Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-22-2006, 1:51 PM Reply   
So I have just started using my wakeboard pro on my '05 Tige, and absolutely love it!!!

However, I have noticed that sometimes, not every time, it will accelerate past the set speed by 4 or 5 MPH before settling back to the set speed. Once it settles in, it is fine for the whole ride. My question is, am I doing something wrong with the throttle or is it just the way it goes?

It is not a huge problem, except when my daughter rides, she is 11, and I set it for say 17 or 18, and it pulls her to say 24 or 25 before settling back, she gets a little scared. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance, I Love Wake World for all the great help.

Sean
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-22-2006, 4:03 PM Reply   
If that's the speed you advance the throttle to, that's the speed it will seek before Perfect Pass takes control. Once you hear the beep, look at your speed and adjust the speed to a few mph higher than the desired Perfect Pass setting. Tell your daughter she's lucky, my wife pushes the throttle all the way down and I hold on for one hell of a ride before PP takes control. The more above the PP speed that is set, the more it will seek and fluctuate. Hope that helps.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-22-2006, 4:19 PM Reply   
you can overshoot pp pretty easy like you mentioned..

here are a couple tips i got from some pretty good drivers..

-know your rpm when you are at your desired speed (my boat is 3100 rpm)
-you may have accelerate 200-500 rpm past it depending on your boat, ballast, and rider to get them out of the hole (i'll go to 3400 rpm to 3600 rpm)
-once you 2-3 miles before your desired speed, back off your throttle that rpm (gradually back off the rpms from 3500 to 3200 - generally speaking)

pp will "slip" right into that set speed with no overshoot.. it makes for a really nice ride

(Message edited by clubmyke on July 22, 2006)
Old     (wakemaniac69)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-27-2006, 11:49 AM Reply   
like clubmyke says, accelerate your throttle gently. PP takeover is smooth and you shouldn't have to get up past 20mph for the system to pick up. Enjoy