Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-21-2006, 8:32 PM Reply   
Hi guys, I am looking for someone to come on our boat (05 V-ride) and give my friends and I some wakeboard lessons. I had a local company lined up twice and they jammed both times. We have at least 3 riders maybe 4 depending on the day. I have my two great boater kids that come with us so going to a lesson on someone elses boat doesn't really work for me but I might be able to coordinate a babysitter if I had to. Thanks
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-21-2006, 8:41 PM Reply   
Just curious what tricks you are needing lessons on.....????
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       08-22-2006, 8:54 AM Reply   
check out rad galz?? At the Eldorado?

Solace Wakeboard school in Vernon does a wicked job, nice boat (liquid ride) and Jessie and Dustin are two of the best riders in the west.
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-22-2006, 9:35 PM Reply   
Thanks Ryan. Vernon is a little far (I know only an hour but when you live 5min from a lake 1 hour seems far) I will call the El tomorrow.

Ronia - I am still trying to get back to my former wakeboarding ability - former meaning before kids. I used to be able to do a w2w 180, both w2w jumps and now I seem to fall short. Just need a few tips before I pick up some bad habits.

Last time I had lessons it was with Aaron Lepine so that shows you how long it's been. He was by the way a great instructor.
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-23-2006, 8:28 AM Reply   
Tanya, have you tried JD Wakeboard school? Or are they the local company who jammed on you?
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-23-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
Tanya,
We take a lot of photos when we ride, one thing I noticed from looking at the pics, when I wasn't making it over both wakes, I could easily see I wasn't staying on edge all the way through the wake. Try concentrating on that for a bit and see if it helps.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-23-2006, 8:04 PM Reply   
Tanya, I was in Sicamous on Mara lake for the last 2 months giving lessons with Evolution Boardriding School... too bad you didn't make this post a while ago!! However, Jeremy Matthews might be doing some traveling lessons, he is the guy who runs Evo. He will charge for the full day of lessons (assuming you are using your boat), and the gas money to drive up there from Sicamous. But talk to him for further details... 1 403 852 5312. That is the school number.

Jeremy is one of the TOP coaches in Canada. He was the Canadian National Wakeboard Team coach for a while, and currently runs one of the finest schools in the country. He might be a little busy if you call him this weekend, he is one of the head guys organizing Nationals, where I am headed tomorrow morning, but feel free to call.

http://www.evolution-wakeboard.com/
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-24-2006, 10:00 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, I went out the other night with a girl named Tracy. She road womens pro until this year. She is based out the the El. and came out on our boat which was great. She had me clearing the wake in no time. Almost on my toeside as well. Plus I almost landed a couple of healside W2W 180's. I am so pumped to get out and ride again.

I'll keep the other numbers handy though.

Good luck Aden. I've heard of a few people from here heading up the the Nationals.

Tanya