah look at my 1st post theres a link to my vimeo, theres a few on there not very good yet, but im working on it, and none of its been edited so its kinda harsh
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-26-2009, 12:19 AM Reply   
Yeah I'm going to try out the stick pad tomorrow on the helmet but Im definately putting a float on it as well as a safety line
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-26-2009, 12:25 AM Reply   

and thats the link...
not quite sure how I found it lol
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-26-2009, 3:41 AM Reply   
Cool vid...it picks up alot better than I thought it would. I loved how when the rider did a wake jump, the sound was suddenly so peaceful/silent :-)
Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       06-26-2009, 8:08 AM Reply   
Doood, that is freakin' sweet!! I agree with Loren, so funny when the sounds builds and then *poof* - silence for a bit. Would be sweet to see what flips and spins look like on the camera. I want one!!!!
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       06-26-2009, 8:58 AM Reply   
sorry bout the link, here is a good one thanks for finding it adam

(Message edited by vin on June 26, 2009)

(Message edited by vin on June 26, 2009)
Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-26-2009, 9:42 AM Reply   
That is SICK, it actually made me feel like I had water up my nose.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-26-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
How much do these cost (and where do you get them?)
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-26-2009, 11:32 AM Reply   
Crash's cam came from this guy...
http://www.rpmgear.com/

You can get them direct from GoPro, but the RPM Gear has some added value with the batts and safety cable combo. The guy runs a grass-roots track photography business, shipped really fast, and stayed in contact to make sure we're happy with the equipment. He deserves the business.

We're using the Hero Wide.
Old     (gtoaws)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-26-2009, 11:38 AM Reply   
I took that same camera and mounted to the back of one our boats and it had a great view for surfing!
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-26-2009, 7:18 PM Reply   
Got mine today....I'll keep you all posted!
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-26-2009, 9:04 PM Reply   
Adam Barry on Vimeo.
Heres a test vid from today (I didn't have the best set but it was good for a test!)
and I landed my first switch heelside w2w today! but... I didn't have the camera on me D: but I almost land it on the video
Im going camping so Ill get some 3's and rolls this weekend for sure and put em up.
The stick pad works great and the cameras cost around 150-200

(Message edited by adambarry on June 26, 2009)