Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (jmepek)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-21-2005, 9:45 AM Reply   
How well do cell phones work at Lake Mc Clure? What services (Cingular,Nextel, etc.) work best.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-21-2005, 9:52 AM Reply   
Hey. Mine worked fine on old school AT&T, but my buddy had GSM on the houseboat and could not get service.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       07-21-2005, 10:11 AM Reply   
AT&T(cingular) has a tower on the hill above the dam. I have a houseboat there and I get better services at the lake then at home. But you can not get services up the river, Only if you are in the lower half of the lake. GSM should work. My lil bros works.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-21-2005, 11:34 AM Reply   
I was shooting Schwenne this moring and had great signal through the bulk of the lake.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-21-2005, 11:40 AM Reply   
yes!!! go old school ATT! thats what i have for another week or so. then its new school cingular. i'll be there this weekend shooting some video.

Jason- how were the shooting/weather conditions?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-21-2005, 11:06 PM Reply   
Yeah the lake has great service for ATT/Cingular. Heck West Coast Camps even has high speed internet through Cingular on their houseboat. I'll be heading up next weekend and can't wait.
Old     (jmepek)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-27-2005, 7:46 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info. We are heading there for the first time ever this weekend and again in two weeks. If you have any tips about the lake feel free to share.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-27-2005, 8:43 AM Reply   
Here's a tip, dont take a gimp with you!
Old    lukedogg            07-27-2005, 11:13 AM Reply   
Verizon absolutely does not work there.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-27-2005, 1:40 PM Reply   
scott - water was good - Got photos for '06 Hyper catalogue}
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-27-2005, 10:56 PM Reply   
jme...have a great time...I was there for Schwennes first camp this year. I don't think there is anything bad you can say about the place. I wouldn't camp there personally. The campground is on a cliff above the water but no where else to stay unless on a houseboat. Buck took our boat up the river one day and except for dodging driftwood and migrating spider webs, it was the best water I have ever had. Also...cingular worked everywhere there.

Steven...say hi to Buck, Schwenne, and Jared from Geri.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-28-2005, 12:41 AM Reply   
Geri? Is this the Geri that does the safety for CLWC? If so I met you at the last tournament. I will say hey to the guys for you.
Old    chrisole            07-28-2005, 1:24 AM Reply   
Nextel doesn't work at all for me at McClure.