Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-28-2007, 8:22 AM Reply   
which one is louder for size and price. putting on a 08 malibu
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-28-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
Both are louder than you'll ever need. In my opinion, Dbot looks far better but you can't go wrong with either.
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-29-2007, 4:51 PM Reply   
i like the look of the dbot's way better, but i've only seen them on a mastercraft and it looked bomb, but i dont know about a malibu
Old     (csparks13)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-30-2007, 5:58 AM Reply   
I have only heard the Wetsounds. They are super clear. They look pretty sweet as well. I agree you can't go wrong with either.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-30-2007, 6:34 AM Reply   
1 VOTE FOR WETSOUNDS!
Old     (357)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-31-2007, 10:56 AM Reply   
Hey soundbox, are you guys in fairfield or Vacaville by chance?
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-31-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
Im biased but I love our wetsounds. We get complements everywhere we go.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-01-2007, 8:35 PM Reply   
Seven-

Sorry for the late reply, was at SEMA.

We are located in Sacramento.
Old     (massattitude)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-11-2007, 8:55 PM Reply   
I have had lots of differnt tower speakers and my Wet Sounds beats them all.
One more vote for wet Sounds!!
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-11-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
I haven't heard WetSounds yet, but just bought an 05 vRide with four Dbot5 8" speakers across the tower......... I'm pretty sure they'll give you a run for your money.

The only thing I can compare them to is a friend's system with 2 NVS Entitys. You can hear either setup CLEARLY from 1000' away.... or more! Today we had a boarder tell us it was way too loud at the end of the rope.
Old     (more_betterness)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-13-2007, 11:26 AM Reply   
I vote for Dbot, I have heard both and I like Dbot better in sound and looks.
Old    Ben Kerran            11-13-2007, 11:39 AM Reply   
Wow, I need to hear some of these Dbots then. With the exception of a couple of NVS tower systems, I haven't heard anything that compares to Wetsounds IMHO.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-13-2007, 11:41 AM Reply   
I thought Dbot were the ones that went to china and found the skylon/wetsounds facilities...and said here's are $$$ now make us some. My guess is they will sound very similar to the wetsounds.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-13-2007, 12:23 PM Reply   
Sam,

DBOT went to china but did not find our facility or skylon's. They took one of each or our speakers and tried to copy our drivers and skylons housings. I have heard them and can tell you that they have failed in trying to copy our sound. So they do not sound similar. They had been trying to get us, skylon and many other companies to OEM them speakers for the last few years. And even after trying to knock off our speakers and failing (under their own admission as well), they had the nerve to come back and ask us again to make speakers for them.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-13-2007, 12:46 PM Reply   
Am I allowed to vote twice?

oh well... ANOTHER VOTE FOR WETSOUNDS!
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-13-2007, 1:05 PM Reply   
I can't comment from a technical aspect because I know nothing about setting up a system. I can give 1 consumers opinion based on my experience. I just bought a new boat and was looking for tower speakers. My dealer was non biased and allowed me to hook up both speakers to the system that had been set up in my boat (which was the Alpine PDX amps). Now I don't know if either speakers have to be wired certain ways, but when listening to both they are both great IMO. I chose the Dbots. At 70ft they were clear, but not as clear as the Wetsounds. The big difference was the sound when you were in the boat and in the price. The Wetsounds were very rough on the ears from inside the boat, the Dbots were great in the boat. The price was about $1000 less, now I not sure how much of that savings was on the dealer or how much was due to the overall price of the speakers. Now as a consumer with only sound and price in mind I don't think anything that I heard compares to NVS, Wetsound, or DBots.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-13-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
"At 70ft they were clear, but not as clear as the Wetsounds."

Let me guess this was in a parking lot of some sort. This is a problem with a majority of so called boat stereo installers. You cannot get an accurate picture of how a tower speaker will perform on teh water listening to it in a parking lot....especaially a HLCD based one. I have a feeling you may have gotten the non HLCD d-bot speakers. And from the sounds of the price difference I would bet on it. All I can say is take them back. you'll be pissed when all you hear is wind and engine noise behind the boat. and kick your installer in the nutz for not having a clue.
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-13-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
Thanks Sam,

Actually I bought the boat I did because of the above an beyond service that the dealer did for me. The boat that I bought was actually more then I wanted to spend but because the dealer took the time to make sure I got exactly what I wanted by taking me out twice, once to demo and then again to take delivery. The first time to demo it had the Dbots the next time he actually had the Wetsounds hooked up and then I decided on the Dbots, so I had to wait an add'l time to pick up the boat so they could reinstall the Dbots. Now like I said I don't know anything about anything when it comes to speakers I just listen to sound and price.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-13-2007, 2:37 PM Reply   
Erik,

Which speakers did you demo? I see the Dbot being $50 to $100 less a pair of the 6 inch or 8 inch as compared to the PRO 60 or PRO 80. Not seeing where $1000 could come from.

Sam brings up a good point on the demo. Not only is it hard to hear what tower speakers will sound like unless on the water. But more than that. it is really hard to compare speakers unless you are running optimum power to each speakers rated specs. A speaker reproduces what it is given from the amplifier. It is hard for many to say they have heard this or that without knowing what was powering the system. One may have heard one brand on a cheap under powered amp and the other system on a properly powered high grade amp. Or the same amp on different speakers but one speaker may be under powered etc.... But the speakers are always what gets judged.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-13-2007, 3:55 PM Reply   
I have never even heard of dbots?