Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (spunnnn)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-29-2009, 7:48 PM Reply   
Any one having problems with the LF cam hardware releasing and falling off while riding?
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-29-2009, 8:53 PM Reply   
No, but I make sure to check them and snug them up on a regular basis.
Old     (johndk)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-29-2009, 9:12 PM Reply   
Mine got loose a couple of times, but since then I almost always make sure to check them for tightness before getting up each time, giving a little turn, and that has been good. Once last year I did get worried when one of the bolts almost came undone while I was riding - thank goodness I noticed it before trying anything (my foot was swiveling a bit so I dropped the rope and tightened it up).
Old     (bzmillerboy)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-29-2009, 11:45 PM Reply   
I went a long time without having issues and not ever checking...however I guess they eventually worked their way loose because one of my bindings came off my board in the middle of a backroll. I check mine often now.
Old     (johndk)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-30-2009, 1:31 AM Reply   
It's pretty amazing that with such expensive hardware (bolts), and for something so critical, they can't come up with a better way to prevent the bolts from coming loose. There should be a real locking mechanism.
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-30-2009, 3:59 AM Reply   
add a little bit of locktite and a stainless lock washer...they won't come loose for a while.
Old     (spunnnn)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-30-2009, 9:36 AM Reply   
Well, when one came off awhile back, I contacted LF to see if I could get one. I also asked what's the best method of securing them down, wrenching down hard or not so hard, just until the cam clicks....they didn't respond to my Q, though they sent me a new set. They came loose again my next time out.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-30-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
Hate to sounds like a jerk here but....

You're a fool NOT to check your hardware everytime you go out riding. Not a day goes by on my boat where I don't check the hardware of my own boards and nearly everyone else going into the water. I also visually inspect just about everything else.

I don't want what happened to bzmillerboy happening to me or anyone of my crew.

That 20second check goes a long way.