Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    hkyplaya55            03-05-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
I just got a brand new malibu LSV today i was wondering if anyone had any good weight configurations. this would be a big help thanks
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-05-2006, 11:03 PM Reply   
2 sacs in the pass. compartment...one in the side locker, one on top of the seats.

Email me if you need help with the BU

r_reierson@yahoo.com

Makes a wake like this.....
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by rson on March 05, 2006)
Old    xtreme            03-07-2006, 8:30 PM Reply   
We are taking out a 2006 23 LSV for a demo tomorrow, we are looking to create a big wake. I will post our experience. Are you goofy or regular? I guess, I mean, do you weight the port or starboard side?
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-07-2006, 9:19 PM Reply   
Regular foot.

We weight the passanger side
Old    hkyplaya55            03-08-2006, 1:57 PM Reply   
i am goffy i ride on the starboard side
Old    xtreme            03-08-2006, 8:42 PM Reply   
Sean,
We started out with:
Power Wedge 1/2 down.
Starboard, center and front ballast's full.
Driver, and 4 passengers combined weight of 825.
All sitting on starboard side between the driver seat and engine compartment.
I no sooner applied the throttle, settled at 10 mph, and we immediately had a surfable wake, thigh high, 15' long(nice), with a curl at the top. I was very impressed to have such a wake without playing around with weight transfer, boat speed, fat sacks, and/or the wedge.
We then tried a few different combinations, adding sacks, different speeds, and having the passengers move around. We got it pretty big, looked about like Rich's, in the pic's above, but we sacrificed stability and handling.

Rich, you've got it made with this boat. For the simple fact that you are regular foot(riding toe side). Weighing down the 23LSV on the port side, pound for pound compared to the starboard side, will still keep reasonable handling characteristics(while still weighted, but at normal driving speeds). Simply because of the rotation of the prop.

Sean, My opinion is the 23LSV is a great boat, and we may still buy one for our 2006 season, we'll decide after our demo in a Nautique 220 this weekend. If you like to bury your boat with extra weight, like we do, you will have to empty some sacks or transfer enough weight or passengers to the port side before getting up to cruising speed to get to your next destination. But, that is normal for most boats. Unless you have a boat with reverse rotation. Or, you could simply learn to ride heelside, weight down the port side, and call it a day.