Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-10-2005, 7:50 PM Reply   
just got through watching a full length showing of Relentless the lF video on fuel..its the second wakeboard video this month played in full along with three other shows that have come on involving wakeboarding..

thats more wakeboarding on TV then ive see all last year..

im glad i switched to satellite and get Fuel ..

grant it they still show more skating,motox,surfing and snowboarding but its nice to see so much wakeboarding in one place..

just dropping some info ...Fuel is thumbs up for me...

BTW relentless is a pretty good flick ...
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-10-2005, 8:01 PM Reply   
There has been quite a bit on lately. Hope it stays that way, like to turn on the TV and see wakeboarding.

(Message edited by ridn9high on March 10, 2005)
Old    blind5            03-10-2005, 8:45 PM Reply   
you have to remember that those other sports are still a lot bigger than wakeboarding
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-11-2005, 6:33 AM Reply   
i have direct TV and i used to get fuel with my current subscription package. i no longer get fuel. i dont know why though.

(Message edited by mossy44 on March 11, 2005)
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-11-2005, 7:40 AM Reply   
Yeah I watched that also. I have my Tivo set up to record all shows with wakeboarding and it's been getting quite a few lately.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-11-2005, 8:20 AM Reply   
Ditto here.. Watched it this morning before work.

Kinda off topic - but whats the deal with wake movies? They just seem to be missing something. Warren Miller has been making Snow movies for 40 years now and they are always good. Wake movies just tend to be WakeMTV.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-11-2005, 8:26 AM Reply   
Warren miller movies are a lot different then any other sports movies. There's a lot of commentary and almost a story behind each segment. where as most other movies such as typical wake and snow movies are simply people riding with music. I like it when they talk and kind of tell a story behind where their riding and some of the experiences they had. It gets you more into the movie rather then just watching it.
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       03-11-2005, 11:08 AM Reply   
how do you set it up to record wakeboarding?
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-11-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
you set up a season pass by keyword. and use whatever word you want. I have one set up for wakeboard and one set up for snowboard. That way I don't miss any shows.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-11-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
my DVR isnt Tivo and doesnt have that option. I just scan a couple days in adv and select the shows I want to record
Old     (oldmansteck)      Join Date: May 2002       03-11-2005, 12:59 PM Reply   
Why was the music changed for the broadcast on fuel? When i went to the premier and in my own personal copy of the movie the music was way different.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-11-2005, 6:34 PM Reply   
Matt check and amke sure they didnt change your local channel package or raise prices etc..

I know total choice the cheaper package doesnt include it..

the totalChoice Plus package does have it ..

if you have totalchoicePlus and arent getting it anymore call them and have them refresh your account and access cards...
Old    xtremebordgurl            03-12-2005, 5:51 AM Reply   
I missed relentless but I was super stoked to see Dean Lavelle getting a little segment in GKA when they went to his place for a day. He totally deserves any and all coverage he gets, he's such a good guy and an incredible coach. Props to dean and fuel!
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-12-2005, 10:22 AM Reply   
Does anyone know if it's possible to add just one channel (Fuel TV) to your Direct TV subscription? We have Direct TV right now, but we don't have the package that includes Fuel TV. We would just like to add the single channel instead of having to pay for a more expensive package. Anyone have any idea?
Old     (cwb12)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-12-2005, 11:01 AM Reply   
i know you can add fuel to bright house for only 1.99 and it comes with 2 other sports channels. So I bet you can do the same with direct tv?
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-12-2005, 11:21 AM Reply   
Yeah it's cool! FUEL is playing a lot of the films from the X-Dance right now (X-Dance is the extreme sports version of the Sundance Festival).

Justin - I believe it's only $3.99/mo extra. You'll get FUEL and a bunch of other channels...

For channel availability I would call your cable/satellite provider.

Old    xtremebordgurl            03-12-2005, 4:37 PM Reply   
we have direct tv and it only costs an extra two bucks a month and it comes with a couple different FOX Sports channels. Totally worth it IMO.
Old     (cramey)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-12-2005, 7:06 PM Reply   
FYI- I get FUEL from cox communications... its cable.
Old    hyperchick05            03-12-2005, 10:26 PM Reply   
Man, we used to get Fuel and we have digital cable with Cox. I miss it. We quit getting that option tier because I was the only one who watched it.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-12-2005, 10:37 PM Reply   
i have digital cox cable...i have fuel.
Old     (rippin24)      Join Date: May 2001       03-14-2005, 8:25 AM Reply   
I am 20000% dissapointed in the fact that RELENTLESS was so chopped up and the music was horrible, I am not sure if that was a re-release, or what but no-one believed me that the music and clips were different so we put the dvd in and ended up watching that, THAT dvd is why it was given so much praise, and the music/editing, then FUEL plays a chopped up lame music version of what was an incredible movie!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-14-2005, 12:52 PM Reply   
Bliss - I wonder if FUEL changed the music because Album Films didn't have the cleared rights?

Old     (justinstephens)      Join Date: May 2003       03-14-2005, 3:23 PM Reply   
We couldn't get television broadcast licenses for some of the larger artists, so we picked new music / licensed it for television / and re-cut the film in like 2 and a half weeks...Still recovering, haha...
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-14-2005, 3:34 PM Reply   
Yeah Justin! We have official verification from the man who made the movie!It's completely understandable about getting usage rights for the music. The bottom line is that movie is an outstanding piece of cinemetography and is a great representation of wakeboarding for the broad viewership of Fuel. Justin, it's a great film and it's cool to see the accolades still coming your way long after the movie's release. But we need more Don Wallace and even a little Aaron Grace in there for Relentless II.

Wada tah!
Old    dick            03-16-2005, 8:33 PM Reply   
hahaha a while back fuel tv was at a compotition at castaic lake and me and my friends triied to get in the shot and we thought we did but we never saw the episode, i dont evan know if they played the episode
Old     (kento911)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-17-2005, 12:05 AM Reply   
I understand hes no longer with LF, but I would have liked to hav eseen Tims riding get broadcast that was one of the better made wakeksate section Ive seen kudos justin, at the very least I would have liked to have seen the Schnoodles footage in place of the fish stuff, Im not doggin just some constructive criticism, and as far as the music thats too bad about the liscensing I grabbed it form the shop I work for the day it came in fabulous flick 2 thumbs up, especially Tim and Bens sections masterfully composed
Old     (rippin24)      Join Date: May 2001       03-17-2005, 10:19 PM Reply   
I understand the liscensing,I was not aware that that would come into play for something like that, either way the filming was incredible, and the editing some of the best to date for sure, but I do have to admit the incredible editing to the music originaly set to the film, most definately makes it all the more! That is one of my favorite movies by far and thankyou! It has been in at the shop for months now, non stop!
Tims riding is sick!